Voter ID?

Driving isn't a privilege. It's a licensed activity, like hunting or running a business.

A privilege is available only to a select group and not to the general public.

Havv
Driving isn't a privilege. It's a licensed activity, like hunting or running a business.

A privilege is available only to a select group and not to the general public.

Actually no. Neither the Constitution nor the Bill of Rights grants anyone the right to operate a motor vehicle.
???? No, what? And what does the constitution have to do with driving? Why bring it up?

Simply to restate again that driving is not a right.
No argument there. Is there a general perception that it is? I've never encountered it.

Let's establish a national ID and eliminate all these problems we suffer for the lack of it. It's not going to happen overnight but it need be no more onerous than registering for the draft (for those of us already born) or creating a birth certificate at birth, or registering a birth if not born in a hospital.

But we're never going to stop fighting over ID and entitlement until we implement a single ID for everyone eligible for it that is accepted everywhere in the country, by law.

No problem with that but I would also have the Federal Government pay for and require the States to use the same voting devices through out the nation.
That's what I said.

OH. I didn’t see where you mentioned voting machines.

Let's establish a national ID and eliminate all these problems we suffer for the lack of it. It's not going to happen overnight but it need be no more onerous than registering for the draft (for those of us already born) or creating a birth certificate at birth, or registering a birth if not born in a hospital.

But we're never going to stop fighting over ID and entitlement until we implement a single ID for everyone eligible for it that is accepted everywhere in the country, by law.

No problem with that but I would also have the Federal Government pay for and require the States to use the same voting devices through out the nation.
That's what I said.

OH. I didn’t see where you mentioned voting machines.
My error. Disclupa. I thought I read that everyone would have to accept the national ID.

Thanks for correcting that.

Forum List

Back