USMB Coffee Shop IV

:lmao:

209421d1324096240-christmas-vacation-eddie.jpg

Hey guys. I haven't been here in ages because I have been working on something special. This is what I earned last night:

10385506_10204353984424410_8802931005757393912_n.jpg

Brand new red belt, pictured with my darling Sensei Tracy, who looks so proud she could burst! Took me nearly two hours to earn it, non stop all the way through, was drenched by the time we had finished, but I made it! She told me she was going to send me last week, and I kept it a secret from pretty much everyone, including my parents. I have one more belt (brown) to get through before I get my black. Should take me about four more years, so I am definitely half way there now!

Hey guys. I haven't been here in ages because I have been working on something special. This is what I earned last night:

Brand new red belt, pictured with my darling Sensei Tracy, who looks so proud she could burst! Took me nearly two hours to earn it, non stop all the way through, was drenched by the time we had finished, but I made it! She told me she was going to send me last week, and I kept it a secret from pretty much everyone, including my parents. I have one more belt (brown) to get through before I get my black. Should take me about four more years, so I am definitely half way there now!

Woo hoo Noomi. Way to go!!! Was just about to put you on the MIA list so happy you checked in tonight. This is sooooo exciting. We sort of feel like your cheering section here as we started out with you as a brand new novice. Just look how far you have come! :)

I am seriously impressed ...... and intimidated!!!

Today's joke ---

A little girl is in line to see Santa. When it's her turn, she climbs up on Santa's lap. Santa asks, "What would you like Santa to bring you for Christmas?"

The little girl replies, "I want a Barbie and a G.I. Joe."

Santa looks at the little girl for a moment and says, "I thought Barbie comes with Ken."

"No," said the little girl. "She comes with G.I. Joe; she fakes it with Ken."

Hey SC, what are you doing up in the wee hours of the morning? I'm just on my way to find a pillow finally--can't seem to get my sleep cycle straightened out but am working on it.

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, Sheila and Hombre's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Pix,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj and Nana,
Complete healing for Mrs. Ringel and the Ringels in difficult transition,
Ollie and Mrs. O for a complete recovery,
Mr. H and his friend,
GW's daughter's friend Sachenda,
Ernie's friend and colleague, Max,
Boedicca's mom for healing and relief from pain,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
Safe travels for those traveling,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Oddball, Sunshine, Jughead, Sheila, and Becki and all the others who have been MIA lately. We hope everyone is okay.

tumblr_mcnso9rwC31r66wc2o1_500.gif

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

I know, Foxy. When I joined here I was an orange belt, and now I am three grades higher. I can't believe it myself - that I am actually good at karate. Never would have thought it, but last night proved it.

Will try to check in a lot more in future. :)

Waking up after a not so good nights sleep, wish I would have remembered to bring my sinus rinse and the mattress here at Courtyard Marriott and I did not get along......

Congrats Noomi!!

I know, Foxy. When I joined here I was an orange belt, and now I am three grades higher. I can't believe it myself - that I am actually good at karate. Never would have thought it, but last night proved it.

Woo Hoo !!!!!!
Way to go Noomi. :)
We are all very proud of you, you have done an excellent job.

A chilly Saturday morning in Albuquerque. The sun is shining through a few broken clouds but we are under a winter storm watch because it might rain later and the mountain areas could get an inch of snow tonight? Do the rest of you get winter storm watches for a possible inch of snow? Only in New Mexico.

Congrats Noomi!! :) If you ever come to the States I'm pretty sure Aaronleland and Cabbie said they could kick your butt.

Somehow....I think it would go like this......

Woman-Kicks-Man-1642312.jpg

It's wonderful you are meeting you're goals. Congratulations again. :)

Good morrrrning @ the coffee shop
Everyone seems very busy.
Getting ready to drive to Temple, Daughter graduates from Mary Hardin-Baylor today...
Had an interesting project over the weekend, had to clean out the dryer vent, so I went to a DIY store and bought one of those kits that works with a hand drill...
I was skeptical but because of turns in ducting and length (goes to roof) but with a little practice it worked great.
Mission accomplished...lol
Have a good day...

Congrats to your daughter. Exciting times for the young and satisfying for the proud parent.

As for your dryer, you mean a lint lizard kind of thing? Do I need one of those?

Last edited:
By the way sky watchers, don't forget the Geminid meteor shower is tonight--deemed the best such light show of the year and peaking in the early to mid evening tonight. We aren't likely to be able to watch as the storm is entering New Mexico as we speak and will almost certainly include some cloud cover. Plus looking east from our house, we're looking at Sandia Peak that blocks out some of the eastern sky. But it still should be a good light show for those who are able to see the night sky even competing with a waning moon.

Geminids-10pm-Dec13-2014-generic-580x415.jpg

Forum List

Back