USMB Coffee Shop IV

I think this has been posted in the Coffee Shop before but it's making the rounds again and I still find it frustratingly deceptive:

10153712_10151995344811314_819160146_n.jpg

I'll be going to work. :thup: For probably 4 hours. Perfect. :D

Well, I'm going to jump on the Harley around noon and head down to this trendy little town between here and Madison. They're having some big thing going on in the park today and a couple of friends of mine are playing there in a band called "Chicken Head." I'll see if I can stay out of trouble.

:crybaby: I wanna go witch `cha.

I was hopin' you'd say that... let's go... :D

On this day in history, August 17, amidst a lot of war and political stuff, there are a few items of interest. In 1790 the capital city of the U.S. moved to Philadelphia from New York City. Who knew? (Ten years later, in 1800, the seat of government would be moved again to its intended destination in Washington D.C.) In 1896 the Klondyke gold rush was on in Alaska and in 1903 Joseph Pulitzer donated $1 million to Columbia University and the Pulitzer Prize was initiated as a result.

But the one event that probably has affect all our lives more than any other was in 1982 when the first compact discs (CDs) were released to the public in Germany and would eventually be the way most computer software as well as much entertainment media was handled and transferred throughout the world. I'm going to guess that most of us have dozens and dozens of these in our homes if not hundreds.

But I have to admit, I still miss floppy discs.

compact-discs-9176825.jpg

On this day in history, August 17, amidst a lot of war and political stuff, there are a few items of interest. In 1790 the capital city of the U.S. moved to Philadelphia from New York City. Who knew? (Ten years later, in 1800, the seat of government would be moved again to its intended destination in Washington D.C.) In 1896 the Klondyke gold rush was on in Alaska and in 1903 Joseph Pulitzer donated $1 million to Columbia University and the Pulitzer Prize was initiated as a result.

But the one event that probably has affect all our lives more than any other was in 1982 when the first compact discs (CDs) were released to the public in Germany and would eventually be the way most computer software as well as much entertainment media was handled and transferred throughout the world. I'm going to guess that most of us have dozens and dozens of these in our homes if not hundreds.

But I have to admit, I still miss floppy discs.

compact-discs-9176825.jpg

I'm pretty sure I have a CD from 1981. It's Japanese. A label called "King". Can't lay my hands on it right now -- too many CDs to wade through. ;)

In 1790 the capital city of the U.S. moved to Philadelphia from New York City. Who knew?

Those of us who grew up in the Philadelphia area -- we thought everybody knew... :eusa_shifty:

Today is day 20 of the great Stat-Princess-Stalalina 2014 vacation, and we went swimming today at our favorite indoor pool, since it has rained like crazy in the last number of days. Her gills have grown now to adult size.

We were there almost 6 hours, almost 5 of them in water. She knows this is her last swimming session with Papa before she goes back to Mama and she was just "Feuer und Flamme" ("Fire and Flame") to swim as much as she could. Everything from diving for rings at the bottom of the pool to ball catching to jumping from the 1 meter board to doing laps in the long lap lanes. It's really fun to watch her grow in this regard. I come from a family of swimmers and water skiiers and so life on and in the water is natural to me. Her mother is not really a swimmer and so she leaves this part of Princess Statalina's development to me. :D

I told the little one that when you swim a lot, when your body gets hungry, it usually craves either something sweet or something salty, not so often both at once, so she should listen to her body and decide what to snack on. We packed two different sets of snacks and she wrote "sweet" on the one and "salzig" ("salty") on the other. Cute as could be.

So, that was life today from 11 to 5, including showering and shampooing Princess hairs and blowdrying and styling and all that cool jazz.

Then we visited a friend of mine who is babysitting a terrarium for a number of days, filled with reptiles called "Dornschwanzagamen" (Uromastyx acanthinura nigriventris), "thorny tailed dragon lizards". The little critters look like this:

bietereptilien510.jpg

The one crawled up little Princess' arm and she didn't even scream. Progress!

On the last full day of her vacation, tomorrow, we are heading for a LegolandCentre close to us (about an hour's drive):

LEGOLAND® Discovery Centre Oberhausen - offizielle Seite

Never saw so many lego pieces in my entire life... should be fun.

BTW, this is the coolest August weather I can remember and leaves are starting to fall from the trees already. It has rained too much and I bet the farmers in this province are none too pleased.

Currently, the little one is watching: (you guessed it!) SCOOBY DOO!!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back