Very Disturbing!: Obama Thanks Muslims 'For Building The Very Fabric Of Our Nation'

Ahmet Ertegün - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Alexander Russell Webb - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Records from the American Revolutionary War indicate that are "at least a few Muslims fought on the American side. Among the recorded names of American soldiersYusuf ben Ali" and "Bampett Muhamed".[27]
The first country to recognize the United States as an independent nation was the Sultanate of Morocco under its ruler Mohammed ben Abdallah, in the year 1777.[28] He maintained several correspondences with President George Washington.

On 9 December 1805, President Thomas Jefferson hosted an Iftar dinner at the White House for his guest Sidi Soliman Mellimelli, an envoy from Tunis.[29]

4?

238 years and you can name 4 Muslims

:eusa_boohoo:

Took two minutes, there are many more; a couple died in Iraq, fighting for the US, many more in Korea, WWII, and WWI.

A sample of all cultures has died in those wars, so im not impressed yet. Got anything else?

Records from the American Revolutionary War indicate that are "at least a few Muslims fought on the American side. Among the recorded names of American soldiersYusuf ben Ali" and "Bampett Muhamed".[27]
The first country to recognize the United States as an independent nation was the Sultanate of Morocco under its ruler Mohammed ben Abdallah, in the year 1777.[28] He maintained several correspondences with President George Washington.

On 9 December 1805, President Thomas Jefferson hosted an Iftar dinner at the White House for his guest Sidi Soliman Mellimelli, an envoy from Tunis.[29]

Hmmm.

Yeah, well, they were the exception — not the rule.

Fuck Muslims.

Not one Muslim was part of our nation building.

Obama Thanks Muslims for ?Building the Very Fabric of Our Nation? | CNS News

In the United States, Eid also reminds us of the many achievements and contributions of Muslim Americans to building the very fabric of our nation and strengthening the core of our democracy.

The word choice here, that anyone built "the very fabric of our nation" would usually sound hackneyed and overplayed - but, in this particular instance, given that the U.S. didn't even have its first Muslim-American congressman until 2007, the peculiar word choice has left some scratching their heads.

Thats because ignorant people dont realize that a conservative estimate has the number of Muslim slaves at 10% of the African slave population. if there were no slaves the US would be Australia.

Anyone who's ever stayed in the hospital should thank Muslims for how they operate. Prior to learning how the Muslims cared for their sick and injured during the Crusades, Christian's ideas about it were largely prayer and happy thoughts. Whereas Muslims received fruits and vegetables, clean bandages and dressings, etc.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand interestingly enough, it tends to be predominantly the acts of Muslims which puts folks in hospitals today.

Fuck Muslims, and fuck Islam.

I will not apologize.

Little of which had any practical application in building the "fabric our nation".

You must be under educated. The Islamic Moors reeducated Europe. The pilgrims brought those ideas with them over to the US. There were Muslims that voyaged over here with Columbus as well.

Captain obvious, it's certain that dissimilar cultures traded technology but to suggest that Moors and Saracens contributed directly to the "fabric of the United States" is a large pile of dog shit because, insofar as I can tell, they never had the same values as our evil white forefathers that you despise. Least of which being a true republic.

KatznDogz thinks our historical relationship with Muslims began on 9/11. :cuckoo:

No, Jefferson was hanging them from the yard arm of our war ships in the early 19th century.

Captain obvious, it's certain that dissimilar cultures traded technology but to suggest that Moors and Saracens contributed directly to the "fabric of the United States" is a large pile of dog shit because, insofar as I can tell, they never had the same values as our evil white forefathers that you despise. Least of which being a true republic.

No look it up. Islam had a very large impact on Europe. Your refusal to accept this just highlights your ignorance. Most people in Europe were illiterate before the Moors. They actually taught Europe all the knowledge that Greece had acquired from Egypt and lost during the dark ages after the fall of Rome. They didnt disregard those teachings. They brought them over to the US.

That has nothing to do with anything genius. I've already stated my position and you chose to ignore it.

Fuck if I know, and I'm way too lazy to look it up. :lol:

Also,you have to take into account that this country was founded by people of Christian upbringing. By their numbers alone they would have obviously contributed more to this nation over the years.
Muslim nation were founded by muslims, yet Christians have contributed more to their nations then muslims have

Also,you have to take into account that this country was founded by people of Christian upbringing. By their numbers alone they would have obviously contributed more to this nation over the years.
Muslim nation were founded by muslims, yet Christians have contributed more to their nations then muslims have

Do tell...

Buying oil doesnt count. They had to get it from somewhere.

Didn't Obama once say...
You think you built that?
You didn't build that.

Now Muslims built this country?

KatznDogz thinks our historical relationship with Muslims began on 9/11. :cuckoo:

No, Jefferson was hanging them from the yard arm of our war ships in the early 19th century.

Good point. Christianity is 500 years older than Islam, but we were hanging Muslims from war ships 200 years ago. And burning women as witches. And owning human beings as property. Christians have a lot of room to talk about their religion's history.

Fazlur_Khan

He received a Fulbright Scholarship and a Pakistan government scholarship, which enabled him to travel to the United States in 1952. There he studied at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. In three years Khan earned two Master's degrees — one in structural engineering and one in theoretical and applied mechanics — and a PhD in structural engineering.[12] with thesis titled Analytical study of relations among various design criteria for rectangular prestressed concrete beams.[13]

Career
Khan helped introduced design methods and concepts for efficient use of material in building architecture. His first building to employ the tube structure was Chestnut De-Witt apartment building.[14]

In 1955, employed by Skidmore, Owings and Merrill, he began working in Chicago, Illinois, USA. He was made a partner in 1966 and became a naturalized American citizen in 1967.[15] During the 1960s and 1970s, he became noted for his designs for Chicago's 100-story John Hancock Center and 108-story Sears Tower, the tallest building in the world in its time. He is also responsible for designing notable buildings in Bangladesh, Australia and Saudi Arabia.

Of his design process, Khan said "When thinking design, I put myself in the place of a whole building, feeling every part. In my mind I visualize the stresses and twisting a building undergoes."[16] He believed that engineers needed a broader perspective on life, saying, "The technical man must not be lost in his own technology; he must be able to appreciate life, and life is art, drama, music, and most importantly, people."[11]

Khan's personal papers, the majority of which were in his office at the time of his death, are held by the Ryerson & Burnham Libraries at the Art Institute of Chicago. The Fazlur Khan Collection includes manuscripts, sketches, audio cassette tapes, slides and other materials regarding his work. The International Association for Life Cycle Civil Engineering named their Life-Cycle Civil Engineering Medal after Khan.[17]

Forum List

Back