Walking in the morning while being black.

Man on an early morning walk with his son......

He wasn’t body slammed..he tripped him to the ground…however..

I see one officer who needs to be fired and another who needs to be put on unpaid leave for letting him do it.

You see these videos ALL THE TIME and this is the reason why there is a growing distrust in police.

I’m a supporter of police, they have a tough job, but then get see videos like this, and many many others, where the police either don’t know the law, or they are on a power trip, and they feel like since they have a badge and a gun, that they can control you and that you must succumb to their every wish.

It’s videos like this that ruin the reputation of the good law enforcement officers.

Yeah, that piece of shit needs to be fired, and he likely needs to be sued the shit out of for doing what he did to that guy…in front of his son.

It’s things like that that piss me off

Last edited:
Man on an early morning walk with his son......

No. Only because he refused to show ID. The moment you resist, interfere with or fail to follow a lawful order of a LEO you lose all right to expect to be treated with ABY amount of respect or deference in my mind.

Dumb thing to do. Especially with the kid there.

Likely more to that story. Odd time for a father and son to be walking through a bunch of storage units. Dude should have complied instead of going the resistance route.

I disagree, the guy wasn’t doing anything wrong, the officer never made an accusation of a crime, and unless you are under suspicion of a crime, you are not required to identify in many states.

The guy told the officer what they were doing, he said they were going for a walk like they always do.

The officer should have just left him alone.

Now, I agree, to SOME extent, that people should comply with officers, it just makes the whole process go easier, but, this puts power in the hands of abusive officers like this who will push to see how far you will comply, and violate your rights.

No. Only because he refused to show ID. The moment you resist, interfere with or fail to follow a lawful order of a LEO you lose all right to expect to be treated with ABY amount of respect or deference in my mind.

In many states, you are not required to identify.

you lose all right to expect to be treated with ABY amount of respect or deference in my mind.

That’s wrong. It’s BECAUSE the police are in a position of power that they need to show deference. This guy was not a threat, he wasn’t acting in a threatening manner.

Last edited:

There shouldn't have been a 'lawful order'. No evidence of anything criminal.

Have a nice walk, sir.

Of course it's excessive. There will always be outlier Cops who don't belong on the force. We don't see "viral videos" of the 99 percent of Cops who do a good job and risk their lives to keep citizens safe.
Cops slamming black kids to the ground are trial runs for Chauvin style justice.

In many states, you are not required to identify.
Which I believe is totally WRONG. If you’re not doing anything wrong, there’s no reason to fear identifying yourself. Before you ask… NO, I don’t believe in “innocent until proven guilty” for anyone. I believe the exact opposite, for everyone.
That’s wrong. It’s BECAUSE the police are in a position of power that they need to show deference. This guy was not a threat, he wasn’t acting in a threatening manner
If you had quoted the entire statement… that’s how I believe it should be. I trust nobody. Not my family. Not my wife. Not my coworkers. Nobody.
There shouldn't have been a 'lawful order'. No evidence of anything criminal.

Have a nice walk, sir.
Walking around with a six year old at odd hours of the day is odd enough to warrant the investigation so far as I’m concerned.

Cops slamming black kids to the ground are trial runs for Chauvin style justice.
Maybe you should be questioning Turdeau and taking care of your own backyard instead of inserting your nose in your neighbor's business, duck.

Which I believe is totally WRONG. If you’re not doing anything wrong, there’s no reason to fear identifying yourself. Before you ask… NO, I don’t believe in “innocent until proven guilty” for anyone. I believe the exact opposite, for everyone.

If you had quoted the entire statement… that’s how I believe it should be. I trust nobody. Not my family. Not my wife. Not my coworkers. Nobody.

Walking around with a six year old at odd hours of the day is odd enough to warrant the investigation so far as I’m concerned.
You trust the cops apparently.... :lol:

Probably making all those back yard fence dogs bark right at sunup hours. A bit suspicious, yes? Disturbing the peace? No.

You expect the Police to wait till something happens? How do you get a young kid up and dressed early. Can we call the wife? Think.

Or do you expect the Police to follow him for a while? How long at $200K salaries + equipment. Don’t make me waste tax dollars.

I disagree, the guy wasn’t doing anything wrong, the officer never made an accusation of a crime, and unless you are under suspicion of a crime, you are not required to identify in many states.

The guy told the officer what they were doing, he said they were going for a walk like they always do.

The officer should have just left him alone.

Now, I agree, to SOME extent, that people should comply with officers, it just makes the whole process go easier, but, this puts power in the hands of abusive officers like this who will push to see how far you will comply, and violate your rights.
Why should the officer automatically believe him? it was suspicious. Amy father never took me for a walk in the dark around storage units,

The guy should have just shown his ID. When he refused to comply, it became more suspicious.

Forum List

Back