USMB Coffee Shop IV

selfie-1960.jpg

Re that old mansion, I am super squeamish about things that crawl, fly, scurry very fast, don't like spiders, on me anyway, and I don't know if I would handle a dead body as well as I used to.

It has been raining off and on all day long in Albuquerque--some occasional snail (sleet/hail stuff) and occasional rumbles of thunder. We have been in exceptional drought conditions for many months now so this is wonderful!!!

My sister gave me a gift card for 'water stones' book store for Christmas and it just opened last week after a long lockdown, So I went and brought a book called 'Van Gogh, the complete paintings'
I highly recommend this book which is published by Taschen books and cost only sixteen pounds.
It has over eight hundred paintings in colour and I had never seen most of them before.
I found out that Vincent started out as a conventional painter doing still life's and landscapes.
He was an excellent draughtsman, and I never realized this about him because all I had ever seen were the famous, later works. His early work was quite conventional, and very well done.

So I decided I would order more books in the series and I thought I would get 'Boch' the complete paintings. But when I looked it up on the internet it turned out to be priced at fifty pounds., and that was reduced from one hundred pounds. Then I saw other books and believe it or not some of them cost one thousand five hundred pounds. I can't imagine anyone paying that much for a modern book.

So if you are interested in good books check out the Taschen web site, but check the price before ordering one.

Well, I am fixing to go to bed, but thought I would update since the discussion turned to art.
I am burned out on painting rocks and furniture, and one of the residents here is an artist and has all kinds of stuff. She gave me all her Sculpty clay..the kind you bake. Never did this before, so I began to just play with it. Been on a roll since then. Two lizards, a frog on a leaf, two cats. Soon as I can, I will post pics.

I am rarely online for longer than a minute or two. Just burned out on all the negativity...on tv and on social media. So now I just do art here and there and stay busy all day doing stuff then falling into bed exhausted. And I have been up since 5:30am so I am way past due to get in my comfy bed.

Night night.

IMG_20210427_170836.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20210427_100459.jpg
    IMG_20210427_100459.jpg
    299.7 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20210429_082616.jpg
    IMG_20210429_082616.jpg
    222.1 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20210429_082541.jpg
    IMG_20210429_082541.jpg
    201.2 KB · Views: 35
My sister gave me a gift card for 'water stones' book store for Christmas and it just opened last week after a long lockdown, So I went and brought a book called 'Van Gogh, the complete paintings'
I highly recommend this book which is published by Taschen books and cost only sixteen pounds.
It has over eight hundred paintings in colour and I had never seen most of them before.
I found out that Vincent started out as a conventional painter doing still life's and landscapes.
He was an excellent draughtsman, and I never realized this about him because all I had ever seen were the famous, later works. His early work was quite conventional, and very well done.

So I decided I would order more books in the series and I thought I would get 'Boch' the complete paintings. But when I looked it up on the internet it turned out to be priced at fifty pounds., and that was reduced from one hundred pounds. Then I saw other books and believe it or not some of them cost one thousand five hundred pounds. I can't imagine anyone paying that much for a modern book.

So if you are interested in good books check out the Taschen web site, but check the price before ordering one.
One thing about me many don't know is that I am a member of the Circle of Trustees at the Butler Institute of American Art. And few know that the Butler has a Van Gogh. “In the Dunes", created in 1883.

My favorite...

D. Omer "Salty" Seamon (1911–1997) was an American painter known for his folksy watercolors and landscapes of Indiana and the Midwest. His work can be found in galleries and homes across the United States.[1]

D. Omer Seamon - Wikipedia

View attachment 485364

One of my favourite artists, Andrew Wyeth, painted old barns and regional life in America. I visited his place in Chadds Ford, now a museum, and also an exhibition of his work at the Smithsonian, D.C.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back