Voting for 'Trump' because 'Duck' isn't an option?

Do you think many people support "Trump" because "Duck" isn't an option?

• Total voters
Liberals flocking the thread and diverting the thread.

Should have been another poll answer. I'm a die hard Liberal and will vote for whatever hack the Dems give me to vote for................BUT BUSH..........please continue.

i can promise you that no one voted for the president because he pissed off the right.

And I think you're full of shit because he wasn't qualified and we knew virtually nothing about him... still don't... doesn't matter... he had a Muslim name and was a black man, that was enough.... He was your "gettin' even" for Dubya, and I think everyone knows that.
Bossy has anointed himself to speak for everyone on Earth and no one can disagree with him because he reads all minds. :cuckoo:

yeah, i'm wondering why he doesn't understand that no one sane would have ever allowed sarah palin to get near the white house and romney aligned himself with the radical religious right and insulted working people and supported a senate candidate who said women can't get pregnant after a "legitimate rape"

do they really think we were supposed to vote for that?

:rofl:

maybe when you rescue your party from the theocrats and teatards.

Sorry, but even messiah Obama had to claim he was Christian to get elected in this country. Maybe you should move to Denmark where you can be near people of your own kind?

in using the word "messiah" you show how ignorant you are about the way others think. no one viewed him as a "savior". he's an okay president. he's just better than anything you offered.

can't you just acknowledge that rightwingnut views aren't mainstream?

and after baby bush screwed things up so badly, did you really think we'd vote for the same policies. (and don't say the you don't support his policies... the GOP is still a bunch of neocons, trickle down failures and theocrats).

normal people don't vote for those issues.

and frankly, until your party figures out that we don't vote out of spite like you do, you're going to lose national elections.

old white christian males are not the only ones who vote.

and you will never get enough old white, christian males to elect a president until you figure that out.

No need in talking to you. All I hear is a bitter and angry unreasonable liberal who would vote for a goddamn dog turd if you could get one on the ballot to oppose a Republican. I think it gave you a political boner to elect a black Muslim president just to rub it in the face of the people you hate and despise the most. And I think when I said what I did, it touched a nerve and that's why you're defending yourself so vociferously.

You don't speak for most of America, not even a very large minority of America. You're just really fucking loud and obnoxious. You come here and spew your venom and are surrounded by people like you... this gives you the delusion that you represent more than you do. It's going to be your political undoing in this election.

Disregarding all the Liberal Hack replies and responding to the thread.

All of the above. I don't trust Trump but will vote for him in the General Election. Some of the 1st 3 answers to the poll fits the bill.

and that is why you idiots can't pick candidates that don't skeeve more than half the country.

there was nothing "hack[ish] in my responses.

you just can't relate to the fact that normal people think your views re bizarre.

Sorry, but even messiah Obama had to claim he was Christian to get elected in this country. Maybe you should move to Denmark where you can be near people of your own kind?

in using the word "messiah" you show how ignorant you are about the way others think. no one viewed him as a "savior". he's an okay president. he's just better than anything you offered.

and after baby bush screwed things up so badly, did you really think we'd vote for the same policies. (and don't say the you don't support his policies... the GOP is still a bunch of neocons, trickle down failures and theocrats).

and frankly, until your party figures out that we don't vote out of spite like you do, you're going to lose national elections.

and you will never get enough old white, christian males to elect a president until you figure that out.

No need in talking to you. All I hear is a bitter and angry unreasonable liberal who would vote for a goddamn dog turd if you could get one on the ballot to oppose a Republican. I think it gave you a political boner to elect a black Muslim president just to rub it in the face of the people you hate and despise the most. And I think when I said what I did, it touched a nerve and that's why you're defending yourself so vociferously.

You don't speak for most of America, not even a very large minority of America. You're just really fucking loud and obnoxious. You come here and spew your venom and are surrounded by people like you... this gives you the delusion that you represent more than you do. It's going to be your political undoing in this election.

i think you're projecting.

you're the one who's bitter and angry.

but feel free not to respond since you can't argue with what i said anyway.

no loss. believe me.

*shrug*

BTW... The person I happened to be talking to was a moderate liberal who usually votes Democrat. He can't stand Hillary or Bernie. He said, the Republicans can't make up their minds what a Republican is and the Democrats have gone bat-shit crazy
I call BULLSHIT!

You can call whatever you want to, Eddy boy. Call 'til your heart's content!

i think you're projecting.

you're the one who's bitter and angry.

but feel free not to respond since you can't argue with what i said anyway.

no loss. believe me.

*shrug*

Nah... I'm not bitter one little bit. I can read the contempt in your posts though. Dripping with it... and NO... I simply don't believe a damn thing you say.

i can promise you that no one voted for the president because he pissed off the right.

And I think you're full of shit because he wasn't qualified and we knew virtually nothing about him... still don't... doesn't matter... he had a Muslim name and was a black man, that was enough.... He was your "gettin' even" for Dubya, and I think everyone knows that.
And yet here is Trump with zero experience in politics, at least Oblama was a senator...

And yet her is Trump with zero experience in politics, at least Oblama was a senator...

trump is good at investing his daddy's money... and losing other people's money and hurting vendors with repeated bankruptcies.

And yet her is Trump with zero experience in politics, at least Oblama was a senator...

trump is good at investing his daddy's money... and losing other people's money and hurting vendors with repeated bankruptcies.
And racing through young blondes...

Which is exactly what prompts the poll question!

I really wish there was a way to make a poll question where you have to vote before you can comment on the thread. Most of you asswipes aren't voting... you just come here to flame and be obnoxious. Either participate in the poll, discuss the poll question and topic or move the fuck along before I start getting moderators involved.

I was having an interesting conversation this evening and it was mentioned that someone thought the reason a lot of people were saying they planned to vote for Donald Trump is because Donald Duck isn't an option. In other words, it's kind of a "protest vote" of sorts... Politics have simply become such a joke that you may as well vote for someone like Trump, just to demonstrate the absurdity and spectacle.

I had never really considered this. I hear people passionately telling me why they support Trump and I can't really fault them for their arguments. I also hear people bashing and railing on Trump like he is the Anti-Christ or something. Other conservatives tell me that Trump isn't their first choice but they would vote for him over Hillary.... but the proposal intrigued me so I thought I would bring the question here to the all-knowing brain trust of USMB.

Is there any merit to this argument that people are supporting Trump in protest and it's akin to voting for Donald Duck?
Donald Trump is the joke, he is providing the absurdity and spectacle. It's who he is, it's what he does. People who think they are protesting are dupes who are literally supporting the absurdity and spectacle of the Donald.......Duck.

Which is exactly what prompts the poll question!

I really wish there was a way to make a poll question where you have to vote before you can comment on the thread. Most of you asswipes aren't voting... you just come here to flame and be obnoxious. Either participate in the poll, discuss the poll question and topic or move the fuck along before I start getting moderators involved.
Sounds like you are bitter about it.....oh my....tissue?

In all the traditional ways which previous presidents have been deemed qualified.

Such as? Bush wasn't qualified in any way, shape or form. I could name others - Chester Arthur for one.

Bush was a former two term governor who was very popular. I don't know Chet Arthur.

Bush was a lousy two term gov who needed the SCOtUS to be elected.

Your problem boss is that the party you prefer selects pitiful candidates and it pisses you off.

Why dont you run for a national office?
You seem to think well enough of your opinions.

a wise person once told me that it doesn't matter how someone looks... if they have money, they can always get young women to hang on them.

Trump knows how to play suckers and weak kneed businessmen by brow beating and verbal abuse..Oh what a leader...

Bush was a former two term governor who was very popular. I don't know Chet Arthur.

Dumbya may have been popular but he was a crap governor. He only got the gig on the back of his Daddy's name. He was an alcoholic, bad businessman and one of the most incurious people of power I have ever seen interviewed. The three dumbest politicians I have seen in my lifetime are Palin, Bush and Quayle. In that order. And I'm not talking common sense dumb, or just not interested. I'm talking vacuous, stupid, bordering on imbecile..

a wise person once told me that it doesn't matter how someone looks... if they have money, they can always get young women to hang on them.
Sure just like rich women and their young boy toys....I am looking for a 90 year old woman.. to soak myself...

Forum List

Back