Voter I.D. law supresses the vote...that is why they had record vote turnout in Wisconsin, right?

"Then let's do away with driver's licenses and state ids." That's a petulant response.

I remember in the 1970s when we conservatives used to point out that in Communist Russia you needed three forms of government papers to travel across that country. It was a point of pride we could travel anywhere in America without any ID at all.

We have surrendered a great many of our liberties and freedoms in the name of "security". The modern pseudo-conservative is a fearful, terrified person who jumps at every shadow and sees a need for ever-increasing government control over our lives. They don't want anyone to make a move until after being examined under a searchlight at the point of a gun.

It's time to start rolling this shit back. Way past time. It is time to walk upright and fearless again, like men.

Now, I cannot think of any other way to prove someone is over 18 without an ID so they can buy alcohol. There just isn't any other way.

That does not mean there is no way to tell if someone is eligible to vote without an ID. That's why it is an apples and oranges fallacy to say idiotic things like, "I need an ID to buy beer, therefore I should need an ID to vote".

We voted for two centuries without ID. The voting process is made secure long before the day you show up to actually vote. It is secured though the registration process, and if in-person fraud is occurring, I can absolutely guarantee it is because of holes in the registration process, NOT because of a lack of Voter ID.

The rubes demonstrate their total ignorance of the electoral process when they insist our problems are due to a lack of Voter ID.

YOU NEED AN ID TO REGISTER, DINGLEBERRY. SHOW THE SAME ONE AT THE POLLING PLACE.
Your location says "The Big Easy". New Orleans?

All you need to provide in Louisiana when you register to vote is the last four digits of your SSN.

Voter Registration in Louisiana | DMV.org

Register to vote by mail by completing the Louisiana Voter Registration Application (Form 100) and mailing it to the applicable address listed on the form.

You must include the last 4 digits of your Social Security number if you don't have a driver's license or ID card.

Another liberal with reading comprehension problems!

You have to have a photo ID to vote!

Do I need a photo ID in order to vote on Election Day?

Each voter is required to identify himself or herself by giving his or her name and address to a commissioner; and by presenting a Louisiana driver's license, a Louisiana special identification card or other generally recognized picture identification card that contains the name and signature of the applicant or completing an Identification Affidavit if no photo identification is available. A voter without photo ID is subject to challenge by law.

You may obtain a free Louisiana special identification card by presenting your voter information card to the Office of Motor Vehicles.

Voting on Election Day
me thinks you may be the one with reading comprehension problems....

Redfish said:

YOU NEED AN ID TO REGISTER, DINGLEBERRY.

and g5000 said, NOT TO REGISTER to vote:

All you need to provide in Louisiana when you register to vote is the last four digits of your SSN.

Register to vote by mail by completing the Louisiana Voter Registration Application (Form 100) and mailing it to the applicable address listed on the form.

You must include the last 4 digits of your Social Security number if you don't have a driver's license or ID card.

So G5000 was responding to the part about registering to vote, and needing ID to do such, which was a FALSE claim by redfish....if he is from the big easy.

The only way to do that is by registering by mail! Then you MUST show your ID to vote, so the lack of a requirement to register is no longer the driving force, now is it? Anyone can register to vote, that way even if they are an illegal alien. They still won't be able to vote if they do not have a valid ID.

BTW, you seem to have a very large nose that you keep sticking into other people's conversations. Do that too often in the real world and someone will break it for you!
Though I differ with you Admiral,
most of the time you seem like a reasonable man...

This gvt issued photo id at the polls is a scam....and here is why I think such:

Why leave people's names on the voter registration rolls, if they are not eligible to vote? Why not vet them, when they are registering to vote, as to whether they are eligible to vote? Why put their names on the roster without this vetting? Why? And when someone dies, and are issued a death certificate by the State, why doesn't the State remove the dead person from the voter roll? And if the person is an illegal, this can be checked in the vetting process even without an ID, by seeing through e-verify and other methods, as to their citizenship status....

It makes no sense, none, zero, zip....to not keep the voter rolls as clean and accurate as possible....their names should not be on the voter roll saying they are eligible to vote in the first place...

but having their names on the voter roll, allows all of these people, including the dead ones, to vote via absentee ballot....and if some politico is an insider, he can get those lists of voters and who has not voted in years or ever, and gather those names of hundreds or thousands of dead and illegal and not eligible voters and figure out an absentee ballot scheme to commit voter fraud.

Individuals do not impersonate another person at the polls to vote, because the risk of doing such is HUGE...the person in front of them, could be the neighbor of the person they are trying to vote in the place of, the worker person taking their name, could be the sister of the person they are trying to use the name of, the person behind them could be the wife or brother of the person they are trying to impersonate....it just rarely if ever happens, the risk of committing a felony is too high....

And as far as having a govt ID, illegals HAVE THEM, most all States allow illegals to get drivers licenses and other gvt issued ID's and have for more than 2 decades now in heavily populated hispanic States....

So who are these voter fraud people this measure is trying to stop? no one....IT IS A FARCE, A SHAM to make us THINK it is doing something, when it truly isn't doing anything to stop the voter fraud, THAT ACTUALLY DOES OCCUR....

so please ask yourself, why would they do that? Why would they make us think this measure is stopping something, something that never or very rarely occurs, while the insider voter fraud with lists of names of dead people etc, to vote via absentee ballot is simply easy peasy and ignored?

Something is just not 'right' with this measure....

especially when it does stop or in the least give them hurdles to jump over, citizens, who have lived their entire lives without ever owning a car or driving, so a life lived without a govt issued photo id...

And then you have Republican official operatives and governors STATING that the gvt issued voter id at the polls is to STOP DEMOCRATS from voting and is done to hand elections to Republicans....

I'm sorry you can't see what is going on right before your very eyes...

Yes...an excellent point...they have voter I.D. in Wisconsin....and it supressed voters...right? Er....what? What was that you say? There was record voter turn out....? Really? Even with Voter I.D.....? Really?
I saw that moron, Neil Cavuto take this line. So I ask you 2aguy, do you believe there is no voter suppression, only because the numbers were higher than before? Do you believe it is possible to suppress votes with one demographic while building up another? What about keeping down the numbers of people who wanted to vote? Would voter suppression be considered a myth, simply because numbers are up?

Let us say the youth is up in pure numbers, and percentage wise. Now let us say that 20% of the youth who wanted to vote in record numbers than ever before (not saying this is true), were prevented from voting. We have 80% of the potential youth vote breaking all records. Would you deny the youth vote had been suppressed?

There has been no evidence to support your assertion. If a person is surviving in this world, meaning a roof over their head and food, then they have already needed an ID because one is required to either work or get welfare.

It's an assumption that voter ID will stop people from voting and nothing has been offered to back that up. The only people who would have trouble are those who are not citizens and they do not count at election time.

And why do those against ensuring that only citizens vote always push the notion that it's Democrat voters who face the issue of not being able to obtain an ID?

Obamacare law made it mandatory for people to get insurance and the process requires and ID. What excuses are there for people not following the law? We've been told there is no excuse.

Whoa whoa whoa Republicans, you are all about small government and no regulation... why the push to increase the government regulations with voting? That should be a Dem agenda!

you need an ID to get your welfare and food stamps, why not use the same one to vote?

the whole dem/lib narrative on ID's is bullshit.
Im sure any regulation can be justified... I just thought the Republicans were about loosening the grip of government and this issue seems to be a flip flop on their core principle. Interesting...
yeah, because allowing illegal aliens and dead people to vote is a good way to keep government from growing.

You're a special kind of stupid.

Whoa whoa whoa Republicans, you are all about small government and no regulation... why the push to increase the government regulations with voting? That should be a Dem agenda!

you need an ID to get your welfare and food stamps, why not use the same one to vote?

Im sure any regulation can be justified... I just thought the Republicans were about loosening the grip of government and this issue seems to be a flip flop on their core principle. Interesting...
yeah, because allowing illegal aliens and dead people to vote is a good way to keep government from growing.

You just look for any excuse to call me stupid don't you... Even when it's about an issue that I didn't even state an opinion about... haha. You're a special one :321:

You just look for any excuse to call me stupid don't you... Even when it's about an issue that I didn't even state an opinion about... haha. You're a special one :321:
You did state an opinion. You said favoring smaller government means you are against having rules for voting to ensure a clean election. In other words, you support allowing illegal aliens and dead people to vote.

Pure stupid.

GOP congressman: Voter ID law will help Republican presidential candidate

Washington (CNN)A Wisconsin Republican congressman confirmed Democratic critics' claims Tuesday when he pointed to the state's new voter ID laws as a reason the Republican candidate will be competitive there in the general election.

The candid assessment by Rep. Glenn Grothman, who supports Texas Sen. Ted Cruz for president, came during an interview with Milwaukee news station TMJ4 at the Cruz campaign's victory rally Tuesday night.
Asked by reporter Charles Benson why Cruz would be able to turn a reliably Democratic state like Wisconsin red, Grothman said: "Well, I think Hillary Clinton is about the weakest candidate the Democrats have ever put up. And now we have photo ID, and I think photo ID is going to make a little bit of a difference as well."

GOP congressman: Voter ID law will help Republicans - CNNPolitics.com

When the defendants start pleading guilty, the case is closed.

Yes...an excellent point...they have voter I.D. in Wisconsin....and it supressed voters...right? Er....what? What was that you say? There was record voter turn out....? Really? Even with Voter I.D.....? Really?

Never mind........

Another democrat lie put to rest.......by the truth, the facts and reality......which are never the friend of leftwing/regressives......

Record Wisconsin Turnout Destroys Liberal Argument Voter ID Laws Disenfranchise Voters

Senators Ted Cruz and Bernie Sanders were able to net big victories this week when they won the Wisconsin presidential primaries for their respective parties, but there was also another big winner of Tuesday night's contests: Voter Identification laws.

Based on reports from the ground in Wisconsin, Tuesday's primary elections pulled in record turnout and the most voter participation since the 1970s.

Wisconsin saw a record breaking voter turnout for the spring primary elections.

Election organizers say this is the largest turnout for a primary race in Wisconsin since 1972. Throughout the state the voter turnout was about 47.5%. In Dane County the estimated turnout was about 66%.

Organizers estimated a 40% turn out before the race started, but Dane County Clerk Scott McDonell says right away they knew they would exceed that estimate.

"Even by one in the afternoon there were places that had 50% turnout already. The state average was predicted at 40% so we were clearly early on out performing those state estimates. We ended up almost closing in on 70 percent turnout which is just unheard of in April," McDonell says.

But wait, what's this?

Across the state, poll workers are reporting larger-than-usual turnouts and long lines at some locales. Though this is the first major election under Wisconsin's voter ID law, there have been few reports of problems at polling places.
And this?

Despite changes in voter ID and registration laws, election organizers say besides slowing down the poll lines, the new rules hardly had an impact on election night.

"A lot of that had to do with just the fact that the fact that you have to show id is that it takes more time. There's nothing you can do about that. It's an extra step for the poll workers," Government Accountability Board Director and General Counsel Kevin Kennedy says.

"That's actually a good sign because that tells us that very few people had problems with photo ID," Kennedy says.
Liberals have been demagoguing for years about how Voter I.D. laws disenfranchise voters. The 2016 Wisconsin presidential primary once again exposed their argument as completely false.

So....left wing regressives.......please Shut the F**k up about voter I.D. laws....you will just have to find another way to cheat....

Trump supporters are mostly white -- no one was trying to suppress them.

Washington (CNN)A Wisconsin Republican congressman confirmed Democratic critics' claims Tuesday when he pointed to the state's new voter ID laws as a reason the Republican candidate will be competitive there in the general election.

The candid assessment by Rep. Glenn Grothman, who supports Texas Sen. Ted Cruz for president, came during an interview with Milwaukee news station TMJ4 at the Cruz campaign's victory rally Tuesday night.
Asked by reporter Charles Benson why Cruz would be able to turn a reliably Democratic state like Wisconsin red, Grothman said: "Well, I think Hillary Clinton is about the weakest candidate the Democrats have ever put up. And now we have photo ID, and I think photo ID is going to make a little bit of a difference as well."

Yeah...it will make a difference twit....the democrats can't cheat as easily.......wow...you sure did catch him......

Never mind........

Another democrat lie put to rest.......by the truth, the facts and reality......which are never the friend of leftwing/regressives......

Record Wisconsin Turnout Destroys Liberal Argument Voter ID Laws Disenfranchise Voters

Senators Ted Cruz and Bernie Sanders were able to net big victories this week when they won the Wisconsin presidential primaries for their respective parties, but there was also another big winner of Tuesday night's contests: Voter Identification laws.

Based on reports from the ground in Wisconsin, Tuesday's primary elections pulled in record turnout and the most voter participation since the 1970s.

Election organizers say this is the largest turnout for a primary race in Wisconsin since 1972. Throughout the state the voter turnout was about 47.5%. In Dane County the estimated turnout was about 66%.

Organizers estimated a 40% turn out before the race started, but Dane County Clerk Scott McDonell says right away they knew they would exceed that estimate.

"Even by one in the afternoon there were places that had 50% turnout already. The state average was predicted at 40% so we were clearly early on out performing those state estimates. We ended up almost closing in on 70 percent turnout which is just unheard of in April," McDonell says.

But wait, what's this?

Across the state, poll workers are reporting larger-than-usual turnouts and long lines at some locales. Though this is the first major election under Wisconsin's voter ID law, there have been few reports of problems at polling places.
And this?

Despite changes in voter ID and registration laws, election organizers say besides slowing down the poll lines, the new rules hardly had an impact on election night.

"A lot of that had to do with just the fact that the fact that you have to show id is that it takes more time. There's nothing you can do about that. It's an extra step for the poll workers," Government Accountability Board Director and General Counsel Kevin Kennedy says.

"That's actually a good sign because that tells us that very few people had problems with photo ID," Kennedy says.
Liberals have been demagoguing for years about how Voter I.D. laws disenfranchise voters. The 2016 Wisconsin presidential primary once again exposed their argument as completely false.

So....left wing regressives.......please Shut the F**k up about voter I.D. laws....you will just have to find another way to cheat....

You nuts do realize that the democrats can get their voters out too...right? That no matter what happens, they simply have to get i.d. to their voters and have them vote...right? Do you nuts actually think about these things....or did the democrat controlled public school you went to just made you into someone who can't think for themselves?

Yeah...it will make a difference twit....the democrats can't cheat as easily.......wow...you sure did catch him......

Jiggering the rules to favor one party over another IS cheating.

Never mind........

But wait, what's this?

And this?

You nuts do realize that the democrats can get their voters out too...right? That no matter what happens, they simply have to get i.d. to their voters and have them vote...right? Do you nuts actually think about these things....or did the democrat controlled public school you went to just made you into someone who can't think for themselves?

Why drastically reduce early voting? Why increase lines and waits at polling places?

Then let's do away with driver's licenses and state ids. After all, don't we all have a right to travel? Why limit the population?

"Then let's do away with driver's licenses and state ids." That's a petulant response.

I remember in the 1970s when we conservatives used to point out that in Communist Russia you needed three forms of government papers to travel across that country. It was a point of pride we could travel anywhere in America without any ID at all.

We have surrendered a great many of our liberties and freedoms in the name of "security". The modern pseudo-conservative is a fearful, terrified person who jumps at every shadow and sees a need for ever-increasing government control over our lives. They don't want anyone to make a move until after being examined under a searchlight at the point of a gun.

It's time to start rolling this shit back. Way past time. It is time to walk upright and fearless again, like men.

Now, I cannot think of any other way to prove someone is over 18 without an ID so they can buy alcohol. There just isn't any other way.

That does not mean there is no way to tell if someone is eligible to vote without an ID. That's why it is an apples and oranges fallacy to say idiotic things like, "I need an ID to buy beer, therefore I should need an ID to vote".

We voted for two centuries without ID. The voting process is made secure long before the day you show up to actually vote. It is secured though the registration process, and if in-person fraud is occurring, I can absolutely guarantee it is because of holes in the registration process, NOT because of a lack of Voter ID.

The rubes demonstrate their total ignorance of the electoral process when they insist our problems are due to a lack of Voter ID.

YOU NEED AN ID TO REGISTER, DINGLEBERRY. SHOW THE SAME ONE AT THE POLLING PLACE.

Another liberal with reading comprehension problems!

You have to have a photo ID to vote!

Do I need a photo ID in order to vote on Election Day?

Each voter is required to identify himself or herself by giving his or her name and address to a commissioner; and by presenting a Louisiana driver's license, a Louisiana special identification card or other generally recognized picture identification card that contains the name and signature of the applicant or completing an Identification Affidavit if no photo identification is available. A voter without photo ID is subject to challenge by law.

You may obtain a free Louisiana special identification card by presenting your voter information card to the Office of Motor Vehicles.

Voting on Election Day
me thinks you may be the one with reading comprehension problems....

Redfish said:

YOU NEED AN ID TO REGISTER, DINGLEBERRY.

and g5000 said, NOT TO REGISTER to vote:

So G5000 was responding to the part about registering to vote, and needing ID to do such, which was a FALSE claim by redfish....if he is from the big easy.

and the lies from the left continue.

Here is what the La registration regulations say.

"
Regardless of how you register, you must show some proof of identification; registering to vote online is no different. When you register online, you must provide:
  • Your driver's license number or special identification card number.
  • Your 4-digit audit code. *
    • This code is on your driver's license or your special identification card and it's labeled “AUDIT."
  • The last 4 digits of your Social Security number.
Note, there is no "or" in the list, you must provide ALL of the things listed.

So, I repeat, what exactly is the problem with showing the same ID at the polling place that you showed to register?

You did state an opinion. You said favoring smaller government means you are against having rules for voting to ensure a clean election. In other words, you support allowing illegal aliens and dead people to vote.

Pure stupid.
Yes your analysis is pure stupid... Pointing out an ideological hypocrisy that is resulting from a patrician agenda has nothing to do with my personal opinion.

what rules are being "jiggered"? The ID laws apply to everyone.

Once again, who in the USA does not have an ID?

you need an ID to register to vote, what specifically, is wrong with showing the same one to vote?

No...the rule is the same for both parties....and the democrats can get the free I.D to their voters the same as Republicans can...and the government will even drive to the home of someone who can't manage to get to a government office.....

Never mind........

But wait, what's this?

And this?

Why drastically reduce early voting? Why increase lines and waits at polling places?

Early voting is where all the cheating happens......increased waits....like in the Republican counties across the country? Democrats can make sure they get their people to the polls the same as republicans do.....this isn't the 1870s where democrats in white sheets are keeping blacks from voting....

But no ID at gun shows or on line to buy a gun.
Rights!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Getting a photo I.D. is not difficult it's simply a question of do you want to do it.

Yeah.....why do you guys talk out of your ass all the time....

You have to have a background check at all gun shows when you buy from a licensed dealer...no exceptions.....got it....?

If you buy a gun on line it has to be delivered to a licensed firearm dealer so a background check can be done...that is the law.

If you sell a legal product as an individual, you do not have to have a background check done.

The only reason anti gunners want background checks for private sales....is so they can get to the next step....universal gun registration...which they will later use to ban or confiscate guns......

This is how it was done around the world......

And again......criminals get around current background checks at licensed gun dealers by having someone with a clean record buy the gun for them.....and this is the same thing they can and will do for universal background checks...making them stupid too.......

We currently have the laws we need to address criminals who buy guns.....when you catch them with the gun...you arrest them. Already on the books, and we can already put them in jail for it.......no new laws are needed...

Can you comprehend any of that?

While the teabaggers lie and talk stupidity.

But no ID at gun shows or on line to buy a gun.
Rights!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Getting a photo I.D. is not difficult it's simply a question of do you want to do it.

Yeah.....why do you guys talk out of your ass all the time....

You have to have a background check at all gun shows when you buy from a licensed dealer...no exceptions.....got it....?

If you buy a gun on line it has to be delivered to a licensed firearm dealer so a background check can be done...that is the law.

If you sell a legal product as an individual, you do not have to have a background check done.

The only reason anti gunners want background checks for private sales....is so they can get to the next step....universal gun registration...which they will later use to ban or confiscate guns......

This is how it was done around the world......

And again......criminals get around current background checks at licensed gun dealers by having someone with a clean record buy the gun for them.....and this is the same thing they can and will do for universal background checks...making them stupid too.......

We currently have the laws we need to address criminals who buy guns.....when you catch them with the gun...you arrest them. Already on the books, and we can already put them in jail for it.......no new laws are needed...

Can you comprehend any of that?

Forum List

Back