USS John McCain hidden while Trump was in Japan

You don't think the White House Military Office is a reflection of the C-in-C? Does it exist in a vacuum?

The question is did he ask them/order them to do it, or did they assume he would want something like that?

Offices like this try to anticipate what their boss wants, similar what any rich person's staff does.

Get me confirmation that Trump actually asked for this, then i will agree it an asshole move by him.

Of course you guys will try to make this an impeachable offense.

I'm not saying it was an order from Trump, although only an idiot would take his word for it. I'm saying it's a reflection of the culture created in the White House by the C-in-C. Again, the WHMO doesn't exist in a vacuum. Let's us know if anyone is fired or reprimanded for it.
---------------------- why take a chance , as i say in my post 128 , its kinda stupid to pizz off the most powerful man in the world JMiller .

That's a pitiful admission, pismoe.
---------------------- i don't think so , if you want to work for Trump or Walmart , well , toe the line JMiller !!

Keeping your head down and not making waves is a conservative tenet, not mine. Probably why I was self-employed and /or the boss most of my working life.

The question is did he ask them/order them to do it, or did they assume he would want something like that?

Offices like this try to anticipate what their boss wants, similar what any rich person's staff does.

Get me confirmation that Trump actually asked for this, then i will agree it an asshole move by him.

I'm not saying it was an order from Trump, although only an idiot would take his word for it. I'm saying it's a reflection of the culture created in the White House by the C-in-C. Again, the WHMO doesn't exist in a vacuum. Let's us know if anyone is fired or reprimanded for it.
---------------------- why take a chance , as i say in my post 128 , its kinda stupid to pizz off the most powerful man in the world JMiller .

---------------------- i don't think so , if you want to work for Trump or Walmart , well , toe the line JMiller !!

Keeping your head down and not making waves is a conservative tenet, not mine. Probably why I was self-employed and /or the boss most of my working life.

oddly enough, keeping your head down and not making waves is a shitty way to get ahead even if you are not the boss.

White House asked for USS John McCain to be 'out of sight' during Trump's visit to Japan: WSJ

The ship has been stationed at the Yokosuka Naval Base near the USS Wasp, where Trump delivered Memorial Day remarks and visited U.S. officers.

Before Trump's address, a tarp was hung over the USS John McCain's name and sailors were reportedly directed to remove any coverings that showed the ship's name. A barge was also reportedly moved near the ship to make it harder to see its name from the USS Wasp.

The Journal also reported that sailors on the ship, who normally wear caps with its name, were given the day off when Trump gave his address.

Maybe Trump officials need to be informed that the USS John McCain is not named after the Senator but his father who was an Admiral

This story has already been debunked......it didn't even take 24 hours to show this story was fake.....
Trump admits it

Somebody did it because they thought I didn't like him, OK?" Trump told reporters at the White House. "And they were well-meaning, I will say ... I didn't know anything about it; I would never have done that."

Donald Trump on shielding USS McCain from view: 'Somebody did it,' but he denies involvement

oddly enough, keeping your head down and not making waves is a shitty way to get ahead even if you are not the boss.

It's the Way of the Bureaucrat and a conservative philosophy.

White House asked for USS John McCain to be 'out of sight' during Trump's visit to Japan: WSJ

The ship has been stationed at the Yokosuka Naval Base near the USS Wasp, where Trump delivered Memorial Day remarks and visited U.S. officers.

Before Trump's address, a tarp was hung over the USS John McCain's name and sailors were reportedly directed to remove any coverings that showed the ship's name. A barge was also reportedly moved near the ship to make it harder to see its name from the USS Wasp.

The Journal also reported that sailors on the ship, who normally wear caps with its name, were given the day off when Trump gave his address.

Maybe Trump officials need to be informed that the USS John McCain is not named after the Senator but his father who was an Admiral

This story has already been debunked......it didn't even take 24 hours to show this story was fake.....
Trump admits it

Somebody did it because they thought I didn't like him, OK?" Trump told reporters at the White House. "And they were well-meaning, I will say ... I didn't know anything about it; I would never have done that."

Donald Trump on shielding USS McCain from view: 'Somebody did it,' but he denies involvement

Evidence isn't accepted.

Now the story is it was some low level emails back and forth
No, the story is that Trump requested it.

That was the original story. Now even CNN isn't saying that.

White House, Navy exchanged emails about keeping USS McCain out of Trump's sight - CNNPolitics

You don't think the White House Military Office is a reflection of the C-in-C? Does it exist in a vacuum?

Get me confirmation that Trump actually asked for this, then i will agree it was an asshole move by him.

Just imho his staff doesn't shit without Trumps permission

More guesswork. You never had an underling try to guess your needs and wants?

White House, Navy exchanged emails about keeping USS McCain out of Trump's sight - CNNPolitics

But it started as accusations directly against him, and that the ship was actually moved, or a tarp was put over it.

If he gets people fired people like you will be mad about THAT.

Don't lie about it. He can't do anything right according to the left.

Get me confirmation that Trump actually asked for this, then i will agree it was an asshole move by him.

-------------------------------------- and thats how it should be . TRUMP runs the USA and all those that 'serb' and cater to him and that includes USA Military like YOU GGator . [NO Zhiting on MY time you government lackeys and Serbers GGator !!]

Trump admits it

He admits to discussions about it at a staff level, unasked for discussions. The original articles stated it actually happened.

That's the poison of "fake news", it's not that it's entirely wrong, but it gets enough wrong so you get the story you want and then ignore any changes that happen as the real story comes out.

Progressives got their "Trump insults a dead man" talking point, and thus mission accomplished.

Where would a putative underling get the idea that such is necessary or desirable? I don't think you're helping yourself. It's still a reflection of lunacy in the White House.

Where would a putative underling get the idea that such is necessary or desirable? I don't think you're helping yourself. It's still a reflection of lunacy in the White House.

So staff level discussions of what the boss may want never happen?

This was quashed at the sub-sub-execution level, and yet the original stories painted it as if it had actually happened.

Turns out this is a fake story.
The WH never requested this.
Yet another false accusation by the media.

Fake News: Trump, Navy, Pentagon All Deny Claim That USS John S. McCain Was Ordered Hidden

Trump: 'I was not informed about' reported request to move USS John McCain

...so Trump is in on spreading these "fake news" too?

Trump says those behind USS McCain directive 'well-meaning,' doing him 'a favor'

Lets go, rip him a new one dawg :rolleyes:
Trump didn't know the story was fake yet.

And yet our dear POTUS found a way to look like a small asshole anyway - it's a gift of his.

-------------------------------------- and thats how it should be . TRUMP runs the USA and all those that 'serb' and cater to him and that includes USA Military like YOU GGator . [NO Zhiting on MY time you government lackeys and Serbers GGator !!]

I am retired military, thus I am not on your time my little drunk buddy.

Fake News: Trump, Navy, Pentagon All Deny Claim That USS John S. McCain Was Ordered Hidden

Trump says those behind USS McCain directive 'well-meaning,' doing him 'a favor'

And yet he found a way to look like a small asshole anyway - it's a gift of his.

So he should fire the underlings who had the discussion? Wouldn't you find some way to be mad at him for that as well?

And yet he found a way to look like a small asshole anyway - it's a gift of his.
He's shared that gift with many of his republican friends here

--------------------------------- and there you go , get some advice from a 'government man' and real risk taker that retired after 20 years in USA Military serbing 'mrobama' and 'clintoon' and 'gwb' amongst other 'scums' while USA Military declined eh !!

You would think the democrat controlled press would at least try to make fake news that couldn't be fact checked in less than 5 minutes....

Trump-McCain Tarpgate: Yet Another Outrage That Wasn't

It's starting to sound like maybe it isn't.

Per @ckubeNBC: A spokesperson for US Pacific Fleet said the picture of the tarp is from Friday and it

was taken down on Saturday.

"All ships remained in normal configuration

during POTUS' visit,” CDR Nate Christensen said. Rebecca Ballhaus on Twitter

— Katy Tur (@KatyTurNBC) May 30, 2019

Admin officials confirm WSJ story. Request was made to make sure McCain ship wasn’t visible. Aides say Trump wasn’t involved in request — but it was made to prevent any potential ire from POTUS. More to come: https://t.co/t4jdW2stMo
— Josh Dawsey (@jdawsey1) May 30, 2019

So the tarp wasn't there during Trump's visit, and he didn't have anything to do with any of it in the first place. These seem like not-insignificant details, if any of this can be called "significant" in the first place.

Don't confuse these TDS afflicted Moon Bats by exposing fake news. They don't like it. They will have to put on their pink pussy hats and go howl at the sky or something.

So staff level discussions of what the boss may want never happen?

This was quashed at the sub-sub-execution level, and yet the original stories painted it as if it had actually happened.

"So staff level discussions of what the boss may want never happen?"

No one said that, but knock yourself out arguing it anyway. I did ask where underlings would get the idea that such was necessary or desirable? Do you think the tone and behavior of the President give rise to that way of thinking?

Forum List

Back