USMB Coffee Shop IV

Good morrrrning @ the coffee shop
Everyone seems very busy.
Getting ready to drive to Temple, Daughter graduates from Mary Hardin-Baylor today...
Had an interesting project over the weekend, had to clean out the dryer vent, so I went to a DIY store and bought one of those kits that works with a hand drill...
I was skeptical but because of turns in ducting and length (goes to roof) but with a little practice it worked great.
Mission accomplished...lol
Have a good day...

Congrats to your daughter. Exciting times for the young and satisfying for the proud parent.

As for your dryer, you mean a lint lizard kind of thing? Do I need one of those?

It was a blast, I embarrassed all, my daughter could hear me down on the football field where the platform was setup.

Depends, the tool I bought isn't used on the dryer itself, it's used to clean the duct inside the walls, if your vent to the outside goes straight through the wall its usually not something to worry about.

If however your vent turns up inside your wall, at some point you will probably need to clean it.

I had my electric dryer worked on and the repairman asked if it was taking a long time to dry and I said yes at which point he showed me a charred lump of lint and told me that there was too much lint inside the dryer around the element that my vent was probably clogged, clean it out or get someone else to do it before I had a fire.

Read directions carefully, one doesn't want the extension sections to come loose in the wall.

181744000195.jpg

Good morrrrning @ the coffee shop
Everyone seems very busy.
Getting ready to drive to Temple, Daughter graduates from Mary Hardin-Baylor today...
Had an interesting project over the weekend, had to clean out the dryer vent, so I went to a DIY store and bought one of those kits that works with a hand drill...
I was skeptical but because of turns in ducting and length (goes to roof) but with a little practice it worked great.
Mission accomplished...lol
Have a good day...

Congrats to your daughter. Exciting times for the young and satisfying for the proud parent.

As for your dryer, you mean a lint lizard kind of thing? Do I need one of those?

It was a blast, I embarrassed all, my daughter could hear me down on the football field where the platform was setup.

Depends, the tool I bought isn't used on the dryer itself, it's used to clean the duct inside the walls, if your vent to the outside goes straight through the wall its usually not something to worry about.

If however your vent turns up inside your wall, at some point you will probably need to clean it.

I had my electric dryer worked on and the repairman asked if it was taking a long time to dry and I said yes at which point he showed me a charred lump of lint and told me that there was too much lint inside the dryer around the element that my vent was probably clogged, clean it out or get someone else to do it before I had a fire.

Read directions carefully, one doesn't want the extension sections to come loose in the wall.

181744000195.jpg

Thanks. That is something we definitely need to do or have done--our dryer vents through the roof.

I had my first ever MRI today, I guess I can mark that off of my bucket list. Oh wait, it wasn't on my bucket list.

I can understand why claustrophobic people need to be drugged for a MRI, it's some pretty tight quarters. Fortunately, I'm not claustrophobic.

I was warned that it was loud, but seriously, how can radio waves and magnets be that that loud? I don't get it.
Aside from the noise, the MRI was to get pictures of my lower back, why the heck does my head need to be inside the contraption? What moron thought that was a good design?

Oh, and you have to remain completely motionless for 20 minutes while laying in an uncomfortable (painful) position, well, it was a painful position for my ailment. It's almost as if they same CIA operative that invented water-boarding designed the MRI machine. It ended up taking 30 minutes because I minutely moved a few times.

They did get some good pictures. My doctor will review them with me on Tuesday so that we can decide on a course of action to fix my problem. I'm tired of being in pain and the numbness stretching from my upper left leg all the way to the toes is disturbing. It seems odd that I can feel intense pain and numbness at the same time for the same body part.

I had my first ever MRI today, I guess I can mark that off of my bucket list. Oh wait, it wasn't on my bucket list.

I can understand why claustrophobic people need to be drugged for a MRI, it's some pretty tight quarters. Fortunately, I'm not claustrophobic.

I was warned that it was loud, but seriously, how can radio waves and magnets be that that loud? I don't get it.
Aside from the noise, the MRI was to get pictures of my lower back, why the heck does my head need to be inside the contraption? What moron thought that was a good design?

Oh, and you have to remain completely motionless for 20 minutes while laying in an uncomfortable (painful) position, well, it was a painful position for my ailment. It's almost as if they same CIA operative that invented water-boarding designed the MRI machine. It ended up taking 30 minutes because I minutely moved a few times.

They did get some good pictures. My doctor will review them with me on Tuesday so that we can decide on a course of action to fix my problem. I'm tired of being in pain and the numbness stretching from my upper left leg all the way to the toes is disturbing. It seems odd that I can feel intense pain and numbness at the same time for the same body part.

How about we put you on the vigil list until at least Tuesday? Some positive vibes for the best possible outcome couldn't hurt.

Just got home from Amarillo, the cats are very happy to see us, not acting aloof and pissed like we thought they would of course being fed after walking in the door helped a lot. :D

And here's another gift suggestion for a special somebody who has everything. Actually it looks like fun:

If I ever win a big Powerball, that's going on my list of silly stuff to buy. :lol:

Actually, now I'm considering the possibility of making my own in the back yard. :ack-1:

That's what I was thinking --- should be relatively simple. What do you think? 12' x 6' x 12"? Hardest part is going to be - pardon the expression - painting the balls. (Ahhh, memories of a misspent youth ...)

Just got home from Amarillo, the cats are very happy to see us, not acting aloof and pissed like we thought they would of course being fed after walking in the door helped a lot. :D

So did you find anything interesting in or around Amarillo? The best thing to do there is to drive out to Palo Duro Canyon, but I think it's a little late to mention that now. :)

We lived in Amarillo for four miserable months--miserable because neither of us liked our jobs there--before Hombre was transferred to take over an office in southeast Kansas. We didn't like it there all that much either, but it was better than Amarillo. I did love my job there.

We have relatives in Amarillo still, our daughter-in-law works out of a real estate office there, and our granddaughter is in college at Canyon just 15 miles south of there. Very much a typical Texas Panhandle town thought he biggest of all and therefore the commercial hub for all.

Are any of you able to see the meteors? Solid overcast and light rain in parts of the city right now. So no meteors for us.

Hey guys. I haven't been here in ages because I have been working on something special. This is what I earned last night:

10385506_10204353984424410_8802931005757393912_n.jpg

Brand new red belt, pictured with my darling Sensei Tracy, who looks so proud she could burst! Took me nearly two hours to earn it, non stop all the way through, was drenched by the time we had finished, but I made it! She told me she was going to send me last week, and I kept it a secret from pretty much everyone, including my parents. I have one more belt (brown) to get through before I get my black. Should take me about four more years, so I am definitely half way there now!

Awesome Noomi! All of your hard work is paying off! Congratulations! :)

I can't wait until the days start getting longer again. When I lived in Minneapolis it went dark right around 4pm at this time of the year. The sun didn't come up until around 8am. Eck. :(

At least it's quite a bit better here in Florida. Love the sunshine.

sunshine.jpg

Forum List

Back