Voting. If it worked, they wouldn't let us do it

No. I honestly don't know what he means by evil.

smh
😄

People disagree, welcome to humanity.

When you speak in such childish generalities I don't know what you mean. I have plenty of criticism for the left and right but no patience for nihilism.

Generalities? I'm been pretty precise in my statements and their meanings. The context was not hard at all to understand.

Nihilism? You got into an silly argument about religion, in a thread about voting. As if the two had anything to do with each other.

I live in a tourist trap. The police are pretty mellow. They want the place to be inviting. That tourist dollar rules around here. During season the area is filled with the wealthy. No real theft problems around here. Most the people running around can buy ya and sell ya hundred times over. Lol, no need to steal. The worst the police have to deal with is a drunk and disorder. Hotel taxes more than pay the bills around here. The cops here are almost PR people. Ya, to say people are happy around here is an understatement. Lol, they don't need my two cents to run things.

There's tourism in Ohio? I've been through almost all of Ohio 1000+ times and never seen anything worth spending a lot of money on.

There's tourism in Ohio? I've been through almost all of Ohio 1000+ times and never seen anything worth spending a lot of money on.
Port Clinton baby. During day light everyone is on the lake. At night the bars and restaurants are filled. The islands are filled During the day and night

Drilling is back up to Trump levels. So yeah, he lied. The oil leases have opened back up. So yeah, he lied. He helped the oil companies get record profits. So yeah, he lied. And just watch for the oil subsidy report when it comes out. It'll be in the billions. So yeah, he lied.
What is a lie? You expected us to be on 100% solar by now?

The corporations and the corporate parties decide who the voters get to choose from, to pick the candidates.
their $$$ speaks for them Mr B
You Simps really do think the Constitution was written to protect the little guy, the common man against the tyranny of government don't you? 😄 Is there no propaganda you won't fall for?
I can dream, can't i?
Two wings of the same corrupt bird.
total diversion
You'll note that almost every State preamble mentions God in some shape or manner
not always
Since 2006, I have been either leaving the top of the ballot blank or writing in Snoopy or Pat Paulson
pp1.jpg

~S~

You Simps really do think the Constitution was written to protect the little guy, the common man against the tyranny of government don't you? 😄 Is there no propaganda you won't fall for?

The Constitution was written by aristocrats and capitalists looking to protect their business interests, the most profitable of which was slavery. Most voting was restricted to only white male land owners. Originally only the House and the President where chosen by this elite electorate, the Senators back then were chosen by the ruling class from the individual states. What protections existed were written with self interest in mind. These aristocrats wanted to make it difficult for any one of them to use the power of government against another. The checks and balances were the powerful checking the other powerful.
Yup, but the state governments were something different, and it was up to them to ratify the Constitution, which they all refused to do, unless. . .

Unless what?

iu

Is it the nihilism that influences you to speak in cliches? I don't think I deserve to be governed by a society dominated in a culture of white supremacy but here I am.

There's always South Africa. I hear it's got great weather.

I haven't voted for 2 election cycles now. I despise liberals. And I now more than despise liberal Republicans. The left wing and the right wing are holding up the same corrupt, big spending, big anti constitution government. With ever liberal Republican administration we've had since at least Reagan, have grown the size and scope of government.
I'm a fiscal and constitutional conservative, who's without a party.
The talking point memo that was sent out decades ago, was that if you don't vote, then you can't complain. As if it's someone's civic duty to cast a vote for people you either can't support. Or write in someone's name that won't even be counted.

What a crock. It's no ones civic duty to support anyone they don't really like. It's no ones civic duty to perpetuate the problem by helping to elect someone that's not anything like what you'd support.
And I'll be darned if I'm going to be scared into voting for a lesser of two evils. That's been strategy of the R & D's for how many years now? It's a genius strategy, because it's kept them in power for over 100 years now. It's kept the country ruled by two parties with the same results. More spending, higher deficits, higher national debt, less freedoms & liberties, a worsen economy, lower USD value, higher inflation. And on and on and on.

The last time I voted, it was for one of those "lesser of two evils." And I felt like a slimeball for casting it. So I decided never to cast another vote, unless I can support at least 90% of what the candidate does (not says). I'm not looking for perfection because politicians are just people. But BY GOD, 90% of the time, they better be on my side and support the things I support. I will no longer let a politician talk me into voting for them. From now on, they've got to earn my vote.
When you vote, you're allowing someone to control your life. They own you. And you gave them permission to do so.

Carlin nails it.

This Elitist Manifesto Is What Put the Crack in the Liberty Bell

The ruling class's Constitution is responsible for everything you complain about. Political self-determination comes only through referendums, not representative government. Constitution-bangers hit themselves in the head with it.

This Elitist Manifesto Is What Put the Crack in the Liberty Bell

The ruling class's Constitution is responsible for everything you complain about. Political self-determination comes only through referendums, not representative government. Constitution-bangers hit themselves in the head with it.

There are plenty of parts of the constitution, that our elected official completely ignore. Those are worth banging our head over. FISA 702. The NDAA. Congressional authority to create money and set it's value.

Yup, but the state governments were something different, and it was up to them to ratify the Constitution, which they all refused to do, unless. . .

Unless what?

iu
I'm not your student. If you want to make a point about the bill of rights don't be a giant pussy, open your snatch and make an argument. It was the States themselves who decided who was elidgble to vote and it was they who largely restricted voting to white male land owners.

I'm not your student. If you want to make a point about the bill of rights don't be a giant pussy, open your snatch and make an argument. It was the States themselves who decided who was elidgble to vote and it was they who largely restricted voting to white male land owners.
Then don't try to make US history into something it was not, you make yourself look the fool.

Then don't try to make US history into something it was not, you make yourself look the fool.
Where have I? Where have you addressed any of my points intellectually? You posted a picture because you have a picture book intellect. The States restricted voting largely to White male land owners. The Constitution was not written to protect the little guy. The vast majority of citizens, nevermind the slaves, had no say in government. It was written to protect the interests of aristocrats. The only reason it serves any other purpose today, the only reason it does anything at all to help the common man is because we have wrestled voting from the land owning gentry and have expanded it to more and more common people. To mistake the Original Intent of the Constitution as a document inspired to protect the interests of the few against the interest of the many is to completely fail at history and not recognize the few were the wealthy upper class and the many they wanted to protect their interests from were their slaves and the common man himself.

Where have I? Where have you addressed any of my points intellectually? You posted a picture because you have a picture book intellect. The States restricted voting largely to White male land owners. The Constitution was not written to protect the little guy. The vast majority of citizens, nevermind the slaves, had no say in government. It was written to protect the interests of aristocrats. The only reason it serves any other purpose today, the only reason it does anything at all to help the common man is because we have wrestled voting from the land owning gentry and have expanded it to more and more common people. To mistake the Original Intent of the Constitution as a document inspired to protect the interests of the few against the interest of the many is to completely fail at history and not recognize the few were the wealthy upper class and the many they wanted to protect their interests from was the common man himself and their slaves.

If it weren't for The Bill of Rights, you might have a leg to stand on.
But you don't.

Forum List

Back