USMB Coffee Shop IV

That is a beautiful part of WV, I havenā€™t been on a road trip there in a few years though. Normally weā€™d have snow, not rain. Weā€™ve had so much they have warned about flash flooding. Really, in January? I took my youngest dog running, we do a five mile loop that takes us along the Youghiogheny River and was raging. Great for the white water rafters and kayakers (saw them out there). Got good and soaked but it was 53 degrees so it didnā€™t matter. At least Wyatt is tired ( yard is a mud hole, so not much playing).
We stayed at the end of a motel in a two-room 'suite' there in White Sulphur and 50 yds or so beyond that was a small creek--I'm thinking Howard's Creek? That whole summer we woke up to dense fog most mornings that usually burned off before mid morning. Almost every afternoon it would rain and that little creek became a roaring river for awhile but never quite got out of its banks. I don't recall any flood warnings but all the way back then maybe they didn't have any way to know or issue them? It was the only time in my entire life that I've thought there was an abundance of water and no concern about drought. :)

Good Night Sleepy Smiley

Hoping for @Big Black Dog, @gallantwarrior, @Nosmo King, @peach174 and others to check in.
On a daily basis...

One of my favorite breakfasts is cottage cheese and pineapple. A 24 oz container of low fat cottage cheese and a 20 oz can of pineapple tidbits in 100% pineapple juice, mix the two together (juice and all) and put it in the fridge overnight. Massive health benefits but in moderation of course.

12 Proven Health Benefits of Eating Cottage Cheese with Pineapple - DrHealthBenefits.com
Been eating this mixture for 50 years... Fresh cracked pepper and a spoon and leave me alone... Good eats...

My news. The most unexpected.

Ended up in an American hospital, for sudden emergency surgery, twisted blocked intestine. No warnings or symptoms of it either.

On top of that, being treated for Covid. So, a double whammy!

Recovering now, and the care is excellent.
What a New Year start, love. Hope you bounce right back and never have another viral visit. :huddle: Sending a group hug from all of us here. And a little get well wish, too:

1641115484293.png

What a New Year start, love. Hope you bounce right back and never have another viral visit. :huddle: Sending a group hug from all of us here. And a little get well wish, too:

That's so much. Iā€™m convalescing on the couch with two cats and some toast.

Itā€™s becoming clearer that Covid may have been responsible for that small bowel obstruction.

Itā€™s becoming clearer that Covid may have been responsible for that small bowel obstruction.
Here in Walker County's Pine Woods, you see a "free covid testing" sign here and there if you go to town. I have been fortunate enough not to have had to go to too many places since I live on a small farm plot and wear a mask most every time I got to a store for supplies or food. And I have a tube of hand sanitizer in my purse at all times. I do work out in a gymn where they provide sanitizer for wiping down equipment before and after, and it's big enough where if someone gets too close to you than social distancing suggests, you can always do something else for a few minutes.

Sending prayers up for you never getting another virus again, Mindful. So far, hand sanitizer and throwaway masks have kept me free of not only what's going around, but also has cut down the allergy suffering I had for months at a stretch before I decided if it keeps viruses out, it could keep pollen and mold at bay as well, because they have larger particles than viruses by exponential measurements.

Going to head out to the gymn before the parking lot fills up. Have a great January 2, 2022, everyone. :yes_text12:

There is an ebb and flow to the Coffee Shop. Sometimes it is pretty quiet for days or a couple of weeks and then there is a flurry of activity and we fill a lot of pages in a day or two. A lot of the old regulars aren't posting on USMB at all anymore and others only every once in awhile but all that could change at any time. And we have a number of regulars now who were newbies not all that long ago. And some who are missing. Those who live alone and we haven't heard from in months I do worry about what with the pandemic and all.

But all in all we can't have too many friends and we're happy you're here Opie. :)
Thatā€™s what I love about Measage Boards, I can remember my first one I was a moderator of. Deeplist.com. back in the AOL days, you would get to know these people so personally through a keyboard itā€™s like you know them in real life itā€™s just something you canā€™t get anywhere else

Thatā€™s what I love about Measage Boards, I can remember my first one I was a moderator of. Deeplist.com. back in the AOL days, you would get to know these people so personally through a keyboard itā€™s like you know them in real life itā€™s just something you canā€™t get anywhere else
True. I was a Guide on the old AOL and ran a political forum for CNN for awhile on old AOL back in the mid 90's. Got to know a lot of good people through that and met several in real life. Sometimes I miss those old chat rooms. A message board isn't quite the same and it is much harder to have real time conversations but every now and then it happens.

Good Morning, Pots brewin. anyone have any good shows to binge watch?
I have the last two seasons of "The Good Doctor" recorded on our VCR and am considering binge watching that this week after the football games are over. I like football but get tired of it quickly. Hombre (my hubby) does watch most football this time of year though.

Last edited:
I have the last two seasons of "The Good Doctor" recorded on our VCR and am considering binge watching that this week after the football games are over. I like football but get tired of it quickly. Hombre (my hubby) does watch most football this time of year though.
Yea I been on some football today. Crazy AFC this year. I like the Bengals but Burrow just went down

I've been reading up on the symptoms of the Omicron Variant and yes, though not common, intestinal blockage is one of them.

My new computer has a nice feature--you can find relaxing pastimes. This morning I was looking for a way to change my opening page to something I love a lot--deep sea fish. When he was living, my husband took the two of us to Puerto Rico, and we looked at fish you could just go to the edge of a wall, look down, and there was every color in the rainbow. We also found a glass bottom boat somewhere in the Caribbean on a cruise and saw a man feeding manta rays. The year we went to Portugal, we visited the oceanario. And this morning, I took a vicarious tour of ocean aquarium fish for free screensaving wallpaper. Here goes one of them:

Forum List

Back