USMB Coffee Shop IV

I am ready for spring.
Here ya go.

metal-spring-15234681.jpg

You can thank me later....... :D

Come on Ringel, just give Jake a custom calendar with January through March removed.
What's funny is that I lived in San Diego County on the beach as a youngster and have no desire to live there again. I love Salt Lake City.

Salt Lake is a beautiful city, Jake. The Wasatch Range to the east of Downtown is amazing. I image a lot of folks take the short drive up the mountains in summer time and hang out in Park City.

I love the whole area.

I have visited Salt Lake City a couple of times and it is an absolutely beautiful city. But most of my visits have been in the middle of the night or wee hours of the morning at the airport. And it seemed that if there was going to be any kind of delay or snafu in transferring from one flight to another, it was going to be there. They even broke our airplane one night and we were there six hours waiting for them to get us another one. But other than that, no criticisms. :)

Cooking up some cabbage, sweet peppers and onions with garlic, salt and pepper. As it cooks down I'll add a splash of red wine.
The wife hates cabbage...... IT'S MINE!!!! ALL MINE!!!!
:D

Cooking up some cabbage, sweet peppers and onions with garlic, salt and pepper. As it cooks down I'll add a splash of red wine.

How can somebody hate cabbage? I've never understood that since it is such a healthful, versatile, and delicious veggie, cooked or raw. But I have family members who won't touch it. So the bierochs are all mine too. :)

How can somebody hate cabbage? I've never understood that since it is such a healthful, versatile, and delicious veggie, cooked or raw. But I have family members who won't touch it. So the bierochs are all mine too. :)
Heck she hates beans (pinto, etc) and peas (texture issue) and hot dogs, and any sausage for that matter. :dunno:

Heck she hates beans (pinto, etc) and peas (texture issue) and hot dogs, and any sausage for that matter. :dunno:

I love all of those things. :)

I love all of those things. :)
Yeah, me too.

Well you need to think twice about moving to New Mexico. You're talking major staples and foods it is hard to avoid here. The pinto bean is one of New Mexico's two state vegetables you know. (The other is the chili pepper.)

But I can appreciate food prejudices. I won't eat lima or butter beans--texture and taste issues. And I dislike boiled okra so most gumbo kinds of recipes are lost on me. Loved breaded and fried or pickled okra though. I do prefer a good hot dog every time over a hamburger.

Well you need to think twice about moving to New Mexico. You're talking major staples and foods it is hard to avoid here. The pinto bean is one of New Mexico's two state vegetables you know. (The other is the chili pepper.)

But I can appreciate food prejudices. I won't eat lima or butter beans--texture and taste issues. And I dislike boiled okra so most gumbo kinds of recipes are lost on me. Loved breaded and fried or pickled okra though. I do prefer a good hot dog every time over a hamburger.
Before she met me Chinese to her was Chow Mein or Chop Suey, it was all she had ever had and hated both. She had also never had spicy food and for the longest time wouldn't touch it but she'll now eat mildly spiced food as long as there's no cumin in it....... Cumin, the primary spice used in Tex-Mex and Mexican........

Before she met me Chinese to her was Chow Mein or Chop Suey, it was all she had ever had and hated both. She had also never had spicy food and for the longest time wouldn't touch it but she'll now eat mildly spiced food as long as there's no cumin in it....... Cumin, the primary spice used in Tex-Mex and Mexican........

Cumin. I wonder if that is the culprit? I never use it when I prepare Mexican food at home and I tolerate my own cuisine very well. But the last couple of years, whenever I had eaten Mexican food at a restaurant, I have wound up sick as a dog. And I haven't been able to identify what ingredient I'm not tolerating. I wonder if it is the cumin?

Cumin. I wonder if that is the culprit? I never use it when I prepare Mexican food at home and I tolerate my own cuisine very well. But the last couple of years, whenever I had eaten Mexican food at a restaurant, I have wound up sick as a dog. And I haven't been able to identify what ingredient I'm not tolerating. I wonder if it is the cumin?
It's cumin, you're probably one of the very few people that have an allergy to it. You can use ground coriander as a substitute.

It's cumin, you're probably one of the very few people that have an allergy to it. You can use ground coriander as a substitute.

I don't use coriander either. My seasonings are salt, pepper, green or red fresh or dried or ground chili, onion, and sometimes some other basic herbs or spices.

Cumin is in a LOT of good things, so hope not! :) It's in taco seasonings! Imagine no tacos! :eek-52: Barbecue sauces . . .

Whenever I eat something with a lot of vinegar in it, my face gets kind of sweaty and hot. I wouldn't really consider it an allergy, because I eat it anyways and I don't ever get sick. It stops as soon as I stop eating whatever it is. It happens with hot sauce a lot and some types of salad dressings.

Cumin is in a LOT of good things, so hope not! :) It's in taco seasonings! Imagine no tacos! :eek-52: Barbecue sauces . . .

Hmmm. I do eat a lot of tacos....homemade or Taco Bell....and they don't bother me. So maybe cumin isn't the culprit.

Whenever I eat something with a lot of vinegar in it, my face gets kind of sweaty and hot. I wouldn't really consider it an allergy, because I eat it anyways and I don't ever get sick. It stops as soon as I stop eating whatever it is. It happens with hot sauce a lot and some types of salad dressings.
It's allergies. Allergies affect different people different ways to differing degrees, sounds like you may have a mild allergy to vinegar or something in vinegar. What ya have to watch out for is a constant combination of different allergy exposure over a long period of time, it's then when the immune system is overwhelmed, that's what happened to my wife a couple of decades ago, suddenly all those in control allergies that had not manifested themselves suddenly exploded on her.
At the time we were living in a two story townhouse with cement slab floors, the downstairs duct work was run through the slab, a perfect mold breeding environment......... It turns out mold is her worst allergy, the Doc said he'd never seen such a reaction to the skin test in his 30 years of practice, took almost two months for the test site to heal.

I am wild about cumin and other spicy spices. I have iron digestion and very few allergies. Sadly my biggest allergy is all my favorite fruit...pineapples. I don't get ill but my checks and tongue get all puffy. It's so good! :)

Forum List

Back