USMB Coffee Shop IV

I don't know why.....but this really made me laugh. :D

funny-gif-wave-fail.gif

Can't see the image WQ :( And I want to.

I deleted it. I'm discouraged by some of the backbiting in here recently, so I'm not going to give people a chance to target me.
Pretty sure the backbiting is a result of personal tension/stress some members are experiencing, there are some raw nerves most likely due to what's currently happening in their lives. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Yes, yesterday was just a bad vibes day for some I think with some real anger, hurt feelings, and honest opinion expressed. I suspect every one of us gets that way sometimes. And blessedly the storm blew over and we are able to love and empathize with those who need it, laugh with those who need it, hope with those who need it, joke with those who enjoy it, listen to those who have stuff to share, learn and ponder and wonder with those who are figuring stuff out. And everybody seems to have put the sand on everything else. Hey we're family. What can I say? :)

Tell it to ADMIN. I got called paranoid and delusional.

Good afternoon all! I slept in til noon and woke up to a stunning day. 72 here under a deep blue sky with a slight breeze

I had moved the hummingbird feeder to the gazebo where jellowjackets found it and have been swarming it constantly for several days. It appears that they have futzed with the nipple on the end and opened it up to the point where the sugarwater dripped out quickly. Of course, the dripping water was hitting the railing below and that brought more bees. The dripping has stopped and there's only a half dozen bees left chewing on my deck.
I do need to build an arm to get any drips out over the lawn.

First thing, move the feeder. Yellowjackets aren't too smart and the hummers will find it before the YJs do. Second, if it's got any yellow color on it, scrape it off. All yellow does is attract yellowjackets in the field and humans in the store. Doesn't do a thing for hummers.
No yellow on it and I will move it. The biggest problem is the fluid dripping onto the wooden rail. The yellowjackets flock to that and eventually find the source. If I get the hanging point out far enough that the occasional drip lands on the lawn 12 feet below, I should be good to go.

AND I won't have to sit out here with my epi pen.

Checking in from beautiful downtown Roswell, NM........ Got here in a short 4 1/2 hours and was able to check into the hotel early. Grabbed some Jimmy Johns for lunch and we're now relaxing waiting to get ready for the interview this afternoon.

Let us know how it goes/went.
Okay, panel interview, two other applicants, both already in the system with specific knowledge of the job....... Getting the feeling the wife was interviewed to fulfill the legal requirements of interviewing x number of people for a specific job.
Now that doesn't mean she couldn't be considered for another position elsewhere in the state. We'll see.
BTW, that drive between Vaughn and Roswell is loooong........ even if it's only a little more than an hour....... :lol:

I once had to drive from Roswell to Dallas and I think I took hwy 310? Something like that anyway, and I saw more deer than cars on the drive. A LOT more. Like orders of magnitude more! What was funny was on the map there would be a town shown and as we came up to the town on the road we would make a bet as to whether there would be a light on in it!

I wonder if it's still as empty today?

Checking in from beautiful downtown Roswell, NM........ Got here in a short 4 1/2 hours and was able to check into the hotel early. Grabbed some Jimmy Johns for lunch and we're now relaxing waiting to get ready for the interview this afternoon.

There used to be a Schlotskeys deli there too. Good food!

Okay, panel interview, two other applicants, both already in the system with specific knowledge of the job....... Getting the feeling the wife was interviewed to fulfill the legal requirements of interviewing x number of people for a specific job.
Now that doesn't mean she couldn't be considered for another position elsewhere in the state. We'll see.
BTW, that drive between Vaughn and Roswell is loooong........ even if it's only a little more than an hour....... :lol:

I once had to drive from Roswell to Dallas and I think I took hwy 310? Something like that anyway, and I saw more deer than cars on the drive. A LOT more. Like orders of magnitude more! What was funny was on the map there would be a town shown and as we came up to the town on the road we would make a bet as to whether there would be a light on in it!

Pretty much. Though I would think you would have seen a lot more pronghorn antelope than deer driving any direction out of Roswell. There used to be two remote gas stations between Roswell and Vaughn but both of those places are now closed down and boarded up. There is absolutely nothing out there. Shorter distance between Roswell and Artesia going south but still pretty empty. Long lonely drive east from Roswell to Portales. More interesting drive going west into the Sacramento Mountains.

Pretty much. Though I would think you would have seen a lot more pronghorn antelope than deer driving any direction out of Roswell. There used to be two remote gas stations between Roswell and Vaughn but both of those places are now closed down and boarded up. There is absolutely nothing out there. Shorter distance between Roswell and Artesia going south but still pretty empty. Long lonely drive east from Roswell to Portales. More interesting drive going west into the Sacramento Mountains.

You are probably correct, it was dark so they were silhouetted. Hence the generic "deer". Which highway is that BTW? I just remember it was long, boring and devoid of humans.

I can't see it either. The good news, I'm NOT delusional. Bad news, I might be paranoid. Thanks tons.

You are probably correct, it was dark so they were silhouetted. Hence the generic "deer". Which highway is that BTW? I just remember it was long, boring and devoid of humans.

Chances are you would be on Highway 380 that goes pretty well directly east out of Roswell--straight shot with nothing in between 70+ miles to the tiny town of Tatum--flat, flat treeless country there--and then soon into Texas where you would have several choices of how to proceed on east to Dallas. Highway 70 goes northeast out of Roswell through similar terrain to Portales--better road but less direct route to get to Dallas so I'm guessing it was 380.

Kinda interesting though why any liberal would want to come in here after all the years of running us down like they did.
Because it is part of USMB, and members can post wherever they want?

I think most liberals have similar feelings, why would any conservative feel like they own a specific thread and it's there just for them? And, in my experience here, it has always been the conservatives that post political stuff that is against the rules in this forum.

I have a lot of Republican friends in RL, and we get along just fine as long as we don't discuss politics. I would think it would be the same here in this non-partisan thread, but some seem to be having a difficult time with it.

Kinda interesting though why any liberal would want to come in here after all the years of running us down like they did.
Because it is part of USMB, and members can post wherever they want?

I think most liberals have similar feelings, why would any conservative feel like they own a specific thread and it's there just for them? And, in my experience here, it has always been the conservatives that post political stuff that is against the rules in this forum.

I have a lot of Republican friends in RL, and we get along just fine as long as we don't discuss politics. I would think it would be the same here in this non-partisan thread, but some seem to be having a difficult time with it.

Agreed. My family members range from far left to far right...and we have "politics free" gatherings in order to keep the peace.

Forum List

Back