Noomi’s Auntie Marj and Nana,
Sheila's sore foot post surgery healing,
Complete healing for Mrs. Ringel and assurance for Ringel,
007's Mom,
Stat's aunt, nephew, and his loved ones with shingles,
Pogo's aunt,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Oddball, Sunshine, and Becki.

candle.gif

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

I'm home! Doc said it was a Seborrheic Keratoses. She found a few others on me when she did a skin check. She offered to freeze it off and I said no thanks. So...all is well!

Yup that's what I get, runs in the Irish side of my family.

Freezing it off is actually kinda cool. I haven't had one of those in a long time. :)

I'm home! Doc said it was a Seborrheic Keratoses. She found a few others on me when she did a skin check. She offered to freeze it off and I said no thanks. So...all is well!

Freezing it off is actually kinda cool. I haven't had one of those in a long time. :)
Irish and German, me. So yeah..I guess it IS an Irish thang, lol.
No likey the freeze thing. They did that on my groin and under my bicep. Ouch. OUCH.

Irish and German, me. So yeah..I guess it IS an Irish thang, lol.
No likey the freeze thing. They did that on my groin and under my bicep. Ouch. OUCH.

The time I had it I didn't feel a thing. But it was a wart.
I had one removed off my back. I guess he cut it. A "skin tag" too.

Just dropped by to toss out a quick "hello". Been busy getting ready to leave on vacation which begins on the 2nd of September. I haven't completely fallen off the face of the earth but close. For a while I won't be posting as much as I have in the past.

Also wanted to let Foxy know that I've completed my treatment for Lyme Disease and am feeling just fine so she can take me off of the list now. Appreciate all the concern for everybody.

That looks and sounds quite a bit like our dog, which is a chihuahua/miniature pinscher mix.

I had a DNA test conducted on Taco and that's exactly what he is... i.e., a chihuahua/miniature pinscher mix.
Taco rocks! What a great heritage....:D

Good morning everybody. Good news for Gracie--I didn't even get her butt bump on the vigil list before it was declared okay. :) And yes, I knew Ollie was okay and was happy to take BBD off the vigil list and hope he will continue to check in now and then. And yay for the Ringels.....now if we can just find Mrs. R a good job closer to their new home we're all set there. That view is breathtaking.

I figure we may lose a few folks who have found this new platform more annoying than it is worth it to learn it, but l am so grateful that so many of you are at least stopping in for a howdy most days. I didn't want to lose you from my life. Last night I tried three times to post the vigil list and kept getting an error message every time I hit the button to post it. I was already frustrated and also tired and grumpy so said to hell with it and went to bed. And this morning the post is there, and only once?

Oh well. Today need to finish up a mountain of laundry and get to the grocery store. We're expecting a house guest late afternoon and need to be ready for that. Ya'll all have a great Thursday.

On this day in history, August 28, in

1609, Henry Hudson discovered Delaware Bay (We all probably had that on a history test at some time.)

1811 - Percy Bysshe Shelley and Harriet Westbrook eloped. (Only English lit majors and poetry afficionados will care.)

1907 - "American Messenger Company" was started by two teenagers, Jim Casey and Claude Ryan. The company's name was later changed to "United Parcel Service." (And even today it is almost certain somebody has a bright idea to make a few bucks that will turn into a mega corporation.)

1922 - The first radio commercial aired on WEAF in New York City. The Queensboro Realty Company bought 10 minutes of time for $100. (That sounds like a lot in 1922.)

1939 - The first successful flight of a jet-propelled airplane took place. The plane was a German Heinkel He 178 (It would be some time before jet planes began to replace the old fashioned prop planes though.)

1963, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. gave is "I Have a Dream" speech. (If only we had understood what he was saying instead of the mess we have made of it.)

1996 - A divorce decree was issued for Britain's Charles and Princess Diana. This was the official end to the 15-year marriage. (One of the world's most glamorous and fascinating weddings didn't have a happy ending.)

Forum List

Back