Voter id

Democrats are aginst voter id here in America for some reason.

But many other nations require one.
You need a id for so many things.

Banking
Driving
Medical care
Alcohol
And much more

I MOSTLY vote DEM and I have no problem showing ID. I have no problem with demanding all citizens show ID at the polls.

Banking
Driving
Medical care
Alcohol
And much more

Bullshit. Democrats aren't the only ones opposing it. I possess a drivers license, and that will suffice. Who pays for the ID? Because I refuse to pay for some big brother national ID bullshit program put in place for the purpose of 'fixing' a non-existent 'problem' of voter fraud asserted by the Republicans. I'm already fulfilling a right already constitutionally guaranteed to me by showing up to the polls.
How hard is it to get a picture ID?

For someone with little money that can't walk?

For an 80 yr old who's BC was lost?
Yes thats true but what about the rest and they are not all 80 uears old a lot are in thier 20s little miss avoid the truth

Banking
Driving
Medical care
Alcohol
And much more

I MOSTLY vote DEM and I have no problem showing ID. I have no problem with demanding all citizens show ID at the polls.
Thank you nice to see some common sense sorry your a demo however

I see nothing wrong with requiring an ID card to vote.

Here is how I'd do it:

First, implement a national system for federal level elections. Standard interface coast to coast. I would go with something that can be uploaded on any computer and a peripheral smart card reader but if you wanted to just have the standardized voting machines, that's fine. So the same equipment is used for every federal level election coast to coast. Localities can used beans in a jar for their own State, County, City, Hamlet elections or they will be allowed to upload ballots onto the the equipment as well. Most will use the standardized interface.

Next issue a standardized nationwide ID card. You can use this card to cast a ballot coast to coast. Once you insert it in the machine mentioned above, it calls up your local ballot. So if you work in Philly but live in Maryland, you can vote on your lunch break in Pennsylvania. The card would be the same coast to coast with your picture on it. The cards would be absolutely free. Other acceptable IDs would include State issued ID cards or driver's license.

Finally, there would be a provisional ballot for those who do not have one of the acceptable ID's listed above. These ballots would have to be filled out by hand like a scan-tron like we had back in school. This is to help eliminate stuffing the ballot boxes with voters who are either by mistake or by audacity, voting in the wrong location.

That is pretty much the nuts and bolts of it.

Or......just have every citizen show the ID they already have. Why is the first reaction from liberals “more Federal government and everybody is the same”? It really is a disturbing trait of you people.
Why?
Because conservatives will reject the ID they already have

In Texas, they will accept a hunting license as ID while they reject a student ID

Now, how will someone with a hunting license vote vs someone with a Student ID!

It's Texas. You already know that a person with a Hunting ID will be more likely to vote Republican. And a person with a student ID will more likely vote Democrat. How else can they keep those dirty rotten, educated Democrats from voting and upsetting their way of life. Only in Texas.....and Georgia.....and Alabama.....and Louisiana. and....... And overlook that they got bagged in SC destroying legal votes so that they could be sure that their Republican would win. We can't have those unwashed African Americans (also known as Kenyans) and Mexicans (anyone with brown skin) vote, now can we. How would that look.

Banking
Driving
Medical care
Alcohol
And much more

Bullshit. Democrats aren't the only ones opposing it. I possess a drivers license, and that will suffice. Who pays for the ID? Because I refuse to pay for some big brother national ID bullshit program put in place for the purpose of 'fixing' a non-existent 'problem' of voter fraud asserted by the Republicans. I'm already fulfilling a right already constitutionally guaranteed to me by showing up to the polls.

Yes thats true but what about the rest and they are not all 80 uears old a lot are in thier 20s little miss avoid the truth
So how many legal voters are you willing to prevent from voting to prevent something that isn't an actual problem?

That's right...it's an insignificant problem but you'd steal the Constitutional right to vote from those that can least defend it

Democrats want people to think blacks are too stupid to have an ID.....

What does intelligence have to do with it?

Minorities are more likely to live in cities where a drivers license is not needed. Neither is a passport

The IDs they have are not accepted by Republicans

ID cards for non-drivers are issued by the state and look just like a driver license.

I see nothing wrong with requiring an ID card to vote.

Here is how I'd do it:

First, implement a national system for federal level elections. Standard interface coast to coast. I would go with something that can be uploaded on any computer and a peripheral smart card reader but if you wanted to just have the standardized voting machines, that's fine. So the same equipment is used for every federal level election coast to coast. Localities can used beans in a jar for their own State, County, City, Hamlet elections or they will be allowed to upload ballots onto the the equipment as well. Most will use the standardized interface.

Next issue a standardized nationwide ID card. You can use this card to cast a ballot coast to coast. Once you insert it in the machine mentioned above, it calls up your local ballot. So if you work in Philly but live in Maryland, you can vote on your lunch break in Pennsylvania. The card would be the same coast to coast with your picture on it. The cards would be absolutely free. Other acceptable IDs would include State issued ID cards or driver's license.

Finally, there would be a provisional ballot for those who do not have one of the acceptable ID's listed above. These ballots would have to be filled out by hand like a scan-tron like we had back in school. This is to help eliminate stuffing the ballot boxes with voters who are either by mistake or by audacity, voting in the wrong location.

That is pretty much the nuts and bolts of it.
Here's how I'd do it.
First I'd bring back conscription except this time make it universal to begin immediately upon graduation from high school. There would be choice involved either two years military or four years non military in a CCC type of organization working on the nations infrastructure. If you won't pick up a rifle to earn your freedom you can pick up a shovel and support those who do.
Once you've fufilled your mandantory minimum national service you're issued a voter ID card which is required to vote in any election.
Unless and until you have some skin in the game, you don't deserve a voice.

Wow. That’s pretty stupid.
What's stupid about it? Lots of countries have consription, Switzerland, Denmark, IsreaI, Italy, etc. Of course you'd have the option of not serving but you would not be allowed to vote or ever hold a job in the public sector or hold a public office nor would you deserve it.
And before you ask, yes I served. I did seven years in the Air Force including time in Vietnam and other choice Southeast Asian assignments.
I'm not sure I'd go along with this plan. Were not those other countries. Other than when there was a draft, our military is voluntary. Freedom includes the choice to not serve. However, if you are a working adult and paying income or payroll taxes, I'd say you have skin in the game.

If the government is taking your money, you should be able to have a say in the people who are taking that money.

I do, however, think people who have served should get more benefits because of that service. Make it attractive to join the military.

Banking
Driving
Medical care
Alcohol
And much more

So how many legal voters are you willing to prevent from voting to prevent something that isn't an actual problem?

That's right...it's an insignificant problem but you'd steal the Constitutional right to vote from those that can least defend it
You know what is weird? That you aren't fighting for a person's rights not to show an ID for a hunting license, or fishing license
or buying booze, or getting welfare, or entering into a hospital, or........
But, showing an ID for voting somehow crosses the line, it disenfranchises.
To be quite honest...I don't know of any person of voting age that doesn't have an ID, and
I'm willing to bet that you don't either.

You know what is weird? That you aren't fighting for a person's rights not to show an ID for a hunting license, or fishing license

Are those Constitutionally protected rights?

Are those Constitutionally protected rights?
It goes deeper than that and you know it.
You got to prove who you say you are.

Banking
Driving
Medical care
Alcohol
And much more

I have to register my car . Why not my gun?

Oh. Voter ID asks for SPECIFIC ID . Let me ask you. 80 year old man has an expired license cause he doesn’t drive anymore . Should he be denied the vote cause his license has an arbitrary experation ?

Why don't you have to register your words? Oh wait, you Marxists pushing for exactly that.

When I use a credit card. I have to show a DRIVERS LICENSE. or a California ID card - SPECIFIC ID.

You oppose voter ID because it interferes with illegal aliens voting.

Banking
Driving
Medical care
Alcohol
And much more
Every state I have lived in you must show ID to register and to vote and I have lived in seven states.

Banking
Driving
Medical care
Alcohol
And much more

To be quite honest...I don't know of any person of voting age that doesn't have an ID, and
It blocks legitimate voters from voting

Fix that and I’ll agree with you

Banking
Driving
Medical care
Alcohol
And much more

How does an ID block legitimate voters from voting?

Banking
Driving
Medical care
Alcohol
And much more

Rightwinger, everyone has an ID that is of age. Even the aged and the poor.
They are on SS, medicare, disability, and welfare, all that require an ID.

It stops people who have been voting legally for decades from casting a ballot

Voter ID stops more legitimate voters from voting than it stops illegal votes

Rightwinger, everyone has an ID that is of age. Even the aged and the poor.
They are on SS, medicare, disability, and welfare, all that require an ID.

Not true
Show me where 99 percent of the people have acceptable ID and I’ll sgree with you

It stops people who have been voting legally for decades from casting a ballot

Voter ID stops more legitimate voters from voting than it stops illegal votes
No it doesn't.

Forum List

Back