Video: Ingraham returns slams the chilling effect of free speech

To which he was offended and then exercised his freedom of speech to motivate folks to boycott her sponsors. Which she then framed as a “Stalinist” maneuver to rob her of her First Amendment rights. She’s actually bitching about the left employing thuggish vernacular to shame the right into silence by resorting to thuggish vernacular herself to shame the left into silence; because when the left spoke up against her, it hit her where it hurts — her pocketbook.

Irrelevant. I'm not disputing anyone's rights or excusing Ingraham's later words and actions. If Hogg and so many others had not misconstrued what she said and overreacted in the first place, it would have just been a hiccup in the news.

"Whining" was her characterization, and it was intended to demean.

Even if it was, his remark that politicians are "pathetic fuckers who want to see more children killed" was not intended to demean? And Jimmy Kimmel's mocking of Melania's accent was that not intended to demean? I don't hear any of Ingraham's critics even mentioning that.

One has nothing to with the other, but I encourage you to go after Jimmy Kimmel if you want.

Hogg said, "It's disappointing," and Ingraham characterized that as "whining" to devalue him and his opinions. He "hit back", as Trumpkins like to say. She had her say, he had his. I really don't get why righties are upset about it. If Ms. Ingraham is going to throw cow patties in cyberspace, she has to learn to take her lumps.

View attachment 187337

The bad lady said I whined. Bwahhhhhhhh.
Ruin her career, now! Bwahhhhhhh.

She's the person who thought Hogg's college rejections were worthy of snark. She's also the person responsible for her career.

Language: A Key Mechanism of Control

Newt Gingrich's 1996 GOPAC memo

Contrasting Words

Often we search hard for words to define our opponents. Sometimes we are hesitant to use contrast. Remember that creating a difference helps you. These are powerful words that can create a clear and easily understood contrast. Apply these to the opponent, their record, proposals and their party.

• abuse of power
    • anti- (issue): flag, family, child, jobs
    • betray
    • bizarre
    • bosses
    • bureaucracy
    • cheat
    • coercion
    • "compassion" is not enough
    • collapse(ing)
    • consequences
    • corrupt
    • corruption
    • criminal rights
    • crisis
    • cynicism
    • decay
    • deeper
    • destroy
    • destructive
    • devour
    • disgrace
    • endanger
    • excuses
    • failure (fail)
    • greed
    • hypocrisy
    • ideological
    • impose
    • incompetent
    • insecure
    • insensitive

• intolerant
    • liberal
    • lie
    • limit(s)
    • machine
    • mandate(s)
    • obsolete
    • pathetic
    • patronage
    • permissive attitude
    • pessimistic
    • punish (poor ...)
    • radical
    • red tape
    • self-serving
    • selfish
    • sensationalists
    • shallow
    • shame
    • sick
    • spend(ing)
    • stagnation
    • status quo
    • steal
    • taxes
    • they/them
    • threaten
    • traitors
    • unionized
    • urgent (cy)
    • waste
    • welfare
To fully play the victim card on Ingraham's behalf, you should point out she's a single mom, but you should omit her net worth of $45 million. She has made a literal fortune fomenting anger and hate. And not once did anyone interfere with her free speech rights.

Irrelevant. I'm not disputing anyone's rights or excusing Ingraham's later words and actions. If Hogg and so many others had not misconstrued what she said and overreacted in the first place, it would have just been a hiccup in the news.

Even if it was, his remark that politicians are "pathetic fuckers who want to see more children killed" was not intended to demean? And Jimmy Kimmel's mocking of Melania's accent was that not intended to demean? I don't hear any of Ingraham's critics even mentioning that.

One has nothing to with the other, but I encourage you to go after Jimmy Kimmel if you want.

Hogg said, "It's disappointing," and Ingraham characterized that as "whining" to devalue him and his opinions. He "hit back", as Trumpkins like to say. She had her say, he had his. I really don't get why righties are upset about it. If Ms. Ingraham is going to throw cow patties in cyberspace, she has to learn to take her lumps.

View attachment 187337

She's the person who thought Hogg's college rejections were worthy of snark. She's also the person responsible for her career.

Contrasting Words

Often we search hard for words to define our opponents. Sometimes we are hesitant to use contrast. Remember that creating a difference helps you. These are powerful words that can create a clear and easily understood contrast. Apply these to the opponent, their record, proposals and their party.

• abuse of power
    • betray
    • bizarre
    • bosses
    • bureaucracy
    • cheat
    • coercion
    • collapse(ing)
    • consequences
    • corrupt
    • corruption
    • criminal rights
    • crisis
    • cynicism
    • decay
    • deeper
    • destroy
    • destructive
    • devour
    • disgrace
    • endanger
    • excuses
    • failure (fail)
    • greed
    • hypocrisy
    • ideological
    • impose
    • incompetent
    • insecure
    • insensitive

• intolerant
    • liberal
    • lie
    • limit(s)
    • machine
    • mandate(s)
    • obsolete
    • pathetic
    • patronage
    • permissive attitude
    • pessimistic
    • punish (poor ...)
    • radical
    • red tape
    • self-serving
    • selfish
    • sensationalists
    • shallow
    • shame
    • sick
    • spend(ing)
    • stagnation
    • status quo
    • steal
    • taxes
    • they/them
    • threaten
    • traitors
    • unionized
    • urgent (cy)
    • waste
    • welfare
To fully play the victim card on Ingraham's behalf, you should point out she's a single mom, but you should omit her net worth of $45 million. She has made a literal fortune fomenting anger and hate. And not once did anyone interfere with her free speech rights.
That’s all irrelevant. The bottom line is she said Hogg whined, and he’s such an outrageous snowflake, he thought that comment warranted trying to ruin her career.
You REALLY don’t get more pathetic than that.

View attachment 187337

Contrasting Words

• abuse of power
    • betray
    • bizarre
    • bosses
    • bureaucracy
    • cheat
    • coercion
    • collapse(ing)
    • consequences
    • corrupt
    • corruption
    • criminal rights
    • crisis
    • cynicism
    • decay
    • deeper
    • destroy
    • destructive
    • devour
    • disgrace
    • endanger
    • excuses
    • failure (fail)
    • greed
    • hypocrisy
    • ideological
    • impose
    • incompetent
    • insecure
    • insensitive

• intolerant
    • liberal
    • lie
    • limit(s)
    • machine
    • mandate(s)
    • obsolete
    • pathetic
    • patronage
    • permissive attitude
    • pessimistic
    • punish (poor ...)
    • radical
    • red tape
    • self-serving
    • selfish
    • sensationalists
    • shallow
    • shame
    • sick
    • spend(ing)
    • stagnation
    • status quo
    • steal
    • taxes
    • they/them
    • threaten
    • traitors
    • unionized
    • urgent (cy)
    • waste
    • welfare
That’s all irrelevant. The bottom line is she said Hogg whined, and he’s such an outrageous snowflake, he thought that comment warranted trying to ruin her career.

trumpswabs always think reality is irrelevant

they're funny that way

View attachment 187337

Contrasting Words

• abuse of power
    • betray
    • bizarre
    • bosses
    • bureaucracy
    • cheat
    • coercion
    • collapse(ing)
    • consequences
    • corrupt
    • corruption
    • criminal rights
    • crisis
    • cynicism
    • decay
    • deeper
    • destroy
    • destructive
    • devour
    • disgrace
    • endanger
    • excuses
    • failure (fail)
    • greed
    • hypocrisy
    • ideological
    • impose
    • incompetent
    • insecure
    • insensitive

• intolerant
    • liberal
    • lie
    • limit(s)
    • machine
    • mandate(s)
    • obsolete
    • pathetic
    • patronage
    • permissive attitude
    • pessimistic
    • punish (poor ...)
    • radical
    • red tape
    • self-serving
    • selfish
    • sensationalists
    • shallow
    • shame
    • sick
    • spend(ing)
    • stagnation
    • status quo
    • steal
    • taxes
    • they/them
    • threaten
    • traitors
    • unionized
    • urgent (cy)
    • waste
    • welfare

Tell it to Ingraham's former sponsors.

View attachment 187337

Contrasting Words

• abuse of power
    • betray
    • bizarre
    • bosses
    • bureaucracy
    • cheat
    • coercion
    • collapse(ing)
    • consequences
    • corrupt
    • corruption
    • criminal rights
    • crisis
    • cynicism
    • decay
    • deeper
    • destroy
    • destructive
    • devour
    • disgrace
    • endanger
    • excuses
    • failure (fail)
    • greed
    • hypocrisy
    • ideological
    • impose
    • incompetent
    • insecure
    • insensitive

• intolerant
    • liberal
    • lie
    • limit(s)
    • machine
    • mandate(s)
    • obsolete
    • pathetic
    • patronage
    • permissive attitude
    • pessimistic
    • punish (poor ...)
    • radical
    • red tape
    • self-serving
    • selfish
    • sensationalists
    • shallow
    • shame
    • sick
    • spend(ing)
    • stagnation
    • status quo
    • steal
    • taxes
    • they/them
    • threaten
    • traitors
    • unionized
    • urgent (cy)
    • waste
    • welfare

trumpswabs always think reality is irrelevant

they're funny that way

No shit.

She made the comment about UCLA in her “apology”, wherein she tried to justify attacking a 17 year old.

Wrong. This is the text of the original Tweet that sent Hogg over the edge:

"David Hogg Rejected By Four Colleges To Which He Applied and whines about it. (Dinged by UCLA with a 4.1 GPA...totally predictable given acceptance rates.)"

She mocked him for whining about it and even went on to acknowledge his high GPA.
To which he was offended and then exercised his freedom of speech to motivate folks to boycott her sponsors. Which she then framed as a “Stalinist” maneuver to rob her of her First Amendment rights. She’s actually bitching about the left employing thuggish vernacular to shame the right into silence by resorting to thuggish vernacular herself to shame the left into silence; because when the left spoke up against her, it hit her where it hurts — her pocketbook.

Irrelevant. I'm not disputing anyone's rights or excusing Ingraham's later words and actions. If Hogg and so many others had not misconstrued what she said and overreacted in the first place, it would have just been a hiccup in the news. She didn't say anything that warranted this firestorm.
Hogg felt that it was a personal attack. You’re welcome to disagree with him but you’re in no position to tell him how to feel about it.

To begin with, I never said or suggested in any way that Hogg should feel one way or the other. Secondly, Hogg took it as a mocking of his not getting into these colleges and it simply was not. He conflated her words and meaning into something entirely different. So you'll forgive me if I'm not moved by his tantrums.
Of course you’re saying how Hogg should feel about it. You’re saying Ingraham’s comment was nothing to you, so Hogg overreacted.

Again, you don’t get to tell Hogg how to feel about her comment. And no one cares if you think he overreacted, so there’s nothing really to forgive. Many people agreed with how he took her comment and 19 advertisers agreed as well.

View attachment 187337

Contrasting Words

• abuse of power
    • betray
    • bizarre
    • bosses
    • bureaucracy
    • cheat
    • coercion
    • collapse(ing)
    • consequences
    • corrupt
    • corruption
    • criminal rights
    • crisis
    • cynicism
    • decay
    • deeper
    • destroy
    • destructive
    • devour
    • disgrace
    • endanger
    • excuses
    • failure (fail)
    • greed
    • hypocrisy
    • ideological
    • impose
    • incompetent
    • insecure
    • insensitive

• intolerant
    • liberal
    • lie
    • limit(s)
    • machine
    • mandate(s)
    • obsolete
    • pathetic
    • patronage
    • permissive attitude
    • pessimistic
    • punish (poor ...)
    • radical
    • red tape
    • self-serving
    • selfish
    • sensationalists
    • shallow
    • shame
    • sick
    • spend(ing)
    • stagnation
    • status quo
    • steal
    • taxes
    • they/them
    • threaten
    • traitors
    • unionized
    • urgent (cy)
    • waste
    • welfare
And 19 corporations agreed with Hogg.

10gjv68.jpg

View attachment 187337

Contrasting Words

• abuse of power
    • betray
    • bizarre
    • bosses
    • bureaucracy
    • cheat
    • coercion
    • collapse(ing)
    • consequences
    • corrupt
    • corruption
    • criminal rights
    • crisis
    • cynicism
    • decay
    • deeper
    • destroy
    • destructive
    • devour
    • disgrace
    • endanger
    • excuses
    • failure (fail)
    • greed
    • hypocrisy
    • ideological
    • impose
    • incompetent
    • insecure
    • insensitive

• intolerant
    • liberal
    • lie
    • limit(s)
    • machine
    • mandate(s)
    • obsolete
    • pathetic
    • patronage
    • permissive attitude
    • pessimistic
    • punish (poor ...)
    • radical
    • red tape
    • self-serving
    • selfish
    • sensationalists
    • shallow
    • shame
    • sick
    • spend(ing)
    • stagnation
    • status quo
    • steal
    • taxes
    • they/them
    • threaten
    • traitors
    • unionized
    • urgent (cy)
    • waste
    • welfare
And 19 corporations agreed with Hogg.

10gjv68.jpg
I never said there was a shortage of snowflakes.

All she did was mention that he whined about not getting into a few colleges

She has said some reprehensible stuff but, she got boycotted for that?

LOL.

I've never seen her show and I don't know anything about what she's said before but in this particular case, I think Hogg overreacted.

She went out of her way, with her followers, to try to humiliate and laugh at David Hogg, which had absolutely nothing to do with arguing the argument of his or her own stances on the issue. She did what all bullies do, instead of being the adult in the room....and sponsors called her on it.

Good on her! People need to stand up to the Marxism of the left and the moronic Democrat dupes who enable that shit.
Democrats need to go create their USSR somewhere else. No more in my backyard.
Fuck off. The left has just as much right to freedom of speech as the right.
And no one is denying that. This is about the left stifling opposing speech. Marxist. When you lefties can’t handle facts and analysis, when you can’t rebut, you resort to censorship.
Go build your USSR somewhere else.
What a fucking panty waiste half the fucken people are on here. The left is not sensoring any fucken thing. They hold no seats and hold no power. Lets not be fucking children, with out the votes to get the office you have no power!!!! That is just the way it is. Sensorship my ass, controling the FBI my ass, controling any thing my ass! No power no control. Take stupid bull shit and shove it up your ass! No power no control! Repeat after me , No power no control! Any body remember the Dixie chicks? You run your mouth you are pissing off half of America and they will not support you! It has always been that way
Get out o’ Dodge! Media is controlled by Democrats (my iPhone spellchecker capitalizes Democrat but not republican) and the left weaponizes language. PC is a left wing thing. That is insidious and pervasive censorship. Save your phony outrage for some Democrat dupe.

She didnt even do anything out of line IMO Dont get involved if you cant take it. I mean, what kind of dumbass...?
It just shows what thin skin that child has. Also, those advertisers that got manipulated or towed that little twats line, is just as pathetic.

I agree she mentioned, in a mocking demeanor, a highly ignorant and arrogant child didn’t get into a few colleges! Oh the horror.

Worse is said on MSNBC each and every night, yet no calls to boycott advertisers there. If you don’t like what they are saying then don’t watch it! Plain and simple.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

She didnt even do anything out of line IMO Dont get involved if you cant take it. I mean, what kind of dumbass...?
It just shows what thin skin that child has. Also, those advertisers that got manipulated or towed that little twats line, is just as pathetic.

I agree she mentioned, in a mocking demeanor, a highly ignorant and arrogant child didn’t get into a few colleges! Oh the horror.

Worse is said on MSNBC each and every night, yet no calls to boycott advertisers there. If you don’t like what they are saying then don’t watch it! Plain and simple.

Oh? And if a nationally recognized personality said some about you, which you took to be offensive, you would just ignore it and let it stand unopposed?

"David Hogg Rejected By Four Colleges To Which He Applied and whines about it. (Dinged by UCLA with a 4.1 GPA...totally predictable given acceptance rates.)"

She mocked him for whining about it and even went on to acknowledge his high GPA.

One has nothing to with the other,

It does if you criticize Ingraham for her remarks about Hogg but not Kimmel's for his mocking of Melania Trump's accent.

but I encourage you to go after Jimmy Kimmel if you want.

I just might. But what I want to know is why you and everyone here asking for Ingraham to get flayed for insulting someone are not also going after Kimmel.

Hogg said, "It's disappointing," and Ingraham characterized that as "whining" to devalue him and his opinions. He "hit back", as Trumpkins like to say. She had her say, he had his. I really don't get why righties are upset about it.
By the same token, I really don't see why lefties are upset about Ingraham's remarks.

If Ms. Ingraham is going to throw cow patties in cyberspace, she has to learn to take her lumps.

The same goes for him. Hogg is not a total innocent. He's said some pretty insulting things himself.

Irrelevant. I'm not disputing anyone's rights or excusing Ingraham's later words and actions. If Hogg and so many others had not misconstrued what she said and overreacted in the first place, it would have just been a hiccup in the news. She didn't say anything that warranted this firestorm.
Hogg felt that it was a personal attack. You’re welcome to disagree with him but you’re in no position to tell him how to feel about it.

To begin with, I never said or suggested in any way that Hogg should feel one way or the other. Secondly, Hogg took it as a mocking of his not getting into these colleges and it simply was not. He conflated her words and meaning into something entirely different. So you'll forgive me if I'm not moved by his tantrums.

And then you go on to tell us how Hogg should have interpreted her remarks.

Given that she did not mock him for not getting into these colleges as he made it out to be, don't you think someone should correct him or at least explain how to interpret plain English?

While you’re entitled to defend her bullying any way you want, I’m free to think that she intended to shame and humiliate Hogg and expose him to ridicule.

I would hardly characterize her remarks as bullying. Conflate much?

View attachment 187337

She's the person who thought Hogg's college rejections were worthy of snark.

She didn't mock him for not getting into the colleges.

LOL.

I've never seen her show and I don't know anything about what she's said before but in this particular case, I think Hogg overreacted.

She went out of her way, with her followers, to try to humiliate and laugh at David Hogg, which had absolutely nothing to do with arguing the argument of his or her own stances on the issue. She did what all bullies do, instead of being the adult in the room....and sponsors called her on it.

Well that's Kharma for you. You're right, it is the standard for Bullies and Faux News. They should have been called on that long ago, but she picked on the right guy at the right time, I guess.

Of course you’re saying how Hogg should feel about it. You’re saying Ingraham’s comment was nothing to you, so Hogg overreacted.

Okay, I won't tell Hogg how to feel about it but can I tell him how to interpret her remarks? I can at least do that much can't I? Hogg made it out like she was mocking him for not getting into these colleges when any idiot with a grade school grasp of the English language can see that she did not.

Again, you don’t get to tell Hogg how to feel about her comment. And no one cares if you think he overreacted, so there’s nothing really to forgive. Many people agreed with how he took her comment and 19 advertisers agreed as well.

You're not so naive as to think they dropped her because of her remarks are you? All they're doing is a preemptive boycott before they get boycotted by their consumers. Because they know and I know and you know that if they had not pulled their advertising from her show, Hogg and/or others would have called for a boycott on their products.

LOL.

Her followers had nothing to do with it. They were her remarks and hers alone.

That said, she mocked his whining, not his failure to get into these schools as he made it out to be.

Oh? And if a nationally recognized personality said some about you, which you took to be offensive, you would just ignore it and let it stand unopposed?
She said he whined. How heinous.
It’s completely ignorable - unless you’re a snowflake leftard, of course.
Then you try to ruin careers.
Lol.

Forum List

Back