Voters Oppose Removing Confederate Monuments

Confederate sympathizers can have their monuments. We have National Park Battlefields, cemeteries & museums. They don't have to be in the middle of downtown or on the steps of government.

America does not celebrate slavery
honoring those who suffered isn't celebrating, and you should learn that lessons not taught will repeat. Just saying, you are naive to think you can erase the past.
Honoring is celebrating.

No one is trying to erase the past. Slavery is America's birth defect. Some of us need to learn from it so as not to repeat it.
post that definition jack that claims honoring is celebrating. Honoring is showing respect with high esteem. We should never forget those families that suffered through slavery of the past and you should be concerned for the slavery that is maintained by the left still today. it's sad. Look at the south side of Chicago, Detroit, Baltimore, all democratically governed and all in perils.

View attachment 143824
View attachment 143823

I found great synonyms for "honor" on the new Thesaurus.com!
nice, but synonym isn't a definition. So in the definition of honor is there celebration? Not in what you posted son.
LOL, you are a very tough grader. How about this one?

upload_2017-8-15_11-44-10.png

Definition of CELEBRATE

again, overthrow was not the mission and shame on you for not knowing the country's history. wow. NO wonder you want them erased.

Really, so if General Lee writing the President when he had Washington DC under siege to surrender the United States of America, that no longer counts as trying to overthrow the government? What about when Lincoln responded no, and General Lee commanded his armies to take Washington DC and Lincoln by force?

That's not trying to overthrow the government? Taking our capital and attempting to capture the President of the United States isn't good enough?

Wow.
"The American Civil War was fought in the United States from 1861 to 1865. The result of a long-standing controversy over slavery and states' rights, war broke out in April 1861, when Confederates attacked Fort Sumterin South Carolina, shortly after Abraham Lincoln was elected. The nationalists of the Union proclaimed loyalty to the U.S. Constitution. They faced secessionists of the Confederate States of America advocating states’ rights to perpetual slavery and its expansion in the Americas." from your Wikipedia book.

honoring those who suffered isn't celebrating, and you should learn that lessons not taught will repeat. Just saying, you are naive to think you can erase the past.
Honoring is celebrating.

No one is trying to erase the past. Slavery is America's birth defect. Some of us need to learn from it so as not to repeat it.
post that definition jack that claims honoring is celebrating. Honoring is showing respect with high esteem. We should never forget those families that suffered through slavery of the past and you should be concerned for the slavery that is maintained by the left still today. it's sad. Look at the south side of Chicago, Detroit, Baltimore, all democratically governed and all in perils.

View attachment 143824
View attachment 143823

I found great synonyms for "honor" on the new Thesaurus.com!
nice, but synonym isn't a definition. So in the definition of honor is there celebration? Not in what you posted son.
LOL, you are a very tough grader. How about this one?

View attachment 143825

Definition of CELEBRATE
yeah, so?

"The American Civil War was fought in the United States from 1861 to 1865. The result of a long-standing controversy over slavery and states' rights, war broke out in April 1861, when Confederates attacked Fort Sumterin South Carolina, shortly after Abraham Lincoln was elected. The nationalists of the Union proclaimed loyalty to the U.S. Constitution. They faced secessionists of the Confederate States of America advocating states’ rights to perpetual slavery and its expansion in the Americas." from your Wikipedia book.

Yup, that was the reasons for the start of the war.

QUestion again. This one seems hard for you to ask. Is surrounding Washington DC, and writing a letter to the president to surrender, then giving the order to take Washington DC by force and capture the President of the United States of America something you would consider trying to overthrow the government?

And for those of you that don't understand English...

o·ver·throw
verb
ˌōvərˈTHrō/
  1. 1.
    remove forcibly from power.
    "military coups which had attempted to overthrow the king"
    synonyms: remove (from office/power), bring down, topple, depose, oust, displace, unseat, dethrone More

again, overthrow was not the mission and shame on you for not knowing the country's history. wow. NO wonder you want them erased.

Really, so if General Lee writing the President when he had Washington DC under siege to surrender the United States of America, that no longer counts as trying to overthrow the government? What about when Lincoln responded no, and General Lee commanded his armies to take Washington DC and Lincoln by force?

That's not trying to overthrow the government? Taking our capital and attempting to capture the President of the United States isn't good enough?

Wow.
Agreed, the Civil War was not about overthrowing the USofA. It WAS about overthrowing the government of the Confederate States.

"We're leaving" and "No you are not!"

Agreed, the Civil War was not about overthrowing the USofA. It WAS about overthrowing the government of the Confederate States.

"We're leaving" and "No you are not!"

One was an unsuccessful overthrow, the other a successful one.

nice, but synonym isn't a definition. .
H
He is not worried
i'm happy for him. I'm sure he's glad you had his back.

You're in a hole, and still digging.
Idk who he is and I dont really have his back. I told you how it was and it pissed you off because you just cant use the words properly. U think u can handle a discussion with me on anything? Let's argue. Youll get your ass whipped.

H
He is not worried
i'm happy for him. I'm sure he's glad you had his back.

You're in a hole, and still digging.
Idk who he is and I dont really have his back. I told you how it was and it pissed you off because you just cant use the words properly. U think u can handle a discussion with me on anything? Let's argue. Youll get your ass whipped.
I touched a nerve eh? perhaps you shouldn't have answered for him. not sure what that had to do with monuments. Honoring the past is necessary for our country. NECESSARY

And calling for the surrender of the US government, isn't trying to overthrow it.
hmmm, all I stated is why the war started, the US wasn't going to allow the states to secede from the Union. what happened after it started is an entirely different subject. It's what happens in war.

Yup, that was the reasons for the start of the war.

QUestion again. This one seems hard for you to ask. Is surrounding Washington DC, and writing a letter to the president to surrender, then giving the order to take Washington DC by force and capture the President of the United States of America something you would consider trying to overthrow the government?

And for those of you that don't understand English...

o·ver·throw
verb
ˌōvərˈTHrō/
  1. 1.
    remove forcibly from power.
    "military coups which had attempted to overthrow the king"
    synonyms: remove (from office/power), bring down, topple, depose, oust, displace, unseat, dethrone More
That would depend on what they planned to do with it and whether they could keep it when they attempted their sucker-punch.

Washington's Civil War Defenses and the Battle of Fort Stevens | Civil War Trust

We didn't take Iraq, but you have made an excellent point.

dude, again a synonym is not a definition. sorry bubba, it's an alternative word for a specific situation that fits the situation. define Honor and you won't get celebration as I already posted.

Let me get this straight. You've spent two pages now arguing that synonyms of words aren't in the definition of those words?

He showed that Honor and Celebrate are synonyms. That means a word or phrase that means exactly or nearly the same as another word. Of course you don't use a synonym to define something because it's the same thing. That's not defining it, it's using a word with the same meaning. Look up reindeer in websters dictionary and it defines it. A deer that lives in tundra regions, etc etc. Not just "Caribou" and leave you no definition of what it is, just a synonym. That's why it's a dictionary.

If you are looking if the words have the same meaning. Use a Thesaurus and see if they are synonyms. What you are asking for is not something literate people would ask.

If you want to prove honoring has the same meaning as celebrating you look at the thesaurus.

What's next? If someone tells you that there are 16 cups in a gallon you will want them to prove it only using an atlas and list of state capitals? Come on. You've got to see how dumb you are right there.

The memorials, monuments, statues or whatever you want to call them, are being removed by local authorities who own the public property where they are on display and fund the cost of maintaining them. A national poll is hence, irrelevant since the people being polled are not responsible for the cost to the local taxpayers and voters of and for the venue of the memorials.
A national poll is relevant because the douche bags who demand that they be torn down claim the voters are behind them. Politicians who do this claim they are doing what the voters want. That's clearly false.

The cost is trivial. That's simply not a serious argument.
O.k., most people also say that Trump should be impeached.

Should be done, right?

Forum List

Back