USMB Coffee Shop IV

Well the storm is finally hitting in earnest. My anemometer has already been pegged at 100 mph for a gust, so it's going to be a doozy. So far just a little bit of rain but they are saying we might get a few feet of snow over the next couple of days. The region can certainly use it but I don't think my back will like it much!:laugh::laugh:

Our daughter is at the southern end of the big California storm (Monterey bay) and they have battened down the hatches there. I'm trying to remember where you are Westwall.....Nevada? But rain or snow in hurricane force winds is definitely something most people would want to avoid.

Yes, I am above Incline Village. I normally have a wonderful view of Lake Tahoe but right now all I can see is grey cloud. Visibility is about 1/3 of a mile. The wind is pretty constant at 45 mph with gusts hitting 65 pretty regularly. So far I've only had the one big gust, but I am sure we'll see more.

An older couple decided to take a trip to Washington, DC. They take turns driving, and as they cross through Kentucky, the old lady is driving down the freeway. All of sudden, lights flash and sirens sound. The old lady pulls over to the side, and waits for the highway patrolman.

The officer approaches the car, leans in the window, and speaks to the old lady.

"Ma'am, could I see your driver's license and registration, please?"

The old lady, not hearing so well, says, "Huh? What did you say, young man?"

"Could I see your driver's license and registration, please?"

"Young man, you're going to have to speak up! Harold, what did he say?"

Her husband says, "He wants to see your driver's license and registration."

"Oh, okay", the old lady says, "Here you are, young man."

The officer looks at it, and says, "I see you're from New Mexico. I've got relatives in New Mexico."

"What did you say, young man?"

"I've got relatives in New Mexico"

"Young man, you're going to have to speak up! Harold, what did he say?"

"He said he's got relatives in New Mexico."

"Oh," she responded, "that's nice."

The officer looks at her driver's license again.

"I see you're from Albuquerque. Worst sex I ever had was a broad in Albuquerque."

"What did you say, young man?"

"The worse sex I ever had was in Albuquerque."

""Young man, you're going to have to speak up! Harold, what did he say?"

"He said he thinks he knows you."

(At least, I THINK it was Albuquerque.)

This El Paso Christmas light display won one of the two $50,000 prizes given out in the Christmas Light Fight last Sunday night. There will be another one this Sunday. How they pick a winner out of the incredible light shows I don't know but this one is at a real estate agent's residence:

Friday-is-almost-here1.jpg

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, Sheila and Hombre's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Pix,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj and Nana,
Complete healing for Mrs. Ringel and the Ringels in difficult transition,
Ollie and Mrs. O for a complete recovery,
Mr. H and his friend,
GW's daughter's friend Sachenda,
Ernie's friend and colleague, Max,
Boedicca's mom for healing and relief from pain,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
Safe travels for those traveling,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Oddball, Sunshine, Jughead, Sheila, and Becki and all the others who have been MIA lately. We hope everyone is okay.

tumblr_mcnso9rwC31r66wc2o1_500.gif

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Well the storm is finally hitting in earnest. My anemometer has already been pegged at 100 mph for a gust, so it's going to be a doozy. So far just a little bit of rain but they are saying we might get a few feet of snow over the next couple of days. The region can certainly use it but I don't think my back will like it much!:laugh::laugh:

Our daughter is at the southern end of the big California storm (Monterey bay) and they have battened down the hatches there. I'm trying to remember where you are Westwall.....Nevada? But rain or snow in hurricane force winds is definitely something most people would want to avoid.

Yes, I am above Incline Village. I normally have a wonderful view of Lake Tahoe but right now all I can see is grey cloud. Visibility is about 1/3 of a mile. The wind is pretty constant at 45 mph with gusts hitting 65 pretty regularly. So far I've only had the one big gust, but I am sure we'll see more.

Good luck! :)

Forum List

Back