Voice of Russia

In the New Year holidays, Russians spent almost trillion rubles (more than $17 billion) on shopping, with a considerable share of jewelry and fur coats. About 7 million people made purchases directly on New Year's Eve.

We had more modest gifts for this new year :) We gave my daughter a microscope and gold earrings, my son two sets of steam locomotives from the series "Thomas and Friends", I gave my wife a set of glasses for wine. Well, I bought myself MFU (color laser printer / scanner / copier) :)

In the New Year holidays, Russians spent almost trillion rubles (more than $17 billion) on shopping, with a considerable share of jewelry and fur coats. About 7 million people made purchases directly on New Year's Eve.

We had more modest gifts for this new year :) We gave my daughter a microscope and gold earrings, my son two sets of steam locomotives from the series "Thomas and Friends", I gave my wife a set of glasses for wine. Well, I bought myself MFU (color laser printer / scanner / copier) :)
736496.jpg

71754_91402.jpg

Continuing the theme of swimming in the ice hole in Epiphany frosts :) In Russia, the Baptism of Jesus came and, as always, the frosts struck. Although this year the frost is weaker than usual, in the daytime the temperature in Moscow does not drop to 14 °F (-10 °C). Two things are interesting with respect to tradition.

First, Epiphany bathing was in Yakutia, where now the temperature drops to -60 °F (-50 °C) :) Of course, the situation is saved by the fact that the temperature of liquid water can never be below 0 °C (32 °F), and a tent is placed above the hole, but it's still extreme, in my opinion :D

0_30e6d4_9889bfa6_orig.jpg

80991.jpg

1sha0155.jpg

Secondly, this year Putin was swimming in the ice-hole. Although so far only one photo in the media has been published, but still a good move :D

2a3757363fd222ddd091a481690ad094.jpg

And we with the children, of course, people who are afraid of cold more civilized, we did not go swimming, but went for a drive on a sled from a hill :)

Such a snow make-up appears in the girls in Yakutia, while they go from home to work at a temperature of -53 °F (-47 °C) :)

uCvHotuGtLQFkdOK.jpg

mnemonic said:
The easiest way to manipulate the masses is to ignite emotional response.
It is very hard to think rationally and critically when its fogged by strong emotions.
Or to have a civilised dialog.
Therefore tribalism is very desirable thing to ignite, because you allienate people who you disagree with and not allow them (or yourself) have a chance to see the other one's point of view.
Divide and conquer.

One of the reasons I came to English-speaking forums three years ago. As soon as the electronic translators began to allow this. (Since I know English only at the level of reading technical documentation :)) Western media, show a very one-sided and distorted picture of Russia. And it builds a natural one-sided iron curtain. It is very simple to abstractly hate someone unfamiliar. But it's harder to hate someone you know. The Russians are in a somewhat more favorable position. There are a lot of Western media in Russia. We watch western films. We read modern Western literature. Tens of millions of Russians communicate on the Internet, which, for the time being, has no boundaries. Therefore, we in Russia represent what the West is living and Russian official propaganda affects us much less. In addition, many people in Russia have remained immune to state propaganda since the time of the USSR. In the West, the picture is quite different. Western users do not go to Russian sites. Do not watch the Russian media. Blindly believe what is said in the Western media. Although here some blow struck the last scandals with Trump. But still, the belief in official sources in the West, at times, is simply amazing. So I'm trying to build a bridge. No, the bridge is an exaggeration. I try to put my small plaque on the construction of such a bridge :) Well, since I write something like that in English-language forums, so that my translations into English are not lost and did not disappear, at the same time I write many of my notes here, in ZeroNet in my "Broken-English" blog :)

In Russia this week, two high-profile news. Curious and tragic. I'll start with the curious. Cadets of the flying school in the city of Ulyanovsk released such a clip.

Given the Russian aversion to public propaganda of all homosexual-like, a big scandal has turned out. Even the authorities had a split. Someone demanded immediately to exclude them from the flying school. Someone defended the ways of self-expression. However, there were no reasons for excluding them from the school, a lot of imitators of both sexes appeared, so that the scandal languidly subsided.

Other news is tragic. January 15, immediately after the beginning of classes in schools, in the city of Perm in the school there was an attack with knives. Two students of the senior classes, under the influence of the massacre at Columbine School, decided to repeat the feat in Russia. They with knives attacked pupils of elementary grades of the school and planned to kill then each other. Fortunately, they could not kill anybody, wounded the teacher and about a dozen children. They could not kill themselves and were detained by the police. Some of the wounded are still in serious condition.

Yesterday another school, already the city of Ulan-Ude, two more schoolchildren, under the influence of the previous case, committed an attack in their school. Armed with a Molotov cocktail, a knife and an ax. Five wounded. Some are seriously wounded.

Most of all in both cases, the teachers suffered, which closed their bodies from the knives of their children.

Such a snow make-up appears in the girls in Yakutia, while they go from home to work at a temperature of -53 °F (-47 °C) :)

View attachment 172266
you got this picture from Sputnik.ru great news that Yakuts are majority there again , so your time is counted

here some other real pictures from Yakutia Sokha

D0p1YsCWtD.jpg

main_thumb.jpg

One of the reasons I came to English-speaking forums three years ago. As soon as the electronic translators began to allow this. (Since I know English only at the level of reading technical documentation :)) Western media, show a very one-sided and distorted picture of Russia. And it builds a natural one-sided iron curtain. It is very simple to abstractly hate someone unfamiliar. But it's harder to hate someone you know. The Russians are in a somewhat more favorable position. There are a lot of Western media in Russia. We watch western films. We read modern Western literature. Tens of millions of Russians communicate on the Internet, which, for the time being, has no boundaries. Therefore, we in Russia represent what the West is living and Russian official propaganda affects us much less. In addition, many people in Russia have remained immune to state propaganda since the time of the USSR. In the West, the picture is quite different. Western users do not go to Russian sites. Do not watch the Russian media. Blindly believe what is said in the Western media. Although here some blow struck the last scandals with Trump. But still, the belief in official sources in the West, at times, is simply amazing. So I'm trying to build a bridge. No, the bridge is an exaggeration. I try to put my small plaque on the construction of such a bridge :) Well, since I write something like that in English-language forums, so that my translations into English are not lost and did not disappear, at the same time I write many of my notes here, in ZeroNet in my "Broken-English" blog :)

In my daily life, among friends, family and acquaintances...in our small corner of the world, 'hatred' for Russians does not exist. There is a longstanding distrust or skepticism of Russian leadership that dates back to 1960's, perhaps earlier. I can remember Khrushchev, the Cuban Missile Crises and the Berlin Wall, and I'm not all that old. There was great hope among Americans that Russians would finally be able to shed the shackles of Soviet communism in the late '80's. That Russians are living a better, cleaner, freer life than under the Soviets, is good.

I believe that most Americans still wish the best for the people of Russia while some political leaders are using Russia as a scapegoat for their own shortcomings - as I believe that Putin in some measure plays up the 'hatred' angle to the people of Russia as a distraction. What you see and hear in much of American media is seldom representative of the American people - but rather have become opinion pieces promoting a political agenda.

Helping to construct and fortify bridges is a good thing - have you been made to feel welcome on this English-speaking forum? I hope so.

Forum List

Back