Virginia Allows Felons Right to Vote, Serve on Jury and Hold Office

The Left need criminals running lose in order to grab guns from law abiding citizens.

What drives the decisions the Left makes is always the same: power.

Everyone knows who felons will vote for:

"Jail survey: 7 in 10 felons register as Democrats
....most convicts register Democratic, a key reason in why liberal lawmakers and governors are eager for them to get back into the voting booth after their release.

... in some states, felons register Democratic by more than six-to-one. In New York, for example, 61.5 percent of convicts are Democrats, just 9 percent Republican. They also cited a study that found 73 percent of convicts who turn out for presidential elections would vote Democrat.

the following Democrat-to-Republican breakdown in felon party registration patterns:

– New York: 61.5 percent register Democratic, 9 percent register Republican

– New Mexico: 51.9 percent Democratic, 10.2 percent Republican

– North Carolina: 54.6 percent Democratic, 10.2 percent Republican"
White House threatens to veto House energy bill

It is as simple as that: the Democrats/Left couldn't care less about honest, hard working, law abiding citizens.
Refreshingly honest... Your objection to them voting is predominately based out of fear that they will vote against you. Their previous conviction is merely the excuse to silence their political voice. Gee... I can’t imagine why they would vote against you... Lol.
Get better ideas. Good thing you, and your fearful position isn’t representative of all of us conservatives, and Republicans. Our party would be in the shitter like the Dems. Better ideas wins elections. Not silencing those who might vote against you...
Why do you want felons to have assault rifles?
All free men should be armed.
Yep, put armed rapists and pedophiles in schools if they served their time!
Last I checked being in a school wasn’t an enumerated right. But alas...That’s the second deflection from my post that YOU quoted. Too cowardly to address the content?

As an American who is concerned for the safety of other Americans, and one who eschews the childish vulgarity that Leftists default to at every occasion, I am in agreement with that poster, and, in fact, with every truth that irritates dolts like you.
The Left need criminals running lose in order to grab guns from law abiding citizens.

....most convicts register Democratic, a key reason in why liberal lawmakers and governors are eager for them to get back into the voting booth after their release.

... in some states, felons register Democratic by more than six-to-one. In New York, for example, 61.5 percent of convicts are Democrats, just 9 percent Republican. They also cited a study that found 73 percent of convicts who turn out for presidential elections would vote Democrat.

the following Democrat-to-Republican breakdown in felon party registration patterns:

It is as simple as that: the Democrats/Left couldn't care less about honest, hard working, law abiding citizens.
Refreshingly honest... Your objection to them voting is predominately based out of fear that they will vote against you. Their previous conviction is merely the excuse to silence their political voice. Gee... I can’t imagine why they would vote against you... Lol.
Get better ideas. Good thing you, and your fearful position isn’t representative of all of us conservatives, and Republicans. Our party would be in the shitter like the Dems. Better ideas wins elections. Not silencing those who might vote against you...

All free men should be armed.

Wrong, all citizens who are sober, sane and law abiding should be allowed to own or possess a firearm or other defensive weapon to protect their family, home or business.

As a Virginian, let me just say we don't give a flying fuck what you think. Don't move here. We are fine with that. None of us are moving.

As an American who is concerned for the safety of other Americans, and one who eschews the childish vulgarity that Leftists default to at every occasion, I am in agreement with that poster, and, in fact, with every truth that irritates dolts like you.

Why does YOUR OWN TITLE cite "the right to vote, serve on juries and hold office" and yet as soon as you found out there's no K in Virginia all you have to say for yourself is "duh, guns"?

If they have served their time, yeah I can see rights being restored. However, I'd never restore rights to murderers, child molestors, rapists.

Why does YOUR OWN TITLE cite "the right to vote, serve on juries and hold office" and yet as soon as you found out there's no K in Virginia all you have to say for yourself is "duh, guns"?
How come you refuse Constitutional Rights to Americans?

Everyone seems to dance around the obvious. We lack sufficient punishments for the worst amongst us. Precious few of the deserving are executed. Our entire criminal justice system needs reforming . Including our penal system, and our concept of just punishment.

How come you refuse Constitutional Rights to Americans?

Linkie?

No, of course not linkie. Fucking liar.

In my opinion, anyone who serves out their sentence should be free and clear from continued punishment. They have paid their debt to society.

I'm not talking early release. If someone gets 10 years in prison, is released after 6 for good behavior, he/she must wait the entire 10 years before any Civil Rights are restored...including any probation.

The 22,205 felons will now have the right to vote, serve on a jury, and run for public office.

Any tax paying Americans left in the electricity free rust State will be exiting soon.

Gov. Northam says he's restored civil rights to 22K felons

As a Virginian, let me just say we don't give a flying fuck what you think. Don't move here. We are fine with that. None of us are moving.

Heart-breakingly stupid.

Unlike you and the Democrats, I don't favor criminals having a hand in determining policy.....like disarming honest citizens.

In my opinion, anyone who serves out their sentence should be free and clear from continued punishment. They have paid their debt to society.

I'm not talking early release. If someone gets 10 years in prison, is released after 6 for good behavior, he/she must wait the entire 10 years before any Civil Rights are restored...including any probation.
Depends on the crime to me.

Voter fraud, you don't vote anymore.
Gun problems, you don't get that back.

Heart-breakingly stupid.

Unlike you and the Democrats, I don't favor criminals having a hand in determining policy.....like disarming honest citizens.
Your rebuttal comes one post too little, one post too late. You’ve already shown your hand...

Heart-breakingly stupid.

Your rebuttal comes one post too little, one post too late. You’ve already shown your hand...

The usual Liberal response to truth.

Bet you'er a government school grad, huh?

Heart-breakingly stupid.

The usual Liberal response to truth.

Bet you'er a government school grad, huh?
7C299BE0-E97E-4BD3-9B4B-5ADCD17A71FA.jpeg

Democrats.....the felon's party....

Their plan is to simply release convicted criminals.

"AOC Wants to Abolish Prisons
...saying that lawmakers needed to explore the mass release of America's prison population.

"Mass incarceration is our American reality," she said in a tweet. "It is a system whose logic evolved from the same lineage as Jim Crow, American apartheid, & slavery. To end it, we have to change. That means we need to have a real conversation about decarceration & prison abolition in this country."

"A cage is a cage is a cage. And humans don’t belong in them," she added in a follow-up tweet."

Ocasio-Cortez: Let's Abolish Prison

Forum List

Back