Voting. If it worked, they wouldn't let us do it

Without society how would you be buying property? With what money and for what purpose? Purchasing property only makes sense in the context of a society.

Without society? What does that even mean? In a county with over 300 million people, how is there NOT going to be a society? We're not in the jungles of Africa for petes sakes.

Without society? What does that even mean? In a county with over 300 million people, how is there NOT going to be a society? We're not in the jungles of Africa for petes sakes.
Even tribes in Africa where a society you Dipshit. They just might not of been one that believed in personal land ownership. Different societies have different rules. Your right to property are dependent on our rules and not an inalienable right granted to you from some sky daddy.

Even tribes in Africa where a society you Dipshit. They just might not of been one that believed in personal land ownership. Different societies have different rules. Your right to property are dependent on our rules and not an inalienable right granted to you from some sky daddy.

Because they're jungle people. They don't have a clue about capitalism or owning property. Or much of anything other than hunting and screwing.

Again you display your failure with simple logic. I didn't say society granted you your life. Is that what you read because if so you might be dyslexic. I said the right to own property does not come from an imaginary sky daddy. The thing your life comes from is called biology and whether or not it is greater than society is more debatable today than any previous point in history.
I don't know you well but from what I can gather ... you seem to put a certain amount of stock in "society." How high you place it on the ladder of importance is beyond me at the moment.

I don't care what you regard it as. How you feel about isn't something I give much thought to and now when I do what comes to mind is amusement.
The point is that you shouldn't be surprised if folks regard you as a Communist by virtue of the fact that you are displaying an historical symbol of Communism. That's how this conversation began. You couldn't seem to understand why I would consider you a Communist, and I explained my reasoning.

Who would care?
Mostly normal folks with a traditional view of family and morality.

Then it isn't much of a message is it? Why you came here to brag to me that you could message ineffectively is beyond me but thanks for that.
That's my point. I may want to send a message by wearing a particular symbol but if there are more than one way to interpret the symbol ... then my message would be very weak.

The NDAA still got enough GOP votes for the reauthorization to get to the president. Didn't it? They always get just enough votes for unconstitutional crap like that to pass. Same as the unconstitutional FISA (including 702) and the Patriot Act reauthorization. The ACA funding. Planned Parenthood funding. All the omnibus bills.
and so forth and so on.
What is or isn't Constitutional isn't decided by your feelings, it's decided by the Supreme Court. Until they say otherwise it is Constitutional in every way that matters.

It is the law that allows you to but property. Now who determines law if not the society that writes them?
The law of the land wasn't written by society. It was written by our Founding Fathers (99% Christian, by the way). The State laws mimic very closely the Constitution. You'll note that almost every State preamble mentions God in some shape or manner.

I don't know you well but from what I can gather ... you seem to put a certain amount of stock in "society." How high you place it on the ladder of importance is beyond me at the moment.
You mean I put a lot of stock in the entity that has the power to dictate the course of your life? Its a lot more pertinent to my existance than an imaginary sky daddy. 😄
The point is that you shouldn't be surprised if folks regard you as a Communist by virtue of the fact that you are displaying an historical symbol of Communism. That's how this conversation began. You couldn't seem to understand why I would consider you a Communist, and I explained my reasoning.
I'm not surprised. I'm amused at your confusion. 😄
Mostly normal folks with a traditional view of family and morality.
Do most Americans still have a problem with homosexuality? I think evidence points to the contrary.
That's my point. I may want to send a message by wearing a particular symbol but if there are more than one way to interpret the symbol ... then my message would be very weak.
I'm not trying to send a message with my avatar. Its just an image that pleases me.

The law of the land wasn't written by society. It was written by our Founding Fathers (99% Christian, by the way). The State laws mimic very closely the Constitution. You'll note that almost every State preamble mentions God in some shape or manner.

God is never mentioned in the US constitution.

Why do you think they're called the Founders dumb dumb? What do you think they were the founders of? 😄

Jesus Christ you cats are stupid.

You two have gotten off the topic by leaps and bounds. No one cares if Curried Goats is a marxist or not. Or if he supports the Black Panthers or BLM. And no one cares if God has anything to do with our founders. This is all BS divisional crap that force fed to Americans to get them to argue with each other.

You two have gotten off the topic by leaps and bounds. No one cares if Curried Goats is a marxist or not. Or if he supports the Black Panthers or BLM. And no one cares if God has anything to do with our founders. This is all BS divisional crap that force fed to Americans to get them to argue with each other.
People have disagreements guy. That's what politics is about. We don't need laws in a society where everyone agrees with one another. By your opening post I dont know what you stand for other than some nebulous belief in the Consititution but obviously the constitution means different things to different people and certainly between me and you.

I haven't voted for 2 election cycles now. I despise liberals. And I now more than despise liberal Republicans. The left wing and the right wing are holding up the same corrupt, big spending, big anti constitution government. With ever liberal Republican administration we've had since at least Reagan, have grown the size and scope of government.
I'm a fiscal and constitutional conservative, who's without a party.
The talking point memo that was sent out decades ago, was that if you don't vote, then you can't complain. As if it's someone's civic duty to cast a vote for people you either can't support. Or write in someone's name that won't even be counted.

What a crock. It's no ones civic duty to support anyone they don't really like. It's no ones civic duty to perpetuate the problem by helping to elect someone that's not anything like what you'd support.
And I'll be darned if I'm going to be scared into voting for a lesser of two evils. That's been strategy of the R & D's for how many years now? It's a genius strategy, because it's kept them in power for over 100 years now. It's kept the country ruled by two parties with the same results. More spending, higher deficits, higher national debt, less freedoms & liberties, a worsen economy, lower USD value, higher inflation. And on and on and on.

The last time I voted, it was for one of those "lesser of two evils." And I felt like a slimeball for casting it. So I decided never to cast another vote, unless I can support at least 90% of what the candidate does (not says). I'm not looking for perfection because politicians are just people. But BY GOD, 90% of the time, they better be on my side and support the things I support. I will no longer let a politician talk me into voting for them. From now on, they've got to earn my vote.
When you vote, you're allowing someone to control your life. They own you. And you gave them permission to do so.

Carlin nails it.

Amen, exactly as I feel, I do not have a party that represents me. Well said.

I guess I think of it as coming to a fork in the road in a bus. The bus is going one way or another... you may not want to go either way... but it is going down one of them, with or without your input.

Biden wasnt planning to end fossil fuel in 4 years. He was clear in that he thinks its key for our national security and the environment to rely less on fossil fuels. It's his opponents who reframed it to what you repeated. Biden has said repeatedly he wouldnt ban fracking. Litteraly you cant suggest any improvements in our energy structure without right wingers shitting themselves and posting nonsense.

Biden isnt responsible for inflation. Neither are the pubs. Its a supply and demand result of Covid arround the world and some key things like OPEC cutbacks. The right wingers want you to believe everything is simple and lie about what is happening. Its very complex and no one, not even our President, can change market forces.

There is no 'fork', that's where you're completely wrong.

I haven't voted for 2 election cycles now. I despise liberals. And I now more than despise liberal Republicans. The left wing and the right wing are holding up the same corrupt, big spending, big anti constitution government. With ever liberal Republican administration we've had since at least Reagan, have grown the size and scope of government.
I'm a fiscal and constitutional conservative, who's without a party.
The talking point memo that was sent out decades ago, was that if you don't vote, then you can't complain. As if it's someone's civic duty to cast a vote for people you either can't support. Or write in someone's name that won't even be counted.

What a crock. It's no ones civic duty to support anyone they don't really like. It's no ones civic duty to perpetuate the problem by helping to elect someone that's not anything like what you'd support.
And I'll be darned if I'm going to be scared into voting for a lesser of two evils. That's been strategy of the R & D's for how many years now? It's a genius strategy, because it's kept them in power for over 100 years now. It's kept the country ruled by two parties with the same results. More spending, higher deficits, higher national debt, less freedoms & liberties, a worsen economy, lower USD value, higher inflation. And on and on and on.

The last time I voted, it was for one of those "lesser of two evils." And I felt like a slimeball for casting it. So I decided never to cast another vote, unless I can support at least 90% of what the candidate does (not says). I'm not looking for perfection because politicians are just people. But BY GOD, 90% of the time, they better be on my side and support the things I support. I will no longer let a politician talk me into voting for them. From now on, they've got to earn my vote.
When you vote, you're allowing someone to control your life. They own you. And you gave them permission to do so.
As I have said many, many times on this forum, if you vote for the "lesser of two EVILS", you are still voting for EVIL.

My vote has to be EARNED.

Since 2006, I have been either leaving the top of the ballot blank or writing in Snoopy or Pat Paulson. In 2016, in honor of my recently deceased mother, I wrote in Ted Cruz since she was a big fan. I am glad she did not live to see Cruz become the slimy submissive Trump lickspittle he is today.

In 2020, I voted for the Libertarian candidate as the GOP has gone so far off the reservation I am more closely aligned with the LP than the GOP now, even though I disagree with Libertarians on several points.

You are absolutely correct that both parties are over spenders. It astonishes me that people who vote Republican delude themselves into bleeving the GOP is the party of fiscal responsibility. No matter how much Trump or Bush spent, they somehow found a way to blame the Democrats.

This is sickening.

It was precisely Bush and the GOP's Congress's overspending which finally tilted me over the edge. And it was Trump who finally convinced me the GOP was never coming back in my lifetime and so I resigned my lifelong Republican membership and became an Independent.

As I have said many, many times on this forum, if you vote for the "lesser of two EVILS", you are still voting for EVIL.

My vote has to be EARNED.

Since 2006, I have been either leaving the top of the ballot blank or writing in Snoopy or Pat Paulson. In 2016, in honor of my recently deceased mother, I wrote in Ted Cruz since she was a big fan. I am glad she did not live to see Cruz become the slimy submissive Trump lickspittle he is today.

In 2020, I voted for the Libertarian candidate as the GOP has gone so far off the reservation I am more closely aligned with the LP than the GOP now, even though I disagree with Libertarians on several points.

You are absolutely correct that both parties are over spenders. It astonishes me that people who vote Republican delude themselves into bleeving the GOP is the party of fiscal responsibility. No matter how much Trump or Bush spent, they somehow found a way to blame the Democrats.

This is sickening.

It was precisely Bush and the GOP's Congress's overspending which finally tilted me over the edge. And it was Trump who finally convinced me the GOP was never coming back in my lifetime and so I resigned my lifelong Republican membership and became an Independent.
Evil doesn't exist. This is the system we have. Political nihilism isn't going to change it.

Forum List

Back