USMB Coffee Shop IV

G-g-g-g-good morning, everyone!

OK, last night was a cold martha focker! Down to 8 degrees and a wind chill of -6 here in central Missouri. We still have most of the 3" of snow still stuck to the ground from Sunday's forecasted half inch. I don't know about you people, but this is incredibly early for this type of weather here. I've been saying all summer (or lack thereof) that this winter was going to be even worse than last year, and this is one of those times I really wish I could be wrong. I really hope I can get the wood stove installed soon.

Morning SixFoot. It is a bit early for this weather here as well. It is alleged that this winter will be colder and longer then the previous one. I am over this getting dark nonsense shortly after 5pm.

OK, last night was a cold martha focker! Down to 8 degrees and a wind chill of -6 here in central Missouri. We still have most of the 3" of snow still stuck to the ground from Sunday's forecasted half inch. I don't know about you people, but this is incredibly early for this type of weather here. I've been saying all summer (or lack thereof) that this winter was going to be even worse than last year, and this is one of those times I really wish I could be wrong. I really hope I can get the wood stove installed soon.

Morning SixFoot. It is a bit early for this weather here as well. It is alleged that this winter will be colder and longer then the previous one. I am over this getting dark nonsense shortly after 5pm.

Morning, M! I agree, daylight savings time is retarded. The only "good" it does around here is make it a little brighter at 0500 when its time to let the chickens out of the coop. That's literally it. lol

Morning, M! I agree, daylight savings time is retarded. The only "good" it does around here is make it a little brighter at 0500 when its time to let the chickens out of the coop. That's literally it. lol

For real, that is literally the only perk. I do not miss those early morning farm chores as a kid in this weather.

The sun here goes down (behind the mountains) just after 4PM so by 5 it's already dark......
We had a heat wave last night, it only got down in the teens.

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk
Now that there have been some changes to the CS, I might stop by more often.
It's amazing what one can do with "A little paint, a few flowers, a couple of throw pillows”
feldman.jpg

The sun here goes down (behind the mountains) just after 4PM so by 5 it's already dark......
We had a heat wave last night, it only got down in the teens.

I get so excited for winter and then it arrives. It is a very brief love affair. lol.

For real, that is literally the only perk. I do not miss those early morning farm chores as a kid in this weather.

Funny story this morning. All the chickens this morning refused to leave the shelter of the coop. They hate walking on the snow, so they're all huddled up together in the corner... except one. She was standing out in the middle of the field in the snow on one foot, shivering like crazy about an hour ago. Its really fitting that I named her Retard. Definitely time to get a load of scratch grains for the upcoming repeats of this cold snap.

Funny story this morning. All the chickens this morning refused to leave the shelter of the coop. They hate walking on the snow, so they're all huddled up together in the corner... except one. She was standing out in the middle of the field in the snow on one foot, shivering like crazy about an hour ago. Its really fitting that I named her Retard. Definitely time to get a load of scratch grains for the upcoming repeats of this cold snap.

:lol:

It has been chilly at night for sure, but seasonal temps mostly in the west. Maybe this is just a temporary glitch?

When I was a kid, the guy who lived behind us had laying hens and kept us supplied with fresh eggs. At some point he gave me one of his hens for a 'pet'. Can't remember the circumstances that led up to that but that chicken and I became good friends. She followed me around. I was so worried about her being out in the cold, my mom would allow me to bring her in to our enclosed back porch at night. One day she turned up missing. And then a friend invited us to chicken dinner.....had found a hen in the bottom of a nearby empty public swimming pool......one of those little tragedies of life.

It has been chilly at night for sure, but seasonal temps mostly in the west. Maybe this is just a temporary glitch?

When I was a kid, the guy who lived behind us had laying hens and kept us supplied with fresh eggs. At some point he gave me one of his hens for a 'pet'. Can't remember the circumstances that led up to that but that chicken and I became good friends. She followed me around. I was so worried about her being out in the cold, my mom would allow me to bring her in to our enclosed back porch at night. One day she turned up missing. And then a friend invited us to chicken dinner.....had found a hen in the bottom of a nearby empty public swimming pool......one of those little tragedies of life.

Eww, they cooked a drowned chicken?

Morning everybody. I have to admit I don't mind winter, but then we generally have fairly mild ones. I tolerate the cold much better than the really hot weather.

Eww, they cooked a drowned chicken?

No the pool was empty and she was very much alive. I can see now that her fate was better than leaving her without food or water in that pool or meeting some other unpleasant fate, but I couldn't really appreciate it at the time. Sort of like the Pedro scene from "Giant":

Morning everybody. I have to admit I don't mind winter, but then we generally have fairly mild ones. I tolerate the cold much better than the really hot weather.

I'm the opposite. I can tolerate the hot weather much better than the cold. I hate being cold. Lol.
Never move to Alamosa, CO........ :eusa_whistle:

If I moved, it would definitely be to a warmer climate, not colder. Lol. :D

Forum List

Back