Vets protest cuts; GOP will turn on military soon

They let Veitnam vets DIE in the streets all my life.

They refused to give them care and many ended up homeless and self medicating for their healthcare problems.

The right throws them away like trash.

You are mentally ill. Please check your self into a mental hospital.. The only ones who SCREW the military are the damn Democraps.. I have seen it with my OWN eyes and lived it when Hubby was serving his country

The military wastes more money in an hour than most people will see in their lives. We could make tremendous cuts in military spending and still have a ready, viable military. It's the biggest single boondoggle in the budget.

There is alot of waste in the Military.

the last decent republican politicain who got elected to the presidency warned us about it.

I like Ike

facts dont matter to them

Then let us get to the facts.

What cuts have the vets in the OP suffered from as a result of the sequester?

That is what they were protesting.

So...watch the video. Then tell us what cuts they were affected by.

If they are suffering from the cuts, then surely the facts will be in the OP video.

Lay some facts on us!

The reporter in the video in the OP link clearly said that not everyone at the protest was a vet.

bucs, you are projecting a lot of wishful thinking in this topic.

If you listen to what the actual vet in the video says, he has not seen ANY effect from the sequestration. None. He is talking about what he thinks MIGHT happen.

I'm a retired vet, and I am willing to make sacrifices to get our financial house in order. We have a $16 trillion shit sandwich and everyone has to take a bite.

Key word: Everyone.

These attempts to avoid pain are becoming pathological. Pain is unavoidable, folks. You can't party like its 1999 forever and not pay a price for that.

The longer we avoid the pain, the worse it will be.

The middle and lower classes and the elderly have already paid the price. It's someone else's turn.

The reporter in the video in the OP link clearly said that not everyone at the protest was a vet.

If you listen to what the actual vet in the video says, he has not seen ANY effect from the sequestration. None. He is talking about what he thinks MIGHT happen.

I'm a retired vet, and I am willing to make sacrifices to get our financial house in order. We have a $16 trillion shit sandwich and everyone has to take a bite.

These attempts to avoid pain are becoming pathological. Pain is unavoidable, folks. You can't party like its 1999 forever and not pay a price for that.

The middle and lower classes and the elderly have already paid the price. It's someone else's turn.

No, they have not. They have not even begun to pay the price.

Tell me what government services they have lost. Tell me about the higher taxes they are paying.

No one has paid shit. That's why we are $16 trillion in the hole.

Last edited:

Lower classes have seen an increase in unemployment benefits,food stams, health care and other bennies. What price have they paid, other than their independence and dignity, which they willingly gave up?

Tell that to people that lost their insurance when they got sick, and lost their homes and retirement funds when the banks crashed - and had to bail those banks out. Tell that to parents whose schools have had budget cuts so severe that there aren't enough teachers. Tell that tpo poor people that have had their heating assistance stopped. Tell that to poor kids that have had their school lunches stopped. Tell that to all of America while the wealthiest among us keep shipping jobs overseas and putting what should be taxable income into shelters the rest of us can't use.

November 2014 will be a bad month for the right wing.

Tell that to people that lost their insurance when they got sick, and lost their homes and retirement funds when the banks crashed - and had to bail those banks out. Tell that to parents whose schools have had budget cuts so severe that there aren't enough teachers. Tell that tpo poor people that have had their heating assistance stopped. Tell that to poor kids that have had their school lunches stopped. Tell that to all of America while the wealthiest among us keep shipping jobs overseas and putting what should be taxable income into shelters the rest of us can't use.

Show me those people and I'll be glad to tell them.

yep if it comes down to choosing between the vets or their taxpayer-financed defense contractor buddies we all know who they're going to side with. :eusa_whistle:

Show me those people and I'll be glad to tell them.

You want to talk to my mom, my kids, or grandkids first?

yep. Before Obamacare, medical bills accounted for > 60% of all bankruptcies.

Don't bring up facts though :eusa_naughty: because they piss off the Righties even more. :eek:

Tell that to people that lost their insurance when they got sick, and lost their homes and retirement funds when the banks crashed -...

None of which was the result of government spending cuts. Nice attempt at piling on. Try again.

... and had to bail those banks out.

That is an INCREASE is government spending.

Tell that to parents whose schools have had budget cuts so severe that there aren't enough teachers.

That is a state funding problem.

Tell that tpo poor people that have had their heating assistance stopped. Tell that to poor kids that have had their school lunches stopped. Tell that to all of America while the wealthiest among us keep shipping jobs overseas and putting what should be taxable income into shelters the rest of us can't use.

The jobs that are going overseas are jobs that SHOULD go overseas. We are not a nation of lava lamp builders, and lava lamp builders should not be paid the top dollar the protectionist idiots demand.

We are losing our innovative edge which provides the best jobs, and that is the result of the complete corruption of our education system which protects near-illiterate teachers.

And what does it tell you that the biggest discretionary budget cut you can come up with is a heating assistance program which had experienced significant GROWTH in spending before being scaled back?

The military is finally waking up.

Look at campaign contributions for Ron Paul during the primaries and support for Obama during the election.

These things would have been unprecedented even 20 years ago.
Horse shit.

Support for Obama? Where? The military was never a large supporter of Obama. There will be support there, if the military were a hyper partisan group we would have some major problems but they certainly did not support Obama in a large way. Support for Paul? That is support that is FAR further to the right than the current crap we call ‘republicans’ and is certainly no indication that the military is abandoning the right. No, it is far more indicative that the military is waiting for the right to actually, you know, be on the right rather than the left.

yep. Before Obamacare, medical bills accounted for > 60% of all bankruptcies.

Don't bring up facts though :eusa_naughty: because they piss off the Righties even more. :eek:
And not that Obamacare is here, how have those numbers changed? Your ‘facts’ are meaningless when you only bring half of them to the table.

The military is not abandoning the right to swing left. It simply is not going to haoppen. You are essentially saying that people in the military are going to change their core beliefs because of the budget cuts. Even if they abandon the right, they are only going to abandon it by going further right, not left. The Republican Party is not going to abandon the military either. They have been, from the beginning, demanding that the cuts in the military be removed or at the very least lessened. This falls directly in with what the republicans have been asking for the entire time. I fail to see how any protests that actually are in line with the republican talking points will somehow make the republican politicians abandon the military. The idea is rather insane.

Lastly, I know from personal experience that the makeup of the military is most certainly not democrat and not changing to democrat any time soon. I know of 3, that’s right, just 3 people in my work center that are liberals (and one would flat out deny that he is) out of over 30. There might be a few more but the reality is that the majority is not democratic or ever leaning that direction. Just one of those democrats is actively angered by the sequestration. The other 2 are actually for it and the rest of the people in my workcenter, also behind sequestration. We are also all affected by it. All of us. Unlike the vets, the active side is taking cuts and the civilians in my workcenter even more so. Further, I am AF and I know that we are far more ‘liberal’ than my army and marine counterparts. They can get downright fervent in their political leanings.

Still waiting on those facts. What horrible things are happening to the vets in the OP as a result of sequestration?

None. Nada. Nothing.

It's just a bunch of people who want to protest "the rich".

So true. I am out of rep for you but this post is spot on.

We ALL need to take a bite and I am more than willing to take that bite. The sad truth is that the vast majority of people simply are not willing to though. That is why we are going to manage to spend a LOT more this year than we did last even with sequestration. We have not even started to eat that sandwich at this moment. Not even close.

The military wastes more money in an hour than most people will see in their lives. We could make tremendous cuts in military spending and still have a ready, viable military. It's the biggest single boondoggle in the budget.

First sane thing I've ever seen you post. :eek:

Forum List

Back