USMB Coffee Shop IV

This is so wrong.......

index.php

A good friend of mine has stage 4 liver/brain doo doo. I met with his wife and she says he's lost a lot of weight and has no appetite. 12 months tops. So I ran home and fetched a bag of weed and gave it to her to pass along. Life ain't fucking fair.
My prayers for him, his family and you. I lost my best friend to renal cancer, they didn't catch it until it was stage 4.

Oh yeah, after you sear the roast in the fry pan and move the roast into the oven take about a cup of broth (whichever you have or like) add it to the pan on high heat, add a splash of red wine, cook till reduced about half and add a tablespoon of unsalted butter, stir until butter is blended in. Makes a great sauce for the meat.

I can use my homemade chicken stock in that recipe then! Yay! :D I love sauces and gravies!
Are you a southerner?
In the south gravy is either a food group or a beverage........ :eusa_whistle:

Nope, I'm a yankee! Lol! From Massachusetts. :razz:
My condolences...... :D

In 62- 63 we lived in Buzzards Bay. My youngest brother was born there. I was born a Yooper.
Military brat. :D

That's a very nice area. :) I'm a few miles from there. I live very close to Rhode Island, unfortunately not that close to the ocean. It's probably a 45-minute to an hour's drive for me to get to the ocean.

Just woke up, coffee's on and the cats are fed. Looking at 5 to 6 inches of snow outside right now and it's still snowing.

Only a light dusting of snow here. I'll blow that off and finish raking a customer's yard this afternoon. As if raking wasn't joyless enough already.

Only a light dusting of snow here. I'll blow that off and finish raking a customer's yard this afternoon. As if raking wasn't joyless enough already.
Well there's no way around it, I'm gonna have to break out the shovel this time, at least the snow looks powdery.....

21 degrees outside, beautiful blue sky. Been church, nice people, good service.

Looking forward to some writing and football.

A good friend of mine has stage 4 liver/brain doo doo. I met with his wife and she says he's lost a lot of weight and has no appetite. 12 months tops. So I ran home and fetched a bag of weed and gave it to her to pass along. Life ain't fucking fair.

So sorry Mr. H. We'll put him on the list. And you'/re right. Sometimes it just isn't fair.

Well there's no way around it, I'm gonna have to break out the shovel this time, at least the snow looks powdery.....

I'm disappointed. Our expected snow didn't materialize. Sometimes if there's wind with the systems, the mountains cause a 'snow hole' to develop over the city so that it can be snowing all around us but not here. The radar shows snow north of us in the Los Alamos and Santa Fe areas and up in Ringel's area and a big blob southeast and east of us, but nothing here and no potential. I was hoping for a few flurries anyway. Oh well.

In case anybody cares, I don't think any football team has scored yet today.

Hope everybody has a great Sunday.

Just finished shoveling 65 feet of the 80 foot drive/parking area and the front sidewalk, front stoop. Still have to finish cleaning off the truck, car and the parking area around both but it can wait, I'm exhausted. It's already in the low 40s, came back in the house with the heat running at 68 degrees, it's hot!!! :lol:

Fox, at least you'll have mountain run off down the Rio Grande. :thup:

Just finished shoveling 65 feet of the 80 foot drive/parking area and the front sidewalk, front stoop. Still have to finish cleaning off the truck, car and the parking area around both but it can wait, I'm exhausted. It's already in the low 40s, came back in the house with the heat running at 68 degrees, it's hot!!! :lol:

Fox, at least you'll have mountain run off down the Rio Grande. :thup:

Yes. Looks like its going to be a good snow year for the mountains and we desperately do need that.

We had a wonderful July through September for rain. The ground is saturated up in the mountains. If we have decent snow fall this year, we will have the best run off and agricultural situation in years. Crossed fingers.

Finished clearing off the vehicles and parking area, everything not in the shade is melting fairly rapidly.
Think I'll make hamburgers and fries tonight with a spinach salad.

Because I know WQ and Sherry have a delightful sense of humor, I think a lot of us can appreciate this right now. You have to change the date, but otherwise. . . .

1533768_462788790510180_1718409581_n.jpg

We had the perfect day yesterday...oh, and we also had some very nice weather.:D

Forum List

Back