USMB Coffee Shop IV

Just made a herb crusted, roasted pork tenderloin........ and it was good.........

Pork+Tenderloin+mustard+Panko+crust+(35).JPG
OMG! Did you save some to share? That looks delicious.

You can make your own meat rub but I used:
2 tsp crushed thyme
2 tsp oregano
1 tsp rosemary
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp sea salt

2 tsp Olive oil

1 1/2 lb pork tendeloin

Preheat oven to 475 degrees,
Pat dry the tenderloin, coat in olive oil,
Roll oiled tenderloin in spice rub, pushing spices into the meat, place coated meat in oiled heavy fry pan and sear on all sides.
Place meat in shallow roasting pan and cook for 20 to 30 minutes (internal temp should be 145 to 150 degrees).
Don't skip the searing part or cook on a lower oven setting, the way I have it listed seals in the juices so the roast is nice and moist.

Oh yeah, after you sear the roast in the fry pan and move the roast into the oven take about a cup of broth (whichever you have or like) add it to the pan on high heat, add a splash of red wine, cook till reduced about half and add a tablespoon of unsalted butter, stir until butter is blended in. Makes a great sauce for the meat.

2 tsp crushed thyme
2 tsp oregano
1 tsp rosemary
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp sea salt

2 tsp Olive oil

1 1/2 lb pork tendeloin

Roll oiled tenderloin in spice rub, pushing spices into the meat, place coated meat in oiled heavy fry pan and sear on all sides.
Place meat in shallow roasting pan and cook for 20 to 30 minutes (internal temp should be 145 to 150 degrees).
Don't skip the searing part or cook on a lower oven setting, the way I have it listed seals in the juices so the roast is nice and moist.
Thanks, dude!

2 tsp crushed thyme
2 tsp oregano
1 tsp rosemary
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp sea salt

2 tsp Olive oil

1 1/2 lb pork tendeloin

Thanks, dude!
You can do any kind of meat rub you want. For a sweet sauce you can add a couple of tablespoons of applesauce to the sauce mix or use apple juice/cider instead of broth.

Awww...I want one.:D

funny-gif-baby-scared-laughing-reactions.gif
Good morning folks! I drank too much wine last night. lol

Only leaves one question, was it a fine wine?

I quit keeping track after the third bottle. :p Board games and wine...my weaknesses.
Yep, typical cabin life. We usually have homemade mead, though. Stuff is outstanding! Cribbage and wine, Monopoly and wine, Uno and wine...wine goes well with most every type of board or card game.

I rarely lose a board game, just saying.

Do you cheat?

Does anyone have any experience with Federal Express? Specifically when they claim to have delivered something and are lying about it? What's the recourse?

Somewhere out there (maybe) is my new microphone, freezing to death... delivery says "3:13 pm" which is impossible as I was here (outside getting the mail in fact) and could not have missed a FedEx truck, even if he was down the street. The truck would have literally run over me.

Someone was supposed to call back with any further info but that hasn't happened either.

Hey maybe they put it up in Hobbes' tree...

Hombre lost the guilt out over who went to the grocery store today and he brought back two Marie Callendar's Pot Pies. So guess what we're having for dinner tonight? (That port tenderloin sure looks good though.)

Oh yeah, after you sear the roast in the fry pan and move the roast into the oven take about a cup of broth (whichever you have or like) add it to the pan on high heat, add a splash of red wine, cook till reduced about half and add a tablespoon of unsalted butter, stir until butter is blended in. Makes a great sauce for the meat.

I can use my homemade chicken stock in that recipe then! Yay! :D I love sauces and gravies!

Does anyone have any experience with Federal Express? Specifically when they claim to have delivered something and are lying about it? What's the recourse?

Somewhere out there (maybe) is my new microphone, freezing to death... delivery says "3:13 pm" which is impossible as I was here (outside getting the mail in fact) and could not have missed a FedEx truck, even if he was down the street. The truck would have literally run over me.

Someone was supposed to call back with any further info but that hasn't happened either.

You have to get the merchant involved Pogo. You did not contract with Fed Ex so they have no responsibility to you. The merchant or whomever contracted with them to send the package does have an obligation to get it to you.

You have to get the merchant involved Pogo. You did not contract with Fed Ex so they have no responsibility to you. The merchant or whomever contracted with them to send the package does have an obligation to get it to you.

I have been in touch with the vendor just to let them know in case I need to go to a last resort. But I'm confident they sent the package and that FedEx is lying, so I'm hoping to hold them responsible.

I have been in touch with the vendor just to let them know in case I need to go to a last resort. But I'm confident they sent the package and that FedEx is lying, so I'm hoping to hold them responsible.

Well I wish you well. However it is your word against their driver and I have not had any luck dealing with the delivery company in these things.

We're about to put on a loooooooooong movie and I doubt I'll stay awake for the whole thing, so I'm going to go ahead and sign off for tonight. Ya'll have a great evening and we'll see you in the morning.

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Sheila’s friend Shirley,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, and Sheila's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Hombre,
Pix,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Sheila and son Andrew,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj and Nana,
Sheila's sore foot post surgery healing,
Complete healing for Mrs. Ringel and the Ringels in difficult transition,
Ollie and Mrs. O for a complete recovery,
GW's student/friend Sean, his injured brother, and their family,
Tresha and hubby,
Gracie and Moki,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
Safe travels for those traveling,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Oddball, Sunshine, Jughead, Sheila, and Becki and all the others who have been MIA lately. We hope everyone is okay.

ThanksgivingBlessings.gif

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.​

I can use my homemade chicken stock in that recipe then! Yay! :D I love sauces and gravies!
Are you a southerner?
In the south gravy is either a food group or a beverage........ :eusa_whistle:

Pretty much it's the vendors problem unless the vendor refuses to deal with you at all. FedEx probably delivered the item, possibly to someone elses. If by some chance they delivered it to your address and you missed them the package could have been stolen. It's a common crime now and it gets worse as Christmas closes in on us.

Are you a southerner?

Nope, I'm a yankee! Lol! From Massachusetts. :razz:

Are you a southerner?

Nope, I'm a yankee! Lol! From Massachusetts. :razz:
My condolences...... :D

In 62- 63 we lived in Buzzards Bay. My youngest brother was born there. I was born a Yooper.
Military brat. :D

Forum List

Back