USMB Coffee Shop IV

By the way, if anyone is looking for low carb crackers Wasa is the way to go. Eight carbs for two crackers, what they call crispbread and these are large crackers.
Matter of fact dinner tonight was two crispbreads with a little canola butter, munster cheese and an apple.

Well, might have a tad more nutrition in it, but not much. But the high fructose we avoid pretty much 100% these days.
We generally buy local honey because it seems to give immunity to the local allergies for us and our dog. I don’t have problems with allergies so I’m thinking it actually works.

This is what I get for griping about the snow, non-stop snow, around zero degree temperatures since yesterday evening, my guess .. 8-ish inches with plenty more to go..

Sure .. I'm warm and cozy for now but sheesh .. who knows.. :eusa_think:

Coolest neighbors ever.. I guess it's getting pretty obvious that I'm old. My neighbors on either side of my house are out there shoveling the snow off my driveway..

How cool yet humbling is that .. :)

We generally buy local honey because it seems to give immunity to the local allergies for us and our dog. I don’t have problems with allergies so I’m thinking it actually works.
Yes, if you can get it, local/regional honey is excellent as an allergy fighter. It's hard to come by here and terribly expensive though so I try to get honey from places with similar plants as grow naturally here like parts of west Texas, Arizona, etc.

Coolest neighbors ever.. I guess it's getting pretty obvious that I'm old. My neighbors on either side of my house are out there shoveling the snow off my driveway..

How cool yet humbling is that .. :)
When we get to a certain age that kind of help from great neighbors is more blessing than humbling though. :)

When we get to a certain age that kind of help from great neighbors is more blessing than humbling though. :)
It turns out they were worried that my wife would have a problem getting up the driveway.

Also .. It seems she’s been enchanting their children with hugs, cinnamon swirl bread and cookies.

The twist is the whole time she was parked in the garage (which she hates doing). She doesn’t like backing up the car.

I used to be good for a couple hours shoveling snow at a time, now it’s 15 minutes and break time … the official humbling part.

Happy Sunday Morning Coffee Shop Peeps!

Screen Shot 2024-01-14 at 8.32.08 AM.png

It's interesting when something "bad" happens with our health so many people offer up untold amount of helpful advice. Don't get me wrong as it is appreciated and even I do it to from time to time........ This is my attitude so that said and I quote Hunter S. Thompson:

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”

Last edited:
It's interesting when something "bad" happens with our health so many people offer up untold amount of helpful advice. Don't get me wrong as it is appreciated and even I do it to from time to time........ This is my attitude so that said and I quote Hunter S. Thompson:

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
I agree. But it's a lot more fun if you aren't dealing with a lot of pain and disability too. There's a balance in there somewhere for all of us I hope.

My dog family woke me up at 2 am this morning, so I let them out. 10 minutes later they were begging to come back in, so I turned on the computer and found out it was 24 degrees Farenheit out there. I opened the door to the mob of 7, all trying to get into the house as soon as possible. It's going to be a hard freeze in Texas in the next day or two, but it also showed that there is an avalanche in Colorado, and the pictures showed cars encased in snow with some trying to shovel out what the night snow had buried. Please stay indoors if you have fallen even once in the last couple of years. There's going to be ice here and there from coast to coast.. Y'all take care. Love, beautress

Tis the season to drink ginger tea...

Buh-bye, arthritis pain, stomach aches, backache, and hunger pain. It's really good for preventing diabetes by controlling blood sugar issues, and it gets rid of sinus infections, and too many GI tract issues to mention. Use it with intelligent moderation when it fixes all the problems above. The taste is out of this world. :thup:

I have an older Black & Decker 12 cup drip coffee maker that despite routine cleanings is starting to get somewhat "crusty". The hard water here plays havoc on anything unfiltered that uses it.
So I found what appeared to be a good (more compact) 12 cup Proctor Silex for less than are replacement B&D........ One would think that after decades of making drip coffee makers Proctor Silex could design a carafe that doesn't dribble....... Good thing I got it on Amazon, it's going back.

81KmSL1D8ML._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Baby it's cold outside! My little small stream of water failed, and I watched the small stream turn to drips, and then to nothing. I'm pretty sure the oil in the car stops working at 14 degrees F, And Ineed some coffee! The roads are bitterly icy, and I'm not going to drive until I see some sign of the sun and air that doesn't freeze your lung's alveolar sacs. Time to pull out the crochet hook and make another dishrag. sigh

Mother nature is having herself a field day.

Baby it's cold outside! My little small stream of water failed, and I watched the small stream turn to drips, and then to nothing. I'm pretty sure the oil in the car stops working at 14 degrees F, And Ineed some coffee! The roads are bitterly icy, and I'm not going to drive until I see some sign of the sun and air that doesn't freeze your lung's alveolar sacs. Time to pull out the crochet hook and make another dishrag. sigh

Mother nature is having herself a field day.
We’re getting into the negatives -8 ishes , wind gusts and snow accumulation around a foot. I’ve been keeping my driving at a minimum but It’s not so bad and pretty , not quite icy just yet.
Stay warm Lady Beautress. .. 🤗

We’re getting into the negatives -8 ishes , wind gusts and snow accumulation around a foot. I’ve been keeping my driving at a minimum but It’s not so bad and pretty , not quite icy just yet.
Stay warm Lady Beautress. .. 🤗

thanks, Lumpy, and Wow, minus 8 degrees, and I was cold when it went down to 16F here in beautiful , beautiful Texas where the beautiful bluebonnets grow (only in March in Walker Co., usually)

Missing them... and achin' for spring this cold and clammy night.
1705460482195.jpeg

1705460678079.jpeg

1705460564133.jpeg

1705460737518.jpeg

And I'm missing some really good patriots who used to spend more time with us here...

1705460927753.jpeg

1705461000230.jpeg
1705461834596.jpeg

LOL. There is an image in there though. :)
Foxfire, I went back there. squinted, and saw a panda. :thup: Oh, and several of the pics (above) and of those I'm not seeing enough of didn't come out right. Through the years, we've had a lot of people who used to visit us often. I still miss BBD, 007, Dajjal andhis art,, and several others. I guess stuff happens in their lives, and they have demands made of them in real life.

Good night everyone. Stay warm and shake out those Wooly sweaters and outer coats. Have to go put the tribe of puppies who've grown up to the upstairs soft carpet in the hall. It's just too cold outside. Most years we don't even get down to freezing. This year brrrr for days on end...

Attachments

• 1705461659279.jpeg
    1705461659279.jpeg
    2.1 KB · Views: 6
  • 1705461363382.jpeg
    1705461363382.jpeg
    4.2 KB · Views: 6
  • 1705461916182.jpeg
    1705461916182.jpeg
    2.1 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
thanks, Lumpy, and Wow, minus 8 degrees, and I was cold when it went down to 16F here in beautiful , beautiful Texas where the beautiful bluebonnets grow (only in March in Walker Co., usually)

Missing them... and achin' for spring this cold and clammy night.
View attachment 888981

View attachment 888986

View attachment 888983

View attachment 888987

And I'm missing some really good patriots who used to spend more time with us here...

View attachment 888988

View attachment 888989 View attachment 888998

I went back there. squinted, and saw a panda. :thup:
I love those bluebonnets.

The last 3 years has been pretty tame in comparison to this year. I wish California wasn’t so far gone, that’s my kinda weather.

We just might end up on the southern Oregon coast I’m thinking. The redwoods and waves are calling us.

Forum List

Back