USMB Coffee Shop IV

I would prefer chips and salsa...but I won't eat the salsa that Pogo would like.:tongue:

Wimp.
emot-munch.gif

As I recall, you enjoy that nasty cilantro in your salsa.:puke:

Cilantro is healthy!!!

Today is day 20 of the great Stat-Princess-Stalalina 2014 vacation, and we went swimming today at our favorite indoor pool, since it has rained like crazy in the last number of days. Her gills have grown now to adult size.

We were there almost 6 hours, almost 5 of them in water. She knows this is her last swimming session with Papa before she goes back to Mama and she was just "Feuer und Flamme" ("Fire and Flame") to swim as much as she could. Everything from diving for rings at the bottom of the pool to ball catching to jumping from the 1 meter board to doing laps in the long lap lanes. It's really fun to watch her grow in this regard. I come from a family of swimmers and water skiiers and so life on and in the water is natural to me. Her mother is not really a swimmer and so she leaves this part of Princess Statalina's development to me. :D

I told the little one that when you swim a lot, when your body gets hungry, it usually craves either something sweet or something salty, not so often both at once, so she should listen to her body and decide what to snack on. We packed two different sets of snacks and she wrote "sweet" on the one and "salzig" ("salty") on the other. Cute as could be.

So, that was life today from 11 to 5, including showering and shampooing Princess hairs and blowdrying and styling and all that cool jazz.

Then we visited a friend of mine who is babysitting a terrarium for a number of days, filled with reptiles called "Dornschwanzagamen" (Uromastyx acanthinura nigriventris), "thorny tailed dragon lizards". The little critters look like this:

bietereptilien510.jpg

The one crawled up little Princess' arm and she didn't even scream. Progress!

On the last full day of her vacation, tomorrow, we are heading for a LegolandCentre close to us (about an hour's drive):

LEGOLAND® Discovery Centre Oberhausen - offizielle Seite

Never saw so many lego pieces in my entire life... should be fun.

BTW, this is the coolest August weather I can remember and leaves are starting to fall from the trees already. It has rained too much and I bet the farmers in this province are none too pleased.

Currently, the little one is watching: (you guessed it!) SCOOBY DOO!!

I came across this pic and thought of your princess and you.:)

swimlessons2011newB.jpg

I have some energy today, rest plus the allergens aren't kickin' my but so it's been back to putting things away, laundry, sweeping, dusting, vacuuming and mopping.
Just made ham salad from leftover ham we had a couple of days ago...... :thup:

been a busy weekend. yard work all day yesterday. got some major projects done. last night was my wifes friends mothers 85 birthday party. it was outdoors, catered and had a DJ. about 80 people were there. today was more yard work

Anyone up for a swim?

Howzabout some diving.......

article-2328249-19E81542000005DC-93_634x485.jpg

What in the world is that? ^^^^^ I tried to make it out...looks like a building going down during an earthquake....but it also looks like a picture taken from a helicopter of the top of a building....parking lot next to it....:eek:

Anyone up for a swim?

Howzabout some diving.......

article-2328249-19E81542000005DC-93_634x485.jpg

What in the world is that? ^^^^^ I tried to make it out...looks like a building going down during an earthquake....but it also looks like a picture taken from a helicopter of the top of a building....parking lot next to it....:eek:

It's a picture from a helmet cam on a base jumper. From what I gathered from the tickler is the jump didn't go well..........

been a busy weekend. yard work all day yesterday. got some major projects done. last night was my wifes friends mothers 85 birthday party. it was outdoors, catered and had a DJ. about 80 people were there. today was more yard work

Consider it to be G-d's gym!!

it can be quite a workout. plus you use muscles you don't usually touch in a gym

Consider it to be G-d's gym!!

it can be quite a workout. plus you use muscles you don't usually touch in a gym

Yes, those muscles that bitch back at you during your next sleep cycle.....

:lol:

As I recall, you enjoy that nasty cilantro in your salsa.:puke:

Cilantro is healthy!!!

We have a variety of stink beetle around here that smells like cilantro when you crush them. Friend of mine claims they taste like cilantro, too. I think I'll take his word for that.

EEWWWW!!! There is a list of things that I will never under any circumstances stick in my mouth, and stink beetles are going on that list.

Good...well, afternoon, everyone.
The day is starting late for me, I slept like a log. Just a sign I needed to sleep and heal. Wish I could just lounge a bit more, but the chores are signaling their need to be done.
Got my first response to my craigslist adds to sell my goats. Might have known the partner's "pack" goats would generate first interest. Partner is pretty p-o'ed that I'm deserting him, abandoning everything "we" have worked for. He refuses to hear or understand that all the work that has been done has been almost exclusively what he wanted. Other than establishing a nice dairy herd, all my projects have been vetoed and sidelined by this clown. Bad choice on my part, certainly. I'm hoping that while I a away with my family, he will give up and move on. The personal dynamic in this relationship is not really very healthy for me, though...but that's another story for another time.
Here's wishing y'all a pleasant Sunday afternoon.

Good...well, afternoon, everyone.
The day is starting late for me, I slept like a log. Just a sign I needed to sleep and heal. Wish I could just lounge a bit more, but the chores are signaling their need to be done.
Got my first response to my craigslist adds to sell my goats. Might have known the partner's "pack" goats would generate first interest. Partner is pretty p-o'ed that I'm deserting him, abandoning everything "we" have worked for. He refuses to hear or understand that all the work that has been done has been almost exclusively what he wanted. Other than establishing a nice dairy herd, all my projects have been vetoed and sidelined by this clown. Bad choice on my part, certainly. I'm hoping that while I a away with my family, he will give up and move on. The personal dynamic in this relationship is not really very healthy for me, though...but that's another story for another time.
Here's wishing y'all a pleasant Sunday afternoon.

Forum List

Back