USMB Coffee Shop IV

Good morning everybody. We got up to a good snow cover this morning and it isn't melting fast per usual because the temps won't make it out of the mid 30's today. Got a new Kindle Fire HD7 from Hombre for Christmas that refused to load and register normally, so I spent well over an hour on the phone with Amazon tech people who barely spoke English--I had to ask twice for somebody else until I finally got somebody I could mostly understand--but we did manage to get it up and running. It is sooooo different from my regular e-reader though, it is going to be a steep learning curve to learn to use it. But I am pretty well back to my normal mostly cheerful self now. :)

Hope everybody had a great Christmas. We certainly did. It was a good day with good food and family. And now we can all forge on to usher in a brand new year in a few days.

1146449_10151704497159123_798502392_n.jpg

Good morning everybody. We got up to a good snow cover this morning and it isn't melting fast per usual because the temps won't make it out of the mid 30's today. Got a new Kindle Fire HD7 from Hombre for Christmas that refused to load and register normally, so I spent well over an hour on the phone with Amazon tech people who barely spoke English--I had to ask twice for somebody else until I finally got somebody I could mostly understand--but we did manage to get it up and running. It is sooooo different from my regular e-reader though, it is going to be a steep learning curve to learn to use it. But I am pretty well back to my normal mostly cheerful self now. :)

Hope everybody had a great Christmas. We certainly did. It was a good day with good food and family. And now we can all forge on to usher in a brand new year in a few days.

That is a great avatar! :) Adorable!

Finally finished clearing the 4 inches of snow off the drive and sidewalk about an hour ago, as I was finishing up the sun came out....... Ten minutes later it clouded back up and started snowing again and yes, my groin is very sore.........

Finally finished clearing the 4 inches of snow off the drive and sidewalk about an hour ago, as I was finishing up the sun came out....... Ten minutes later it clouded back up and started snowing again and yes, my groin is very sore.........
Clearing two-three inches of snow was easy here, just waited for it to melt. 37 degrees will do that, you know. Unfortunately, we are getting freezing rain right now. I figure the drive into work will be...challenging.

Clearing two-three inches of snow was easy here, just waited for it to melt. 37 degrees will do that, you know. Unfortunately, we are getting freezing rain right now. I figure the drive into work will be...challenging.
Actually ended up getting about 6" to 8" up on the northwest side of town, in town they got a foot, we're in the foot hills and the storm was coming up from the southwest through the pass and along the river valley, they got the brunt of it. As for melting it stayed cloudy the rest of the day, temps never got above 32 degrees and it's supposed to get down to 2 degrees tonight, sunny and upper 20s tomorrow, upper thirties over the weekend before the next front moves in.
Biggest problem was I pulled a groin muscle this morning when I slipped on some ice, finishing the shoveling was a painful challenge.

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, Sheila and Hombre's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Pix,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj and Nana,
Complete healing for Mrs. Ringel and the Ringels in difficult transition,
Ollie and Mrs. O for a complete recovery,
Mr. H and his friend,
GW's daughter's friend Sachenda,
Ernie's friend and colleague, Max,
Boedicca's mom for healing and relief from pain,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
Safe travels for those traveling,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Oddball, Sunshine, Jughead, Sheila, and Becki and all the others who have been MIA lately. We hope everyone is okay.

happy-new-year-shop_287917.jpg

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Forum List

Back