USMB Coffee Shop IV

GallantWarrior..that is a beautiful name, Sachenda! I am so sorry to read of her trials. I hope she beats whatever it is.

Spoonman has a gorgeous garden! Couple of years ago he posted pics of it. I was drooling.
Sachenda came here from some other, very troubled place in a troubled time. She's a wonderful woman who took interest in my daughter when I was unable to be there for the child. I am deeply sorrowful that she's come to this impasse and wish only the best for her entire loving family.
Spoonie is indeed, quite the gardener. There seem to be many so gifted among our CS denizens. Personally, I suck at gardening but seem to do well with the four-legged contributors to our welfare. Luvs my critters, I do...

The most exciting Christmas thing we've ever done, other than the luminarias at Old Town here in Albuquerque, was the Christmas on the Pecos on the Pecos River that runs through Carlsbad NM. A lot of the old historic homes have large yards that slope to the river's edge. And the folks go all out to decorate big time for the pleasure of folks transported on boats up and down the river. Some are just awesome. That plus live music, food vendors, etc. make for a very nice evening though probably small potatoes to a lot of you.

christmas-on-pecos-12-10-dm-7530.png

Our Biopark here in Albuquerque goes all out too with an amazing light show on the nature walks.

We were in Las Vegas on New Years eve one time but found that not to our liking. Instead of staying over until New Years Day as planned we managed to get our tickets changed and flew home that night.
Growing up in a military family, you move often, sometimes at inopportune times. One year, we moved from NC to CA and ended up spending Christmas at Carlsbad Caverns. I still remember that trip, even though I was only in second grade at the time. Every time I see a reference to Carlsbad, it brings back those memories...

That was probably before Christmas on the Pecos was started, but hope it was a good memory. I have bad and good memories of going to Carlsbad (often) because I grew up in southeast New Mexico 90 miles or less from Carlsbad. So of course all the relatives and out-of-state friends who came to see us wanted to go to the Caverns.

Some of those trips were tough because the folks were heavy partiers back then and that was not fun for the kids. Pretty scary at times. But the Caverns themselves I loved then and now--especially then because it was still pretty primitive. You went in and out on foot with a guide with the group. At some point he would have everybody sit down on the dirt trail and they would turn out the lights. True absolute darkness--not even a suggestion of light in any direction. It had a profound effect on me and I still remember it. Now it is constantly lit up throughout, there are paved trails and safety railings and you are handed a pamphlet and guide yourself. It just isn't the same.
Oh, gosh, yes!!! They pulled that lights out thing on us. I suppose it costs too much to provide guides in these times, but I cannot imagine the caverns as any less impressive. I do understand about out-of-state visitors. We get the same thing here. Too bad so many people have that Disney mindset that dictates that the critters should be on display, 24-7, for their viewing pleasure. And visitors rarely expect the weather!

We're about to put on a loooooooooong movie and I doubt I'll stay awake for the whole thing, so I'm going to go ahead and sign off for tonight. Ya'll have a great evening and we'll see you in the morning.

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Sheila’s friend Shirley,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, and Sheila's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Hombre,
Pix,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Sheila and son Andrew,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj and Nana,
Sheila's sore foot post surgery healing,
Complete healing for Mrs. Ringel and the Ringels in difficult transition,
Ollie and Mrs. O for a complete recovery,
GW's student/friend Sean, his injured brother, and their family,
Tresha and hubby,
Gracie and Moki,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
Safe travels for those traveling,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Oddball, Sunshine, Jughead, Sheila, and Becki and all the others who have been MIA lately. We hope everyone is okay.

ThanksgivingBlessings.gif

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.​
I like to review this list every day. Let's me focus my positive vibes where requested, and needed. Sean's brother is doing well, so might be removed from the list. I'd like to request my daughter's friend/mentor, Sachenda be put back on the list. Her cancer has returned and they are planning on aggressive treatment with a lesser percent of success. My daughter is going to visit for Thanksgiving and hope it won't be the last holiday she gets to share with Sachenda. Thank you, Foxy.

Will do G.W.
Thank you, Foxy. My daughter is pretty distressed that her friend and mentor has had this relapse. She's talking as if this might be the last Thanksgiving she has to share with Sachenda. I hope not. Sachenda is very important to my daughter.

that's sad. If I'm not intruding, how old is she?

Not intruding at all, but a rough guestimate would be about 50, or so. I know she's younger than I am, certainly.

Moki is now home. He has all his meds and he seems to be doing fine. For now anyway. He's pumped with pain killers, they said. :)
We will know more in a couple of days and I will let you know. Thanks for all the good vibes and prayers. :)
Good furfam vibes coming for Loki. I have lost so many fur-fam members...I understand too well. I currently have two "old lady" kitties (17 & 18 yrs) and my doxie shows all the signs of impending kidney failure...I wonder just how many will make it south with me next summer.
All of 'em, hon. ALL of 'em.
FattyCat lived to 23. Only thing that finally took him down was bone cancer. And Moki is tough little guy. Been going outside to pee and poo, ate some mushy stuff I fixed for him, took his pills with no prob and is comfy on pillows on daddys bed. When karma had her tumors removed, she whined and cried all night. Not a peep out of moki.
So yep..yours will come south with you. Betcha. :)
Every single one of my fur-fam, living and gone, will come South with me. They do indeed live on in my memories and my dreams. Have I mentioned that my partner "inters" the fur-fam in a special tree? He insists that kitties love to climb and be high up so they can see. So, he hoists their "coffins" up into a fir tree. I usually have a poem with each one that specifically memorializes their special lives.

Moki is now home. He has all his meds and he seems to be doing fine. For now anyway. He's pumped with pain killers, they said. :)
We will know more in a couple of days and I will let you know. Thanks for all the good vibes and prayers. :)
Good furfam vibes coming for Loki. I have lost so many fur-fam members...I understand too well. I currently have two "old lady" kitties (17 & 18 yrs) and my doxie shows all the signs of impending kidney failure...I wonder just how many will make it south with me next summer.
FattyCat lived to 23. Only thing that finally took him down was bone cancer. And Moki is tough little guy. Been going outside to pee and poo, ate some mushy stuff I fixed for him, took his pills with no prob and is comfy on pillows on daddys bed. When karma had her tumors removed, she whined and cried all night. Not a peep out of moki.
Every single one of my fur-fam, living and gone, will come South with me. They do indeed live on in my memories and my dreams. Have I mentioned that my partner "inters" the fur-fam in a special tree? He insists that kitties love to climb and be high up so they can see. So, he hoists their "coffins" up into a fir tree. I usually have a poem with each one that specifically memorializes their special lives.

Does he leave them there?

We're about to put on a loooooooooong movie and I doubt I'll stay awake for the whole thing, so I'm going to go ahead and sign off for tonight. Ya'll have a great evening and we'll see you in the morning.

Sunshine,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Sheila’s friend Shirley,
Sherry’s Mom,
Hombre,
Pix,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Sheila and son Andrew,
GW's student/friend Sean, his injured brother, and their family,
Tresha and hubby,
Gracie and Moki,

And the light is on awaiting the return of Oddball, Sunshine, Jughead, Sheila, and Becki and all the others who have been MIA lately. We hope everyone is okay.

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.​
I like to review this list every day. Let's me focus my positive vibes where requested, and needed. Sean's brother is doing well, so might be removed from the list. I'd like to request my daughter's friend/mentor, Sachenda be put back on the list. Her cancer has returned and they are planning on aggressive treatment with a lesser percent of success. My daughter is going to visit for Thanksgiving and hope it won't be the last holiday she gets to share with Sachenda. Thank you, Foxy.

Will do G.W.
Thank you, Foxy. My daughter is pretty distressed that her friend and mentor has had this relapse. She's talking as if this might be the last Thanksgiving she has to share with Sachenda. I hope not. Sachenda is very important to my daughter.

that's sad. If I'm not intruding, how old is she?

Not intruding at all, but a rough guestimate would be about 50, or so. I know she's younger than I am, certainly.

Sorry to hear.

Uh, yeah...we have a tree full of little cat coffins. I suppose it makes my partner happy, somehow. The dead cats don't seem bothered.

Uh, yeah...we have a tree full of little cat coffins. I suppose it makes my partner happy, somehow. The dead cats don't seem bothered.

Lol! I must say, that is one of the oddest things I've heard! :D It must quite the conversation piece!

Sunshine,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Sheila’s friend Shirley,
Sherry’s Mom,
Hombre,
Pix,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Sheila and son Andrew,
Tresha and hubby,
Gracie and Moki,
Mr. H and his friend,
strollingbones & hubby,
GW's daughter's friend Sachenda,

GallantWarrior..that is a beautiful name, Sachenda! I am so sorry to read of her trials. I hope she beats whatever it is.

Spoonman has a gorgeous garden! Couple of years ago he posted pics of it. I was drooling.
Sachenda came here from some other, very troubled place in a troubled time. She's a wonderful woman who took interest in my daughter when I was unable to be there for the child. I am deeply sorrowful that she's come to this impasse and wish only the best for her entire loving family.
Spoonie is indeed, quite the gardener. There seem to be many so gifted among our CS denizens. Personally, I suck at gardening but seem to do well with the four-legged contributors to our welfare. Luvs my critters, I do...
There's more than one way to take that........ :eusa_whistle: But I'll be kind. :lol:

Maybe we should change your name to Rubeus Hagrid.

Last edited:
G-g-g-g-good morning, everyone!

OK, last night was a cold martha focker! Down to 8 degrees and a wind chill of -6 here in central Missouri. We still have most of the 3" of snow still stuck to the ground from Sunday's forecasted half inch. I don't know about you people, but this is incredibly early for this type of weather here. I've been saying all summer (or lack thereof) that this winter was going to be even worse than last year, and this is one of those times I really wish I could be wrong. I really hope I can get the wood stove installed soon.

Now that there have been some changes to the CS, I might stop by more often.

Forum List

Back