USMB Coffee Shop IV

Because I know WQ and Sherry have a delightful sense of humor, I think a lot of us can appreciate this right now. You have to change the date, but otherwise. . . .

1533768_462788790510180_1718409581_n.jpg

An hour ago it was in the mid 60s, bright and sunny, then the next front hit us. It's in the mid 30s now and it looks like snow clouds moving in........

Good morning folks! I drank too much wine last night. lol

Only leaves one question, was it a fine wine?

I quit keeping track after the third bottle. :p Board games and wine...my weaknesses.
Yep, typical cabin life. We usually have homemade mead, though. Stuff is outstanding! Cribbage and wine, Monopoly and wine, Uno and wine...wine goes well with most every type of board or card game.

I quit keeping track after the third bottle. :p Board games and wine...my weaknesses.
Yep, typical cabin life. We usually have homemade mead, though. Stuff is outstanding! Cribbage and wine, Monopoly and wine, Uno and wine...wine goes well with most every type of board or card game.

You sound like good people to me. I have made mead once and it was a bit too sweet for my taste. I home brew quite often. Last month I harvested 4lbs of hops from the garden. I have more then I can ever use in a year so I give to friends and family that brew as well. This batch is a nut brown ale and an IPA. I do love brewing.

Awww...I want one.:D

funny-gif-baby-scared-laughing-reactions.gif

I rarely lose a board game, just saying.

I play to win but I do lose from time to time. I am bit competitive. lol

Back from spending part of the day with my son and his wife and her sister: 6 adorable girls from 10 to 16, each beautiful in spirit and face in each her own way. Lovely day. My son and drove out to Alpine and then back to the trail back over the mountain to Suncrest, down to the highway and back to Happy Vally. I am a lucky guy, Period.

Just talked it over with the wife, we're gonna hold off on the motor home until our plans are more defined. Yeah it's a great deal but until we know for sure what we're gonna do it's an unnecessary expense.

I think you're under estimating the value of a party wagon/tactical retreat opportunity.

I'll see your bit competitive and raise you an often competitive...

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk

I'll see your bit competitive and raise you an often competitive...

Well played. :laugh:

It is shuffle board tournament time! Let's hope my skills match the smack I am talking. My playful ribbing may come back to haunt me. lol

You sound like good people to me. I have made mead once and it was a bit too sweet for my taste. I home brew quite often. Last month I harvested 4lbs of hops from the garden. I have more then I can ever use in a year so I give to friends and family that brew as well. This batch is a nut brown ale and an IPA. I do love brewing.
Thanks. I started making mead because a friend of mine makes beer. I wonder whether hops would grow up here? I also make my own cheese, yogurt, soap, etc. My cabin is off-grid and we have our own solar panels for the small amount of 12V power we do use. I love the cabin and would live there full time if fuel weren't so expensive.

You haven't played with my granddaughters! LOL!
I'll quit playing crib when I can't count out any more...almost never happens, though.

Back from spending part of the day with my son and his wife and her sister: 6 adorable girls from 10 to 16, each beautiful in spirit and face in each her own way. Lovely day. My son and drove out to Alpine and then back to the trail back over the mountain to Suncrest, down to the highway and back to Happy Vally. I am a lucky guy, Period.
Six girls, 10 to 16!! Dang, Jake, that's a busy family!

Thanks. I started making mead because a friend of mine makes beer. I wonder whether hops would grow up here? I also make my own cheese, yogurt, soap, etc. My cabin is off-grid and we have our own solar panels for the small amount of 12V power we do use. I love the cabin and would live there full time if fuel weren't so expensive.

I live in Pittsburgh and our cascade hop yield is loon. You can buy the root online pretty cheaply and since it's a perennial it will pop up every year. It grows like a weed.

I've always wanted to try my hand at making cheese. I've never met a cheese I didn't like.

The cabin is way off the grid as well and on a dead end street. I've been here since Thursday and haven't seen another person other then our guests. Sadly we depart tomorrow morning. This long weekend is flying by so swiftly.

I live in Pittsburgh and our cascade hop yield is loon. You can buy the root online pretty cheaply and since it's a perennial it will pop up every year. It grows like a weed.

I've always wanted to try my hand at making cheese. I've never met a cheese I didn't like.

The cabin is way off the grid as well and on a dead end street. I've been here since Thursday and haven't seen another person other then our guests. Sadly we depart tomorrow morning. This long weekend is flying by so swiftly.
Gotta love off-grid homes. We usually see dog mushers or hunters, depending on the time of year. While we have road access, there is no way I'd pay the power company almost $100,000 to run power to our place for the privilege of paying every month. We cart our own propane in, too. Of course, lots of places in Alaska are like this.
I agree about cheese. I love cheese. Lots of folks seem to think I should be totally constipated, as much cheese as I make and eat. We're having a pot luck at the University where I teach next month and I have been invited to bring a selection of cheese and cheese-based dishes. Even knowing I make my cheese from goat mild doesn't deter most people!

Just talked it over with the wife, we're gonna hold off on the motor home until our plans are more defined. Yeah it's a great deal but until we know for sure what we're gonna do it's an unnecessary expense.

I think you're under estimating the value of a party wagon/tactical retreat opportunity.
Not really, I don't party and I don't really want to spend the money on something I may never use besides every aspect of where we are going and what we will be doing is still up in the air.

Forum List

Back