USMB Coffee Shop IV

I just got word that my aunt - my mother's older sister and the last survivor of that generation - fell and broke a hip the other day and went into hospital. The surgery was successful and she's doing OK but it looks like she will celebrate her 95th birthday this week there in the hospital. My cousin (her daughter) is standing by with her.

My prayers go out for her to have a full recovery with no complications Pogo.

Tequila Tuesday :banana:

Margarita.jpg

I just got word that my aunt - my mother's older sister and the last survivor of that generation - fell and broke a hip the other day and went into hospital. The surgery was successful and she's doing OK but it looks like she will celebrate her 95th birthday this week there in the hospital. My cousin (her daughter) is standing by with her.

ditto, pogo.

ditto, pogo.

Thanks y'all. I just heard she slept very well, is in very good spirits and got up out of bed during the day.
She's feisty. Always has been. :)

QUESTION TO THE COFFEE SHOPPERS:
Back when we had to close the original Coffee Shop, C_K pinned the Coffee Shop so we would always be on top. But now with the new software, we are still pinned but are no longer bolded on the list like all the other threads and we appear before admin's instruction thread and as a result are pretty invisible. Would you be comfortable asking that we be unpinned and allowed to float and sink or swim on our own merits? And think about it, because we can at least find ourselves now with considerably more difficulty than we used to. If we allow the thread to float naturally that could make it more difficult. Or not. Don't know until we try.

I am discouraged that the posting from so many of our regulars has fallen off in the transition. I am becoming more comfortable with the new look but still feel irritated and frustrated that we have lost so much functionality that made the old software so easy and comfortable to use. But oh well. Even us old dogs can learn new tricks yes?

Apologies! My posting has fallen off because school started yesterday. There's always tons to do to get prepped for the semester. I may be scarce for a while yet, until I regain some equilibrium. I miss visiting the CS and promise to come back as often as my schedule allows. The new format has nothing to do with my failure to visit. Luvs ya guys...and gals. You're like "family".

And now I wished I had not come home between projects. Sigh. My heart is heavy.

Was just on the phone with a relative of mine. Both she and her husband came down with the symptoms of shingles - which is essentially the chicken-pox strain that is left in the body after a childhood bout with the disease and usually stays dormant. They are both in severe pain. More I do not know. In my family, all the kids in our immediately family came down with chicken-pox at the same time.

Chicken-pox in German is: Windpocken
And Shingles is: Gürtelrosen (Gürtel means belt or belt-line, Rosen means Roses)

I researched: there is a shingles vaccine that has been out for a while, recommended for people once they are 50. I may get it, just to be safe.

The second piece of bad news is something I did not share a number of weeks ago: one of my nephews suffered a heart attack in July, very rare for people that young, but he had a drug-related history. He's about 30 years old. The doctors were unsure how much damage was done. Now he's back in the hospital and it looks bad. If he survives, it will be a miracle.

My heart is very heavy. And with two pieces of bad news, I hope that the adage that "bad news comes in 3s" is just an adage.

So sorry, Stats. May your heavy heart find some relief.

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Sheila’s friend Shirley,
Spoonie, Ringel, and Sheila's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
BDBoop, her sis, and family,
Hombre,
Pix,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Sheila and son Andrew,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj and Nana,
Sheila's sore foot post surgery healing,
Complete healing for Mrs. Ringel and assurance for Ringel,
Wellness for BBD,
007's Mom,
Stat's aunt, nephew, and his loved ones with shingles,
Pogo's aunt,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Oddball, Sunshine, and Becki.

candle.gif

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Sorry to hear that, Pogo, but I am glad she is doing okay. You can have a celebration for her once she is released from hospital. I am sure she'd like that.

QUESTION TO THE COFFEE SHOPPERS:
Back when we had to close the original Coffee Shop, C_K pinned the Coffee Shop so we would always be on top. But now with the new software, we are still pinned but are no longer bolded on the list like all the other threads and we appear before admin's instruction thread and as a result are pretty invisible. Would you be comfortable asking that we be unpinned and allowed to float and sink or swim on our own merits? And think about it, because we can at least find ourselves now with considerably more difficulty than we used to. If we allow the thread to float naturally that could make it more difficult. Or not. Don't know until we try.

I am discouraged that the posting from so many of our regulars has fallen off in the transition. I am becoming more comfortable with the new look but still feel irritated and frustrated that we have lost so much functionality that made the old software so easy and comfortable to use. But oh well. Even us old dogs can learn new tricks yes?

Apologies! My posting has fallen off because school started yesterday. There's always tons to do to get prepped for the semester. I may be scarce for a while yet, until I regain some equilibrium. I miss visiting the CS and promise to come back as often as my schedule allows. The new format has nothing to do with my failure to visit. Luvs ya guys...and gals. You're like "family".

Aw Hon, I'm not complaining about anybody here. Most especially those who are just too busy elsewhere--real life takes precedence over a message board any day of the week. I just hope those who have left the board or who have scaled back because it just isn't as much fun or satisfying to be here will decide they miss us and will come back. But if not, I wish them well and hope to see them in other places now and then.

My comment is based strictly on a marketing consideration. If those who look for the Coffee Shop don't easily find us, they of course won't post much if at all. And newbies will also be unlikely to see us above the instruction threads and won't even be curious to check us out.

I'm just considering it from a marketing standpoint

Hmm. Paid my lovely Sensei a compliment last night. The proper thing to do when one receives a compliment is to respond. I did not get a response.
It would seem my dear friend might need a giant hug and some reassurance that she is highly respected and valued.

I shall save up my biggest hug for her on Thursday night, then.

Tomorrow I go to the dermatologist to see what this black mole is on my butt cheek. Prayers would be appreciated that it is just a black mole that magically appeared and likes my butt and that's all it is.

Tomorrow I go to the dermatologist to see what this black mole is on my butt cheek. Prayers would be appreciated that it is just a black mole that magically appeared and likes my butt and that's all it is.

Intergalactic computer sez:

"it is just a black mole that magically appeared and likes Gracie's butt"

Forum List

Back