USMB Coffee Shop IV

Stat, lighten up, please.

007 is an outlier whatever with the strangest ideas out on the Board. He will erupt in the CS now and then.

Who cares? He normally follows the rules here.

Leave it to Foxfyre to talk to him.

I don't want a CS for liberals, one for moderates, one for cons, or anything else.

We have enough disruptions by outliers from the left and right as it is.

Thank you Jake. Well said. :)

Do you really think all the support we have given you was fake Stat?

Now you are willing to repay the kindness and friendship by attacking?

Is this cause for some rethinking on my part too. Was yours genuine? I tend to think it is real.

Morning Everybody !

Thursday's Smiles

I-need-this1.jpg

Johnny-Bravo.jpg

The Dude has been watching too much of the cartoon network ! :omg::rofl:

Stat....you recently got a huge outpouring of support which I believe was very genuine.

Then you get angry over the comments from one poster that were not directed at you....you simply do not like his politics.

In response...you not only wish to take your ball and go home....but punish the very people who gave you support by starting a rival thread which obviously serves to undermine the CS...which I assume is your intention.

We have been friends (I hope we still are) but this does not reflect well on you. Not at all.

I Okay people. . . . listen up. . . .

stock-photo-stern-principal-holding-ruler-1270878.jpg

We do not have the advantage of eye contact, voice inflections or tone, or body language here, so it is really REALLY easy to misunderstand people in this format. And a great many of us are dealing will various illnesses, excess stress, depression, and other issues and frustrations that can make us more irritable and reactive than we otherwise might be. It is so easy to hear something that was never intended.

I would like everybody to memorize this phrase:

JUST BECAUSE I THINK/FEEL IT DOES NOT MEAN I SHOULD ALWAYS SAY IT

Did somebody say something that hit you wrong? Please take a deep breath and give the person the benefit of the doubt that he or she did not mean it the way it came across. 007 was not knocking all more left leaning peeps in the Coffee Shop, but only those who come in to intentionally disrupt. And some have done that. Probably some who are right leaners too but those were not identified as such so weren't so obvious. But nevertheless, if you put a comment into its correct context, it isn't so offensive. Stat and others were not knocking the Coffee Shoppers but only expressing their personal experience. Save feels what he feels and we can accept that and move on together.

Some of us have had unpleasant altercations with Coffee Shoppers out on the political threads because we do disagree in matters of religion and politics and some socioeconomic issues. We have resented some people and hated their demeanor and their point of view out there. And yes, it IS hard to set those unpleasantries aside in the Coffee Shop, but grown ups can do that.

I have certainly had to give myself an attitude adjustment and Dutch uncle lecture now and then when some of our Coffee Shoppers have not only disrespected me out there, but have been downright hateful and have even neg repped me. I was white knuckle furious when one Coffee Shopper neg repped another, in the Coffee Shop!!! But the very very few I cannot yet forgive and forget, I just scroll over their posts and do not bring that from out there in here. I know a few of you have some people on ignore even in the Coffee Shop. And that's okay too. Everybody isn't going to love everybody.

So I do understand. I just want us to set aside those angers and animosities in here. Everybody has something about them to love. Let's look for that and continue to care and encourage and understand and build each other up. Our differences out there pale in importance to what we have in the Coffee Shop. In here, all of us regardless of our differences in religion, politics, or personal ideologies can find common ground if we are willing to look for it.

I really do love you guys, even those I have been most angry with. I don't want to lose what we have here.

As a clarification, I was admiting having troubles with the demeanor in here versus out on the board and how extremely different that can be. It doesn't mean I act on those feelings or thoughts in the CS. Indeed, it probably just means I post less in here for a while.

I can say I have not made a fake thank you, agree or informative in here ever. Further, if I said I symphathized with you, that is exactly what I was doing. I also understand that if I as a conservative have felt this way in here, I expect that liberals may have had the same feelings. I think it is relatable from each side?

Checking in from beautiful downtown Roswell, NM........ Got here in a short 4 1/2 hours and was able to check into the hotel early. Grabbed some Jimmy Johns for lunch and we're now relaxing waiting to get ready for the interview this afternoon.

Let us know how it goes/went.
Okay, panel interview, two other applicants, both already in the system with specific knowledge of the job....... Getting the feeling the wife was interviewed to fulfill the legal requirements of interviewing x number of people for a specific job.
Now that doesn't mean she couldn't be considered for another position elsewhere in the state. We'll see.
BTW, that drive between Vaughn and Roswell is loooong........ even if it's only a little more than an hour....... :lol:

Having some personal experience and citing up close and personal experience of close family members, it is almost impossible to land one of the higher paying, higher level state or federal jobs unless you know somebody, and then that somebody has to have some clout . When we first moved to New Mexico we were assured by my BIL, a high level appointee under the immediate former governor, that the New Mexico government would hire according to merit. Merit would be determined by 1/3 experience and 2/3 scores on a proficiency exam. Hombre brought as much or more experience to the job as any other candidate applying for the position and he aced the exam--100% No other candidate scored higher than 90%. He never got a call.

We were subsequently advised by friends in high places that had my BIL still been in his position, Hombre would have been a shoe in. But without that connection. . . . .and that is true in essentially every state government and the federal government no matter who is in power. It isn't fair. But it is the way it is. Only way to get there other than via nepotism or cronyism is to go in at low level and gradually work your way up and even then there is a glass ceiling for those without connections. At least you can have some chances to establish some connections while working your way up.

But that road between Roswell and Vaughn is close to 100 miles with absolutely nothing in between. If you did it in a little over one hour, I bet there are cops out there still looking for you. :)
There's places in NV where you just set your cruise at 90 mph and forget about it. Ain't nobody out there who cares. You go any slower than that and you will get passed.

Wasn't Nevada the state without any official speed limit for awhile? Maybe still is?

Morning Peach.

Does Duff beer go with cookies?

Me personally I don't think cookies or any sweets goes with any beer. YUK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Peach I am not sure beer goes with beer.

Where did I say that?

I think I said that Peach. I'll check with myself and get back to me on that soon.

:lmao:

Well of course you did.
I still don't get how beer going with beer has anything to do with beer going with sweets or how beer had anything to do with my picture of coffee and cookies.:laugh:

Checking in from beautiful downtown Roswell, NM........ Got here in a short 4 1/2 hours and was able to check into the hotel early. Grabbed some Jimmy Johns for lunch and we're now relaxing waiting to get ready for the interview this afternoon.

Let us know how it goes/went.
Okay, panel interview, two other applicants, both already in the system with specific knowledge of the job....... Getting the feeling the wife was interviewed to fulfill the legal requirements of interviewing x number of people for a specific job.
Now that doesn't mean she couldn't be considered for another position elsewhere in the state. We'll see.
BTW, that drive between Vaughn and Roswell is loooong........ even if it's only a little more than an hour....... :lol:

Having some personal experience and citing up close and personal experience of close family members, it is almost impossible to land one of the higher paying, higher level state or federal jobs unless you know somebody, and then that somebody has to have some clout . When we first moved to New Mexico we were assured by my BIL, a high level appointee under the immediate former governor, that the New Mexico government would hire according to merit. Merit would be determined by 1/3 experience and 2/3 scores on a proficiency exam. Hombre brought as much or more experience to the job as any other candidate applying for the position and he aced the exam--100% No other candidate scored higher than 90%. He never got a call.

We were subsequently advised by friends in high places that had my BIL still been in his position, Hombre would have been a shoe in. But without that connection. . . . .and that is true in essentially every state government and the federal government no matter who is in power. It isn't fair. But it is the way it is. Only way to get there other than via nepotism or cronyism is to go in at low level and gradually work your way up and even then there is a glass ceiling for those without connections. At least you can have some chances to establish some connections while working your way up.

But that road between Roswell and Vaughn is close to 100 miles with absolutely nothing in between. If you did it in a little over one hour, I bet there are cops out there still looking for you. :)
There's places in NV where you just set your cruise at 90 mph and forget about it. Ain't nobody out there who cares. You go any slower than that and you will get passed.

Wasn't Nevada the state without any official speed limit for awhile? Maybe still is?

Yup. on our honeymoon trip we drove across it at 115mph.

Forum List

Back