USMB Gobbles My Data

Bonzi

Diamond Member
May 17, 2015
Why? I'm not watching videos on here....what's the deal?

Probably the overdrive your antivirus and ad blocker have to go through lol....

The owners need to bring some of their advertisers to heel. Especially the ad that literally hijacks the web page, and holds you hostage telling you "you've been selected to win a prize!". The only way out is to complete their survey, or close out the page. I close the page. That's ad time that advertisers aren't getting, because USMB allows one advertiser to hijack the page. It's bad for the user, bad for the other advertisers, and bad for USMB in general.

th

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

I don't think it is USMB, it is probably your software configuration.

Probably the overdrive your antivirus and ad blocker have to go through lol....

You may have something there, when I got a new browser for my phone and used the Ad Block it got worse, but it's horrible either way. Blew through 3GB in 2 weeks

It's better now that I have adblocker.

It was almost unusable prior.

I was on here for like 5 mins this morning WITH adblocker on and went through 25% of 1 GIG... no clue... I have an older Samsung .... I usually use Google...

I used to play Trivia Crack all day long, no problem. Even Facebook doesn't take up that data that USMB does, of course, I'm never on Facebook for very long.....

I used to play Trivia Crack all day long, no problem. Even Facebo
ok doesn't take up that data that USMB does, of course, I'm never on Facebook for very long.....
No WiFi where you're at? I'm thinking something running in the background.
No it's crazy. I work at a bank. I wonder if it Google Chrome....dunno

I'd stay away from Chrome if possible.

Not sure how I can tell if something is running in the background, not on my phone anyway...

Not sure how I can tell if something is running in the background, not on my phone anyway...

The square thingy.
Some apps you can shut off/uninstall.
On older systems, you have to wait until the "X" pops up to close things. It takes a few seconds.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back