USMB Coffee Shop IV

Happy Monday Afternoon all !

seats-taken.jpg

That is too funny.... reminds me of going somewhere where seating is limited and people have several seats saved, and the people they save them for never show up!

Another cooler day than usual here in Oaklandtown...with my green tomatoes freezing on the vines.

:(

How about the earthquake Boe? Did you feel it? Any damage at all in your area?

Didn't feel it and no damage. Our house is build into bedrock, and is pretty solid.

Another cooler day than usual here in Oaklandtown...with my green tomatoes freezing on the vines.

:(

Had a li'l green tomato come off or get knocked off (I forget) -- it was nowhere near ripe so I stuck it in the fruit basket. Worst case I can toss it later. Coupla weeks later it's all red and ripe and delicious.

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for :

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Sheila’s friend Shirley,
Spoonie, Ringel, and Sheila's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
BDBoop, her sis, and family,
Hombre,
Pix,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Sheila and son Andrew,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj and Nana,
Sheila's sore foot post surgery healing,
Stat's aunt,
Complete healing for Mrs. Ringel and assurance for Ringel,
Wellness for BBD,
007's Mom,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Oddball, Sunshine, and Becki.

candle.gif

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Hope everyone is having a good evening. Got my Sensei to film one of my katas tonight. Sending to someone high up to look at it, the window was there for me to ask, but my dear Sensei took it the wrong way and thought I went behind her back. Poor darling should know I would never do that to her.
She's in my bad books because she doubted me. *sigh*

Happy hump day eve, folks!

Dropping in to catch up on my CS reading. Yes, posting is down cuz workload is up. People have to start getting back to work after the Summer downtime. I expect that posting will pick up as we approach November.

As far as the format goes it took a while but now it works. I miss the Preview button and don't want the extra clicks. Instead I am trying to convince myself that I can do without but it isn't the same.

QUESTION TO THE COFFEE SHOPPERS:
Back when we had to close the original Coffee Shop, C_K pinned the Coffee Shop so we would always be on top. But now with the new software, we are still pinned but are no longer bolded on the list like all the other threads and we appear before admin's instruction thread and as a result are pretty invisible. Would you be comfortable asking that we be unpinned and allowed to float and sink or swim on our own merits? And think about it, because we can at least find ourselves now with considerably more difficulty than we used to. If we allow the thread to float naturally that could make it more difficult. Or not. Don't know until we try.

I am discouraged that the posting from so many of our regulars has fallen off in the transition. I am becoming more comfortable with the new look but still feel irritated and frustrated that we have lost so much functionality that made the old software so easy and comfortable to use. But oh well. Even us old dogs can learn new tricks yes?

Don't have an opinion on "pinning" myself. My siggie has the threads "pinned" so it pops up whenever I post. Don't know if anyone ever actually uses that links but I do sometimes as a shortcut. :D

Had dinner with the families of two of the children. Brought over some presents for the grand children. When we left, bags and wrapping paper and truck and coloring books and a dolly were scattered every where. Ate well, had a good time, and we are very lucky in our blessings. Everyone have a good Tuesday, please.

It's a Monday in August and we still have yet to have a day in the 90's. It's an August during which we were required to fire up the lawn mower EVERY weekend rather than the usual August regimen of letting the heat burn out the lawn and wait until the balmier September to rejuvenate the grass. It's an August during which we have not had to drag out the hose to water the flowers every day as frequent rains take care of that task.

And now we're staring down the barrel at September. School starts tomorrow, the first high school football games start this Friday. And it's been cold and wet for the seasons ever since last October.

Tomatoes, usually omnipresent this time of year, still cling green to the vines. Corn has been good, but it came late this season too. By late August, kitchens are supposed to be messy with equipment to can the garden harvest. Boiling pots of water, an assembly line of jars, lids and rings should be splayed out on countertops. Mom's hairdo should have taken as much abuse from the heat and steam in the kitchen that it should look like a hair helmet by now. But all that has been postponed due to the abnormally cold summer weather.

Pop's birthday was September 21, the first day of Autumn, the sign of Virgo. He told me that it has been known to snow on his birthday. I have a feeling that, if it has ever happened, it has a better than average chance of happening this year.

Meanwhile, back at the Big House, Mom is enchanted by the landscaping I bought her for Christmas last year. She has four new red rose bushes that are festooned with blossoms, a lilac tree stretching six feet high with white blooms, a Japanese Maple that is beautiful in maroon foliage and a bed of black mulch to hide the weeds and dress everything up nicely. Tomorrow I have to pick her up at 8:00 for a colonoscopy and endoscopy. I certainly hope they use two different devices!

Mom is no stranger to these procedures. Seventeen years ago next month she fell suddenly ill and close to death as her ascending colon burst. She was rushed to surgery where the better part of her bowels were removed. She laid in intensive care for weeks, a hospital room for more than a month and finally discharged fitted with a colostomy bag just before Thanksgiving 1997. The next March, she went back to the surgical theater to have her bowels reconnected and that bag finally removed.

Her health has not been effected by all that abdominal work, but her back and now her voice are wearing out. Her singing career in community choirs is at an end as her voice is ripening into that of a sweet little old lady. But she's out and at 'em every day. At age 80, she is as spry as any of her classmates from the ELHS class of '51.

This year I think I might have watered about 3 times in total. This week is supposed to be up into the 90's but everything is soaked. We have had rain almost every single week this entire summer and the temperatures have been mild. The humidity has been almost non existent too. But there has been a notable dearth of flowers. :eek:

I can feel the ragweed season already since my allergies are kicking in. Hoping for an early frost to kill them off since I really don't like the sneezing and stuffiness.

It's a Monday in August and we still have yet to have a day in the 90's. It's an August during which we were required to fire up the lawn mower EVERY weekend rather than the usual August regimen of letting the heat burn out the lawn and wait until the balmier September to rejuvenate the grass. It's an August during which we have not had to drag out the hose to water the flowers every day as frequent rains take care of that task.

And now we're staring down the barrel at September. School starts tomorrow, the first high school football games start this Friday. And it's been cold and wet for the seasons ever since last October.

Tomatoes, usually omnipresent this time of year, still cling green to the vines. Corn has been good, but it came late this season too. By late August, kitchens are supposed to be messy with equipment to can the garden harvest. Boiling pots of water, an assembly line of jars, lids and rings should be splayed out on countertops. Mom's hairdo should have taken as much abuse from the heat and steam in the kitchen that it should look like a hair helmet by now. But all that has been postponed due to the abnormally cold summer weather.

Pop's birthday was September 21, the first day of Autumn, the sign of Virgo. He told me that it has been known to snow on his birthday. I have a feeling that, if it has ever happened, it has a better than average chance of happening this year.

Meanwhile, back at the Big House, Mom is enchanted by the landscaping I bought her for Christmas last year. She has four new red rose bushes that are festooned with blossoms, a lilac tree stretching six feet high with white blooms, a Japanese Maple that is beautiful in maroon foliage and a bed of black mulch to hide the weeds and dress everything up nicely. Tomorrow I have to pick her up at 8:00 for a colonoscopy and endoscopy. I certainly hope they use two different devices!

Mom is no stranger to these procedures. Seventeen years ago next month she fell suddenly ill and close to death as her ascending colon burst. She was rushed to surgery where the better part of her bowels were removed. She laid in intensive care for weeks, a hospital room for more than a month and finally discharged fitted with a colostomy bag just before Thanksgiving 1997. The next March, she went back to the surgical theater to have her bowels reconnected and that bag finally removed.

Her health has not been effected by all that abdominal work, but her back and now her voice are wearing out. Her singing career in community choirs is at an end as her voice is ripening into that of a sweet little old lady. But she's out and at 'em every day. At age 80, she is as spry as any of her classmates from the ELHS class of '51.

This year I think I might have watered about 3 times in total. This week is supposed to be up into the 90's but everything is soaked. We have had rain almost every single week this entire summer and the temperatures have been mild. The humidity has been almost non existent too. But there has been a notable dearth of flowers. :eek:

I can feel the ragweed season already since my allergies are kicking in. Hoping for an early frost to kill them off since I really don't like the sneezing and stuffiness.

Deri,.........argh.........I have watered every day and I'm so glad that September is around the corner and maybe cooler weather so I don't have to watch my poor little plants get so stressed out with 95 and above degree weather every single day. We might get some rain Wednesday, but I'm not counting on it, seems like every time we're supposed to get rain something always happens to chase it away!

Forum List

Back