USMB Coffee Shop IV

Back from the gym with esposa, pulled weights covered five miles walking and biking.

Everyone seems busy.

Shingles: if you are 50 or over, get the vaccination. Unless your doc says you are special. If under 50, ask doc.

Had a friend whose wife (c. 72 or 73), got in on her face and throat. Awful, simply awful. He got it, awful. They both died within six months. The last part of their life was absolutely miserable.

Talk to your doc about the vaccine.

I wasn't even aware there was a vaccine for this!

Autumn seems to be about ten days ahead of normal schedule.

That is fine with me.
Yes, here too. November, 2013 started a very unusual weather pattern that is still going strong. We had our usually one and only snow in November, instead of February, in which we had another one, then another. :eek:

Here in the east, same thing, same time period. An unusually cold winter after a couple of warm ones, followed by an uncharacteristically cool summer, and now it's already in the throes of feeling like fall. Good day all.

I love the term "Climate Change." Absolutely meaningless. Isn't the climate always changing?

I guess "Global Warming" stopped testing well in focus groups. :)

yodacofee.jpg

Temps in central New Mexico on the high desert have also been running a bit cooler than what we normally expect this time of year, but have run higher than usual in the mountainous areas??? Neither group minds that at all, but nobody is predicting what kind of winter we might have. That 70% chance for rain yesterday? We got a few sprinkles and that's it. Today is a lesser chance so we'll probably get a frog strangler.

Good morning all. Counting today, there are only five days left in August. School has started almost everywhere. And green chili roasting season is moving into high gear with that wonderful smell drifting in and out as we move around town. All grocery stores, farmers markets, and even several restaurants and supply stores have roasters going almost full time now.

20121008-nm-tex-0600.jpg

Good morning again. Walked down to Liberty Park and back, stopping by at the grocery. Little over three miles. Very cool and nice. 61 but temp will go to 70 or so. Depends on the jet stream and the moisture from the south and west. comiccon in SLC thurs through sat. Town is buzzing!

Does anybody know what happened to Ollie?
He just stopped posting on Aug. 14th without a good bye or explanation or if he is busy right now. That's not like him.
Is he OK?

Once again, what is a good download program for blocking ads, please.

I'm using ad block plus, it works well for me.

I agree - it's completely transparent. The only time I had an issue was when it started overworking and was blocking images that people posted as well.

So I got advice from that Ringel guy, edited the whitelist, and never had an issue again. Smooth as silk.

Ringel -- he's worth every penny we pay him. :eusa_shifty:

So. I went and bought 20 little mums for 48 cents each and repotted each in larger containers. I don't like gardening but I like saving money and flowers. To buy the larger ones locally will cost me $3.33 in a few weeks.

Please, cross your fingers I didn't just commit mumicide on a grand scale

Several of you know where to find Ollie: check there

Thanks for the advice on Ad Block plus

After an abnormally cool and damp summer with NO days reaching 90, we find ourselves in a bit of a heat wave. Still no 90 degree temps, but the dew point (a meteorological term I'm still baffled by) is 70, making it muggy and a bit oppressive.

We made out just fine, Mom and I, at the colonoscopy yesterday. The doctor spoke with me after the exam and explained that she had a wee polyp which he removed and a few spots of diverticulosis which does not present any threat to her health.

Then he said he would call for yet another colonoscopy in five years, but that would put Mom at age 85. He said it would not make that much difference at that age. I could not tell Mom that, but I did tell her that the doctor said another test in five years, but she would have to contact him for an appointment. She rolled her eyes in frustration, not being notified in a timely manner about her colonoscopy. She never calculated the time and effect, so at least she's happy.

Forum List

Back