Voters Oppose Removing Confederate Monuments

You don't have a right to go and desecrate someone's grave because you don't like them or what they stand for either!

So show's planning to desecrate someone's grave?

Look like you're desperate to deflect from the actual topic, which would be white supremacist memorials, not graves. But then, you can't defend your defense of that, so you need to deflect.

Like I said earlier, some people in the south do have ancestors who fought and died in the Civil War, and they ARE recognized by the United States government (by an act of Congress) to be VETERANS with all of the same rights and privileges as any other veteran. You don't have a right to go and desecrate someone's grave because you don't like them or what they stand for either!

Yup. And that was quite a bit of disrespect to them when their leaders said they wanted to put away that civil war iconography and the Dixiecrats and KKK used their power of public office to tramp all over their graves not just to spite those veterans, but also to drive a spike into race relations during the civil rights movement.

So tell me. We have hundreds of thousands of veterans that don't get monuments. Why do you feel we should memorialize the ones who made their careers killing American soldiers?
shit dude, ever been to Arlington Cemetery? Most all soldiers are honored there. we have another tomb of the unknown soldier. wow, you don't know your history. Forgot the Vietnam Wall Memorial. wow.

We even have one for a president--JFK memorialized. Most all get libraries as well.

You don't have a right to go and desecrate someone's grave because you don't like them or what they stand for either!

So show's planning to desecrate someone's grave?

Look like you're desperate to deflect from the actual topic, which woudl be white supremacist memorials, not graves. But then, you can't defend your defense of that, so you need to deflect.

Yeah, blah, blah, blah and more blah. Lol. Confederate soldiers are recognized as American Veterans by Congress. When you desecrate one of their monuments, you are desecrating their memory. So have it. Enjoy your selfish self.

so you're saying that the north soldiers didn't kill americans? really?

Absolutely. THey were on the side protecting the USA

I think it's pretty easy.

Attack the USA and attempt to overthrow the government. No moument.
Defend the USA from invaders and oppressors foreign and domestic. Monument is ok.
too funny, they were defending their property that's all, they weren't trying to take over a government, they were trying to secede from it and the USA wouldn't let them. you are a fking goof ball. know your history fool.

If you are so offended why not erase all of it and get over it.

Declaring people are "offended" is evading the issue. By your logic, our soldiers in WWII who blew up Nazi statues were "offended", and just a bunch of SJWs.

Sorry. This whole erect a statue to offend then tear it down issue is of no concern to me.

I view it as silly and petty.

And yet here you are, defending the white supremacist monuments. You seem to be offended by the idea of removing them.

Declaring people are "offended" is evading the issue. By your logic, our soldiers in WWII who blew up Nazi statues were "offended", and just a bunch of SJWs.

Sorry. This whole erect a statue to offend then tear it down issue is of no concern to me.

And yet here you are, defending the white supremacist monuments. You seem to be offended by the idea of removing them.
how is that? it is what it is. Why are you offended by someone saying it offended libturdies? It is exactly what it is. snowflakes who can't adjust to their own country. fk em all.

Holy smokes. I cannot believe that you are still hateful towards the south for a civil war that happened LOOONG before you were even born. Lol. If somebody erects a monument to ANY veteran, you wouldn't find me tearing it down that is for SURE.

Nope, Don't hate the south. Quit trying to put words in other peoples mouth that aren't true. When you have to lie and make personal attacks to defend your position it ruins your position. I'm fine honoring them. Honoring General Lee when he said to put away the icons of the Civil war and move on. Honor them how most troops get honored. I'm also fine not elevating them above 99% of our service members (all who did not turn against the USA).

I'm fine not putting up statues of our veterans when they joined an enemy army. It's kinda funny how the promoters of these guys always try to ignore the Civil War itself. Oh he went on to become president of this college, or went on to do these great things. But what's the statue of? Him in the uniform he wore when he spent his time trying to overthrow the USA.

Holy smokes. I cannot believe that you are still hateful towards the south for a civil war that happened LOOONG before you were even born. Lol. If somebody erects a monument to ANY veteran, you wouldn't find me tearing it down that is for SURE.

Nope, Don't hate the south. Quit trying to put words in other peoples mouth that aren't true. When you have to lie and make personal attacks to defend your position it ruins your position. I'm fine honoring them. Honoring General Lee when he said to put away the icons of the Civil war and move on. Honor them how most troops get honored. I'm also fine not elevating them above 99% of our service members (all who did not turn against the USA).

I'm fine not putting up statues of our veterans when they joined an enemy army. It's kinda funny how the promoters of these guys always try to ignore the Civil War itself. Oh he went on to become president of this college, or went on to do these great things. But what's the statue of? Him in the uniform he wore when he spent his time trying to overthrow the USA.
again, overthrow was not the mission and shame on you for not knowing the country's history. wow. NO wonder you want them erased.

The Robert E Lee statue is on city property and the ELECTED city council voted to remove.

So the poll has already been taken.
You do know if you really want to erase history, you will need to remove MLK monuments next? I mean if you really want to be consistent.

You learn history in books, not by gawking at statues.

By your 'reasoning' the city of Charlottesville should be required to put up a statue of U. S. Grant, because the absence of one is 'erasing history'.
No you claim you want to erase the racist history of the United states that also includes the civil rights ers. Affirmative action also since we are all created equal.
How is moving a statue from a public park to a museum "erasing history"?

Apparently, once the statue is taken down, every American forgets that Robert E. Lee ever existed.
Well that IS what liberals are hoping for so...

Bullshit.

I'm not defending anyone.

I'm not going to get upset over it.

Take them down.

I don't fucking care.

The Robert E Lee statue is on city property and the ELECTED city council voted to remove.

So the poll has already been taken.
You do know if you really want to erase history, you will need to remove MLK monuments next? I mean if you really want to be consistent.

By your 'reasoning' the city of Charlottesville should be required to put up a statue of U. S. Grant, because the absence of one is 'erasing history'.
No you claim you want to erase the racist history of the United states that also includes the civil rights ers. Affirmative action also since we are all created equal.

Apparently, once the statue is taken down, every American forgets that Robert E. Lee ever existed.
It isn't theirs to take down, it belongs to the history of the country.

Yeah, blah, blah, blah and more blah. Lol. Confederate soldiers are recognized as American Veterans by Congress. When you desecrate one of their monuments, you are desecrating their memory. So have it. Enjoy your selfish self.

So in other words, you just lied about someone's grave being desecrated.

I do sympathize with you. You want to push white supremacism, without looking like that's what you're doing. It's a difficult task, and you failed at it.

Wouldn't it just be easier to abandon your support of fascists and white supremacists?

I do sympathize with you. You want to push white supremacism, without looking like that's what you're doing. It's a difficult task, and you failed at it.

Wouldn't it just be easier to abandon your support of fascists and white supremacists?
200.webp

BTW, it seems it is you pushing the white supremacy buttons. you keep mentioning them. Why? you want to be just like em hairball?

Last edited:

Projection.

Confederate soldiers are recognized as American Veterans by Congress. When you desecrate one of their monuments, you are desecrating their memory. So have it. Enjoy your selfish self.

What about a monument to veteran Benedict Arnold?

Confederate soldiers are recognized as American Veterans by Congress. When you desecrate one of their monuments, you are desecrating their memory. So have it. Enjoy your selfish self.

If someone built a monument to anyone, you wouldn't find ME trying to tear it down. Like I already said. Apparently nobody wants to build a monument for him.

why not, it's history isn't it? why are you against showing off an era of war? stay in your little closet with the lights out, that way you won't be offended.

Arnold’s name has not been completely erased from American military epigraphy. The monument for the Battle of Valcour Island mentions him by name.

Last edited:

You are such an ass.

It isn't theirs to take down, it belongs to the history of the country.
Confederate sympathizers can have their monuments. We have National Park Battlefields, cemeteries & museums. They don't have to be in the middle of downtown or on the steps of government.

America does not celebrate slavery nor treason.

Forum List

Back