USMB Coffee Shop IV

Good morning everyone! I've got a busy day ahead filled with chores and other household duties. We leave tomorrow for the cabin and there is much to procure. I hope everyone has a wonderful day! Cheers!

Morning, M. Keep warm up there!

Morning! I went for a run this morning and it was bitter. I hope to see a flurry or two this weekend. I always get excited for the first snow.

We had a few inches on Monday. It's cold now too. In the 20's. Winter has arrived. Had to happen sooner or later.

It was 70 here yesterday and now it is in the mid-30's. Quite a dramatic shift, I had to bring in the last of the outdoor plants. My home resembles a green house for the next several months. lol.

You too? We aren't going to have the deep freeze you folks further east are having--it will stay east of the mountains for us--but our enclosed back porch resembles something like a rain forest.

So...if we are the same people you enjoyed conversing with over the last several years...

...AND we are trying very hard to follow our rules...

...AND addressing the problem posters...

What else are we suppose to do?

If you enjoy hurting my feelings by leaving, you're doing a good job. Not sure how it benefits you in any way though.

Personally, I am sorry I said I would take my ball and go home. What you said above is spot on. I will not let the assholes win. Foxy has created a cool place here. Most can behave...a few cannot. But I will not take my ball and go home. I apologize.

And yes....I know this is very inappropriate.....and no offense to anyone....but it seems to fit.

1367075423Shit-Bad-Luck-Funny-demotivational-poster-american-cheer-girl-leaked-xxx-fucking-humor1.jpg

We have about an inch of snow right now but it's cold!! Opened the door for the cats, they ran to the door and stopped short....... both looked at me like, "make it go away!" :lol:
I did sweep the driveway, easier with a couple of inches of powdery snow than trying to shovel it. I'll check it again in a couple of hours to see if I need to do it again.

Had a really tasty Mexican dish with rice for lunch. It came in a microwavable container. Since I sort of have to stay at work all day it was good to have a quick nice meal avalable. Apparently my taste buds and tummy are having a difference of opinion on whether I should have one of these in the future. Gurggle, gurggle.

We have about an inch of snow right now but it's cold!! Opened the door for the cats, they ran to the door and stopped short....... both looked at me like, "make it go away!" :lol:
I did sweep the driveway, easier with a couple of inches of powdery snow than trying to shovel it. I'll check it again in a couple of hours to see if I need to do it again.

That's one thing you Colorado people and we enjoy is that most of our snow is of the very light, dry, powdery stuff that is easy and light to shovel or sweep and that melts very quickly off the roads once the sun comes out.

So...if we are the same people you enjoyed conversing with over the last several years...

...AND we are trying very hard to follow our rules...

...AND addressing the problem posters...

What else are we suppose to do?

If you enjoy hurting my feelings by leaving, you're doing a good job. Not sure how it benefits you in any way though.

Personally, I am sorry I said I would take my ball and go home. What you said above is spot on. I will not let the assholes win. Foxy has created a cool place here. Most can behave...a few cannot. But I will not take my ball and go home. I apologize.

And yes....I know this is very inappropriate.....and no offense to anyone....but it seems to fit.

1367075423Shit-Bad-Luck-Funny-demotivational-poster-american-cheer-girl-leaked-xxx-fucking-humor1.jpg

Love ya WQ.

And that's the kind of post I cough and go 'ahem' about and translate into Latin so it looks more noble.....

(And am giggling and showing to Hombre here in private.)

We get so little snowfall here (W Georgia) that I'll be happy with any we get. The little one only has so many years where snow will be the innocent, glorious fun it can be when you're little and don't have to worry about the negative consequences of snow, but can have fun playing in it! :D

Speaking of puppies. Tubby recently transitioned from an outdoor dog to an indoor member of the family. As you can see, he's adapting quite well. lol

View attachment 34004

Lab mix? Yes, he looks right at home. While I love many people who have outside dogs, I have never understood the concept of an outside dog except for working dogs like sheep herders or sled dogs or junk yard guard dogs. If I'm going to the expense and trouble of having a dog, that dog is going to be family and be in the house where family hangs out.

We get so little snowfall here (W Georgia) that I'll be happy with any we get. The little one only has so many years where snow will be the innocent, glorious fun it can be when you're little and don't have to worry about the negative consequences of snow, but can have fun playing in it! :D

Yes. Little children do love the snow so. But ya'll in Georgia are having more winter than we are so far. It really isn't supposed to be that way.

Hey! We just landed a spacecraft on a comet.

Oh I meant to mention that this morning. I saw it on the early news. I'm not sure but I think the newscast said our spaceship land on the comet that was traveling at more than 80,000 mph. Because of the distance the transmissions have to travel, it was a full 30 minutes before they knew they had had success. A remarkable feat.

Speaking of puppies. Tubby recently transitioned from an outdoor dog to an indoor member of the family. As you can see, he's adapting quite well. lol

View attachment 34004

Lab mix? Yes, he looks right at home. While I love many people who have outside dogs, I have never understood the concept of an outside dog except for working dogs like sheep herders or sled dogs or junk yard guard dogs. If I'm going to the expense and trouble of having a dog, that dog is going to be family and be in the house where family hangs out.

Lab/New Foundland from what I was told, but can't be certain. You are correct about the uses of an outdoor dog. We live on a farm. He sucks at his outdoor duties so I fired him. Gonna go ahead and get a blue merle next chance I get.

View attachment 34004

Lab/New Foundland from what I was told, but can't be certain. You are correct about the uses of an outdoor dog. We live on a farm. He sucks at his outdoor duties so I fired him. Gonna go ahead and get a blue merle next chance I get.

Daughter acquired a Beagle/Coon Hound mix a few months ago and they visited here recently. Nellie was a rescue dog and chose daughter. Positively gorgeous coat and markings--wonderful dog but definitely needs room to run. She lived in a 10th floor apartment in DC but has a house with a big yard in California now. And she still takes Nellie to the dog park where she can run full blast until she is tired. And we were advised a few days ago that daughter acquired a second rescue dog--a Beagle/Pug mix if you can imagine--so Nellie would have a playmate when daughter is working.

In case anybody wonders what a Beagle/Pug mix would look like:

10418996_10152549374133227_57031924125071915_n.jpg

And with her new sister, the Beagle/Coon Hound mix:

10520844_10152548934538227_4454080183506468815_n.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: Ava

Forum List

Back