USMB Coffee Shop IV

Amazing. Had dinner last night around 7:30 at a Mexican restaurant here in Roswell that came highly recommended. The portions were huge and the food was great, I ate waaaaay too much. Still feel full after waking up though much of it might be the after affects of eating frijoles refritos........ :eusa_whistle:
Right now I feel like I won't need to eat for another week.......

Pogo, please remember you never find cat skeletons in trees. Halloween might be an exception. Otherwise, they always come down.

That's what everybody kept telling me the first three times. Each of those, he stayed up four days, through cold and rain with no food or water, until somebody finally plucked him out of there. That's why this is kind of a turning point.

They be easy pickin's for owls and hawks up in the trees too.

Exactly, and we've got lots of raptors here already. We had a hawk gliding overhead observing the situation when I was trying to coax him down.

Stop being a helicopter parent. :lol:

In your case it might end up being literal.

Amazing. Had dinner last night around 7:30 at a Mexican restaurant here in Roswell that came highly recommended. The portions were huge and the food was great, I ate waaaaay too much. Still feel full after waking up though much of it might be the after affects of eating frijoles refritos........ :eusa_whistle:

Read an article that farts can prevent cancer. You want to open a clinic?

Nothing political or religious about this so I thought I'd post it. I found it kinda interesting.

What's up with Michigan?

CBOX_BlattLanguage_2jpgCROP_original-original_zps5ea30838.jpg

Don't know what this was but it looked like it might have been interesting -- again, doesn't show up for me at all. Thanks to Mertex's tip about the BB editor thingy I was able to see the link, but even pasting that in a new tab only opens Photobucket with no image.

Is the URL really supposed to begin with "http://s796"? Is something being truncated? I don't get it. :dunno:

Apparently hydrogen sulfide aids in the health of mitochondria, which makes cells live longer.

Read an article that farts can prevent cancer. You want to open a clinic?
More refritos anyone?

And it's no secret that I too have recently taken a lot of time off, practically the entire summer, but I think the reasons I did were different. I won't go into the sordid details but, I did also have the same thoughts as you two. But I'll tell ya point blank, yes the CS was full of conservative friends when it started, and we'd get a liberal come in every once and awhile and troll the joint up with some nasty comments, and then it went back to just us. Now it seems that there are quite a few liberals that have decided to come in here and join in the chat and act normal. This is all fine and dandy with me. I'm certain that's what Foxy had in mind when she started it, a place where anyone could come and chat without the vile, caustic rudeness like the rest of the board. Well, I too know what SL means seeing what others say else where on the board and then seeing them in here. The way I feel about that is, if you don't like them out in other places on the board, then you don't have to like them in here. But for the sake of keeping the peace and playing by the rules in here, I just ignore them. It's easy enough to do.

Kinda interesting though why any liberal would want to come in here after all the years of running us down like they did.

So, enough is enough.

Excuse me, but not one damned word of the bolded from what you wrote is appropriate for the CS, it goes against the very idea of the CS! That was really, really, really crappy of you in every possible way, 007 . Shame on you.

Interesting that you speak about "Liberals" this way. This just confirms the sense among virtually every Liberal on this board that the CS is really for Conservatives, that "Liberals" are only tolerated when it is convienient. And now, based on what you wrote, it is abundantly clear to me that Liberals are really not welcome in the CS at all, this has all been just smoke and mirrors the entire time.

And just to let you know, what you say about the behavior of "Liberals" on this board is probably what most Liberals think of many "Conservatives" on this board. So much for us treating each other like human beings.

Your posting just broke every bit of trust that could have existed here in the CS. You just destroyed it.

Gee, thanks. I think USMB needs a reset. Your words prove my point.

To this end, an alternative to the Coffee Shop has been started by me:

THE CAPPUCINO CORRAL

The Cappucino Corral US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Derideo_Te
Mertex
bodecea
Luddly Neddite
Nyvin
Pogo
rightwinger
Seawytch
Wolfsister77
AceRothstein
C_Clayton_Jones
daws101
Flopper
guno
MarcATL
Nosmo King
kiwiman127
pepperpot
TheOldSchool
rdean
Mac1958
CrusaderFrank
Billy000
aaronleland
Lipush
mudwhistle
Delta4Embassy
JakeStarkey
Ringel05
Sherry

This is just a starting list, but ALL members of USMB are cordially invited to a thread that will actually do what the the lounge is supposed to be about: to treat everyone with the same dignity and respect.

Best to you all.

Stat

Stat, lighten up, please.

007 is an outlier whatever with the strangest ideas out on the Board. He will erupt in the CS now and then.

Who cares? He normally follows the rules here.

Leave it to Foxfyre to talk to him.

I don't want a CS for liberals, one for moderates, one for cons, or anything else.

We have enough disruptions by outliers from the left and right as it is.

And it's no secret that I too have recently taken a lot of time off, practically the entire summer, but I think the reasons I did were different. I won't go into the sordid details but, I did also have the same thoughts as you two. But I'll tell ya point blank, yes the CS was full of conservative friends when it started, and we'd get a liberal come in every once and awhile and troll the joint up with some nasty comments, and then it went back to just us. Now it seems that there are quite a few liberals that have decided to come in here and join in the chat and act normal. This is all fine and dandy with me. I'm certain that's what Foxy had in mind when she started it, a place where anyone could come and chat without the vile, caustic rudeness like the rest of the board. Well, I too know what SL means seeing what others say else where on the board and then seeing them in here. The way I feel about that is, if you don't like them out in other places on the board, then you don't have to like them in here. But for the sake of keeping the peace and playing by the rules in here, I just ignore them. It's easy enough to do.

Kinda interesting though why any liberal would want to come in here after all the years of running us down like they did.

So, enough is enough.

Excuse me, but not one damned word of the bolded from what you wrote is appropriate for the CS, it goes against the very idea of the CS! That was really, really, really crappy of you in every possible way, 007 . Shame on you.

Interesting that you speak about "Liberals" this way. This just confirms the sense among virtually every Liberal on this board that the CS is really for Conservatives, that "Liberals" are only tolerated when it is convienient. And now, based on what you wrote, it is abundantly clear to me that Liberals are really not welcome in the CS at all, this has all been just smoke and mirrors the entire time.

And just to let you know, what you say about the behavior of "Liberals" on this board is probably what most Liberals think of many "Conservatives" on this board. So much for us treating each other like human beings.

Your posting just broke every bit of trust that could have existed here in the CS. You just destroyed it.

Gee, thanks. I think USMB needs a reset. Your words prove my point.

To this end, an alternative to the Coffee Shop has been started by me:

THE CAPPUCINO CORRAL

The Cappucino Corral US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Derideo_Te
Mertex
bodecea
Luddly Neddite
Nyvin
Pogo
rightwinger
Seawytch
Wolfsister77
AceRothstein
C_Clayton_Jones
daws101
Flopper
guno
MarcATL
Nosmo King
kiwiman127
pepperpot
TheOldSchool
rdean
Mac1958
CrusaderFrank
Billy000
aaronleland
Lipush
mudwhistle
Delta4Embassy
JakeStarkey
Ringel05
Sherry

This is just a starting list, but ALL members of USMB are cordially invited to a thread that will actually do what the the lounge is supposed to be about: to treat everyone with the same dignity and respect.

Best to you all.

Stat
I understand your current emotional state due to the loss of a beloved pet but don't you think your response is extreme? 007 is pretty far right and doesn't speak for the majority of us here and no, the CS wasn't ever a conservative only thread, it's always been open to anyone who will respect the rules.

Hand sanitizer is a gateway drug to OCD

^^^

I don't always read sigs, this is so Mrs. Liberty.
I'm actually mildly OCD, I'm aware of it so I can easily control it without medication. Besides the overuse of anti bacterial and anti viral products can have a detrimental effect resulting in the opposite of what the user is trying to achieve.

Okay, gotta start packing up, do a little more running around Roswell for an hour or two before driving home. Talk to ya'll later.

Stat....your complaint could have been addressed to Foxfyre or 007. You are making this as partisan as anyone here. It is destructive and unnecessary imho.

Forum List

Back