USMB Coffee Shop IV

This is really neat, and it only happens this time of year.

The setting sun streams into the west-facing back porch window (streak on the floor), while at the same the sun reflects off the windows of the homes across the street and back into our east-facing front porch
window.

Can't see the image, H. It seems to be from your Gmail account?

I deleted it. I'm discouraged by some of the backbiting in here recently, so I'm not going to give people a chance to target me.
Pretty sure the backbiting is a result of personal tension/stress some members are experiencing, there are some raw nerves most likely due to what's currently happening in their lives. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Yes, yesterday was just a bad vibes day for some I think with some real anger, hurt feelings, and honest opinion expressed. I suspect every one of us gets that way sometimes. And blessedly the storm blew over and we are able to love and empathize with those who need it, laugh with those who need it, hope with those who need it, joke with those who enjoy it, listen to those who have stuff to share, learn and ponder and wonder with those who are figuring stuff out. And everybody seems to have put the sand on everything else. Hey we're family. What can I say? :)

Tell it to ADMIN. I got called paranoid and delusional.

Good afternoon all! I slept in til noon and woke up to a stunning day. 72 here under a deep blue sky with a slight breeze

I had moved the hummingbird feeder to the gazebo where jellowjackets found it and have been swarming it constantly for several days. It appears that they have futzed with the nipple on the end and opened it up to the point where the sugarwater dripped out quickly. Of course, the dripping water was hitting the railing below and that brought more bees. The dripping has stopped and there's only a half dozen bees left chewing on my deck.
I do need to build an arm to get any drips out over the lawn.

This is really neat, and it only happens this time of year.

The setting sun streams into the west-facing back porch window (streak on the floor), while at the same the sun reflects off the windows of the homes across the street and back into our east-facing front porch
window.

Can't see the image, H. It seems to be from your Gmail account?

I couldn't see it either. And I want to.

Morning Peach.

Does Duff beer go with cookies?

Me personally I don't think cookies or any sweets goes with any beer. YUK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Peach I am not sure beer goes with beer.

Where did I say that?

I think I said that Peach. I'll check with myself and get back to me on that soon.

:lmao:

Well of course you did.
I still don't get how beer going with beer has anything to do with beer going with sweets or how beer had anything to do with my picture of coffee and cookies.:laugh:

Explaining jokes sort of sucks all the funny out of it, but sure, for you the moon. It is a Homer Simpson mug with a cookie slot under the cup right? Homer liked a beer named Duff, if memory serves. Hence Duff beer and cookies.

Then you said cookies and beer didn't sound tasty. I agreed and went further to suggest I wasn't sure beer went with beer. If you're going to be my straightman, you have to play along better. ;)

Me personally I don't think cookies or any sweets goes with any beer. YUK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Where did I say that?

I think I said that Peach. I'll check with myself and get back to me on that soon.

Well of course you did.
I still don't get how beer going with beer has anything to do with beer going with sweets or how beer had anything to do with my picture of coffee and cookies.:laugh:

Explaining jokes sort of sucks all the funny out of it, but sure, for you the moon. It is a Homer Simpson mug with a cookie slot under the cup right? Homer liked a beer named Duff, if memory serves. Hence Duff beer and cookies.

Then you said cookies and beer didn't sound tasty. I agreed and went further to suggest I wasn't sure beer went with beer. If you're going to be my straightman, you have to play along better. ;)

I agree a good joke shouldn't have to be explained. But I, the absolute epitome of fun and wisdom and all (cough), don't always get jokes. I get on some threads in which everybody seems to be having a great time and 'getting it' and it is absolutely mystifying to me and I don't get it at all. They might as well be speaking some obscure foreign language. And sometimes somebody tells a joke and I'm not getting it, so I finally admit it and ask......and when it is explained the light comes on and I whack my forehead and go 'duh.....'

And sometimes I don't get it even when it is explained.

And sometimes I get the humor when nobody else seems to.

I am guessing most of us are like that sometimes. (I hope anyway.)

Where did I say that?

Well of course you did.

Ummmmmmm................
I thought I was being the straightman errrr... woman. oops :) see it din't do well when you can't read eyes or faces or hear the voices. :biggrin:

You are not alone Foxfyre.

On the comedy thingy...

...maybe Hombre is home, I don't know...

stay out of the shower just in case.

:eek:

Where did I say that?

Well of course you did.

I agree a good joke shouldn't have to be explained. But I, the absolute epitome of fun and wisdom and all (cough), don't always get jokes. I get on some threads in which everybody seems to be having a great time and 'getting it' and it is absolutely mystifying to me and I don't get it at all. They might as well be speaking some obscure foreign language. And sometimes somebody tells a joke and I'm not getting it, so I finally admit it and ask......and when it is explained the light comes on and I whack my forehead and go 'duh.....'

And sometimes I don't get it even when it is explained.

And sometimes I get the humor when nobody else seems to.

I am guessing most of us are like that sometimes. (I hope anyway.)
No. Never. Everyone else always gets it. :D

I frequently "get it" but don't find it funny in the least and sometimes, what I find funny, few others even notice.

I deleted it. I'm discouraged by some of the backbiting in here recently, so I'm not going to give people a chance to target me.
Pretty sure the backbiting is a result of personal tension/stress some members are experiencing, there are some raw nerves most likely due to what's currently happening in their lives. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Yes, yesterday was just a bad vibes day for some I think with some real anger, hurt feelings, and honest opinion expressed. I suspect every one of us gets that way sometimes. And blessedly the storm blew over and we are able to love and empathize with those who need it, laugh with those who need it, hope with those who need it, joke with those who enjoy it, listen to those who have stuff to share, learn and ponder and wonder with those who are figuring stuff out. And everybody seems to have put the sand on everything else. Hey we're family. What can I say? :)

Tell it to ADMIN. I got called paranoid and delusional.

Good afternoon all! I slept in til noon and woke up to a stunning day. 72 here under a deep blue sky with a slight breeze

I had moved the hummingbird feeder to the gazebo where jellowjackets found it and have been swarming it constantly for several days. It appears that they have futzed with the nipple on the end and opened it up to the point where the sugarwater dripped out quickly. Of course, the dripping water was hitting the railing below and that brought more bees. The dripping has stopped and there's only a half dozen bees left chewing on my deck.
I do need to build an arm to get any drips out over the lawn.

First thing, move the feeder. Yellowjackets aren't too smart and the hummers will find it before the YJs do. Second, if it's got any yellow color on it, scrape it off. All yellow does is attract yellowjackets in the field and humans in the store. Doesn't do a thing for hummers.

Growing up my brothers called me FML...five minute later...because I was always slow to get jokes. Now FML means something altogether different. I don't use that nick anymore :)

Hear the voices?

:badgrin:
oooooooooo hear the voices :ack-1:
After all it is Halloween :biggrin:
I meant that we can not hear each other talk. Listening to how someone say's something, you get the jokes better or anything else being said than just our typing, without reading faces or eyes or peoples voices we can all misunderstand things. Just like Foxfyre said.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back