Are You Vaccinated?

• Yes

Votes: 38 60.3%
  • No, and I Don't Plan to be Either

Votes: 24 38.1%
  • Not Yet but I Plan to be

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
The study say's otherwise and I am not taking unnecessary health risks, isn't that the whole idea behind getting a vaccine is. So, with no added benefit, why should I take a risk that would not better my immune system whatsoever and put me at risk for any possible side effects. I weigh all my health decisions on risk/benefit, don't you?

one study. others are saying it's more protective - especially against the variants. seems we are getting further from the original disease as it morphs & splits. & the less vaxxed, the more it mutates.
Like I said, I am not taking the risk, I am not contagious, I am as good as anyone who has taken the shot. I can afford to wait for more and better information. I don't see why you want me to take a vaccine that is, in my opinion not anymore effective than not taking one. Making an informed choice that does not change any risk factors for anyone else should be my choice.

uh-huh. those that do get reinfected after having covid ( it does happen) seems to be because of a variant. that's why....
And there are those that are vaccinated that get Covid, it can happen. Me getting vaccinated, according to the Cleveland Clinic does not lessen my chances, so again, why should I take a risk?

however, when an original covid19 case breaks thru - the symptoms are less severe & hospitalization are minimal. that's undetermined with the variants. look how short a time it took for the south african, brazil, & UK variants to materialise. & delta ( from india ) has become the most prevalent dangerous strain that so far vaccines are protecting against. lots of people that had covid, don't even know they had it but are showing up sick & hospitalized with delta.

the variants are morphing as every day passes & the ones that aren't vaxxed are the drivers. & like i said - the longer unvaxxed people go about their daily lives, thinking they are 'immune' either naturally or some ridiculous notion that their human mortal bodies are 'temples' the more likely a strain will pop up that no one has immunity against & a vaccine may not ever come around.
Take it up with the Cleveland Clinic study, they say you are not correct. They found that people Who have had Covid-19 are not at anymore or less risk than those who took the vaccine. A person that has had Covid-19 is not going to spread it or help it mutate in any way, shape or form. They are just the same as being vaccinated.

Covid-19 took two weeks to Recover from, I know what is like to have it and to get over it. I know I wasn’t a bad case and I could have possibly died like others have. I have done my research on the vaccines, their risks and what my risks are. Vaccines may or may not help you against variants, it is an unknown. In clinical studies, those that have had Covid-19 are not helped by getting the vaccine. So, you are basically telling me to take a risk with no reward, that doesn’t make sense.

Potential reinfection of covid19 from prior infection is roughly 15-20%. This was based on a 150,000+ patient study. Reinfection after vaccination is incredibly remote. We are talking way under 1%. This is because getting antibodies from an infection doesn't not create the same immune response in everyone.

I have O positive blood which provides natural immunity, too some extent. I travel on business, the threat to require “vaccination passport” has been discussed repeatedly and decided to cover my bases. Now that the ugly truth regarding GOF, RNA manipulation, experiments conducted to remove the “natural host barrier” from the origin to animal then man has been exposed I wish I had not. Yet considering the risks associated with this man made virus it is best to defer judgment as to receive this RNA based vaccine to the individual. As for children and the young being subjected to mandatory vaccination protocols this is inexcusable for this segment of the population has demonstrated resistance with very mild infection results. How and why our 21st century Dr Mengele (Fauci) can dictate or influence US Policy regarding the response to this world wide pandemic, knowing full well he was partially responsible for American funding of this research that ushered in this virus is beyond words.
I to am O positive

Just curious because I just came from a Christian forum that thought they were evil for the most part. I'm already vaccinated myself though.
You don't need
Just curious because I just came from a Christian forum that thought they were evil for the most part. I'm already vaccinated myself though.
You don't need a survey to know who is not going to get vaccinated. Basically, it is anyone who does not trust the goverment, supports conspiracy theories, get's all their news from social media, or those in a crisis whose magnitude eclipses the epidemic. It is not just in the US that vaccine hesitancy is a fact of life. It took 200 years of vaccinating the world to eliminate smallpox. We've been vaccinating for polio for over 50 years and still haven't eliminated it.

There's an interesting study published on who is hesitant about vaccines. The study found those who believe the primary reason to take a vaccine is to protect themselves, were hesitant to take the vaccine. Those who believe the primary reason to take the vaccine is to protect their family and friends were likely to take the vaccine. You see this in replies in this thread.

Last edited:
I didn't care to be first in line and wasn't. My first shot was at the end of May, and my second will be some time in late July because they're scheduled eight weeks apart here. I don't care who's vaccinated and not, but I would really prefer anyone who refuses to get it not to be too vocal and try to push that view on others.

I didn't care to be first in line and wasn't. My first shot was at the end of May, and my second will be some time in late July because they're scheduled eight weeks apart here. I don't care who's vaccinated and not, but I would really prefer anyone who refuses to get it not to be too vocal and try to push that view on others.

Agreed with everything you just said as caring about who's vaccinated and who isn't is not the same thing when it comes to just simply asking the question.

Potential reinfection of covid19 from prior infection is roughly 15-20%. This was based on a 150,000+ patient study. Reinfection after vaccination is incredibly remote. We are talking way under 1%. This is because getting antibodies from an infection doesn't not create the same immune response in everyone.

*nods*

Can you find another study that says that?

There is a new variant that makes you way sicker & kills more people, SO far not a big problem but it is causing problems for the British, & is bad in India. Getting the shots made me feel like I did something to help keep the virus from spreading. Am a last resort medicine person so it took me a while to become willing.
son, there will always be a new variant. you should go get another shot. Me, my immune system is far better than yours.
Since the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines have been tested against the know major variants and found 88% effective and there has been no published tests of the effectiveness of natural immunity from infection against the covid variants, I would expect you to reject the vaccines and follow the voices in your head.

Last edited:
I find it so strange that people downplay the risk of infection by inflate the risk of the vaccine?

Like, you realize the side effects are basically all immunologic and such an immunologic effect is far more likely from active infection than from self limiting mRNA vaccine?

I find it so strange that people downplay the risk of infection by inflate the risk of the vaccine?

Like, you realize the side effects are basically all immunologic and such an immunologic effect is far more likely from active infection than from self limiting mRNA vaccine?
Yes... Covid is likely to have the same side effects on someone as the Vaccine with the assumption that the infection was just as strong as the vaccine. I'm... Not sure why anyone would assume that... But it sure sounds good.

Since the mRNA vaccines do their work in a week and disappear from the system and do not effect DNA, side effects appear very soon after injection and are very limited compared to previous vaccines. I believe mRNA will go down as one of the major medical breakthroughs of the the century. It is not only very effective against this virus but can be rapidly adapted to other strains and viruses. Years of development and testing vaccines against viruses before use will become history. The rapid development we saw with this vaccine is likely to be the norm for future virus vaccines.

RNA therapies are in the development pipeline, with around a dozen already being tested in clinical trials. RNA therapies are in use and in development that can be used to personized cancer treatments. Medical science has barely touched the possible applications.

Last edited:
Since the mRNA vaccines do their work in a week and disappear from the system and do not effect DNA, side effects appear very soon after injection and are very limited compared to previous vaccines. I believe mRNA will go down as one of the major medical breakthroughs of the the century. It is not only very effect against this virus but can be rapidly adapted to other strains and viruses. Years of development and testing vaccines against viruses before use will become history. The rapid development with saw with this vaccine is likely to be the norm for future virus vaccines.

RNA therapies are in the development pipeline, with around a dozen already being tested in clinical trials. RNA therapies are in use and in development that can be used to personized cancer treatments. Medical science has barely touched the possible applications.
I agree. I am not willing to be the test animal for it though for something that is like the common flu FOR ME. I'm ok if others do.

O Negative.

Yes... Covid is likely to have the same side effects on someone as the Vaccine with the assumption that the infection was just as strong as the vaccine. I'm... Not sure why anyone would assume that... But it sure sounds good.
I’d say the infection is far stronger than the vaccine. I don’t know why anyone would think otherwise given the infection consists of virus replicating over and over but the vaccine is a set amount of mRNA.

Since the mRNA vaccines do their work in a week and disappear from the system and do not effect DNA, side effects appear very soon after injection and are very limited compared to previous vaccines. I believe mRNA will go down as one of the major medical breakthroughs of the the century. It is not only very effect against this virus but can be rapidly adapted to other strains and viruses. Years of development and testing vaccines against viruses before use will become history. The rapid development with saw with this vaccine is likely to be the norm for future virus vaccines.

I agree. I am not willing to be the test animal for it though for something that is like the common flu FOR ME. I'm ok if others do.

O Negative.
The common flu kills about 50,000 people a year. Covid killed a half million in a year. Not only are the number of deaths far higher with covid than the flu, so are the number hospitalizations, length of hospital stay. after effects. and damage to the lungs.

There are a huge number of covid infections in the US that have only minor symptoms or no symptoms at all. Unfortunately this gives people a false sense of security as they hear that less than 1% of cases result in death and thus covid is really not serious. However, the fact that the virus killed half million people in a year and is likely to surpass the Spanish Flu as the most deadly epidemic in American history should give you a hint as to how serious it really is and how important vaccines are in eliminating it.

I’d say the infection is far stronger than the vaccine. I don’t know why anyone would think otherwise given the infection consists of virus replicating over and over but the vaccine is a set amount of mRNA.
What makes you believe that the cells replicate at the same rate in every person?

Edit: *sighs*

O blood... Hint hint. I'm done talking to you on this.

Forum List

Back