Walmart on Welfare: We support their employees so they don't have to.

Sometimes it's just right to defend and help the workers out. The Corporations aren't always right. In fact, they're often wrong. My Conservative friends need to understand that they're not obligated to defend them at all cost. Doing what's right goes way beyond whether you call yourself a Conservative or Liberal.

The Republican Party has lost the American Worker. They just don't see them as caring about them anymore. The Republican Party needs to reassess its standard knee-jerk defense of Corporations approach. The Workers will come back to the Party if the Party begins to show it cares again.

Last edited:
Sometimes it's just right to defend and help the workers out. The Corporations aren't always right. In fact, they're often wrong. My Conservative friends need to understand that they're not obligated to defend them at all cost. Doing what's right goes way beyond whether you call yourself a Conservative or Liberal.

The Republican Party has lost the American Worker. They just don't see them as caring about them anymore. The Republican Party needs reassess its standard knee-jerk defense of Corporations approach. The Workers will come back to the Party if the Party begins to show it cares again.

That's my point, they're going out of their way to alienate voters and then whining when the Democrats have the power to do anything they want. It's just dumb.

The Republican Party has lost the American Worker. They just don't see them as caring about them anymore. The Republican Party needs reassess its standard knee-jerk defense of Corporations approach. The Workers will come back to the Party if the Party begins to show it cares again.

That's my point, they're going out of their way to alienate voters and then whining when the Democrats have the power to do anything they want. It's just dumb.

Yeah, the Republican Party is now seen as a Party that hates American Workers. It's seen as the Party that's just way too quick to defend and justify low wages, and overall mistreatment of workers. It's a very serious image problem. It needs to reassess the knee-jerk defense of Corporations approach. If it doesn't, it risks losing the American Worker for good.

Let's see, they supply around $5 billion just in payroll a year- not including fica, payroll taxes, etc. To our economy, yet they are the bad guys? Let's see them disappear and then you can see what effect they have on the economy.
Yes

Because despite all their profits, taxpayers still have to support their employees

Let's see, they supply around $5 billion just in payroll a year- not including fica, payroll taxes, etc. To our economy, yet they are the bad guys? Let's see them disappear and then you can see what effect they have on the economy.
Yes

Because despite all their profits, taxpayers still have to support their employees

I don't think that's a truly fair statement at all. You can't look at just corporate income tax paid by the WM to assess how much they contribute to the tax base, you have to look at other things such as sales tax and property tax and then look even further at things such as how many local businesses have business because Wal Mart provides jobs to their customers?

Like I said, Wal Mart wouldn't even make a top50 list of corporate offenders when it comes to sucking up tax money.

Personally I'd use fast food chains as my bogeyman if I was a liberal hell bent on besmirching corporate America.

10569023_10152306049910669_1319932179068603252_n.jpg

If you really want to have a conversation about Welfare and who the real "takers" are -- let's start with this.

prove any of those numbers are true please

wal mart wouldn't even make a top 50 of evil corporations . And there are evil corporations out there

You can't be serious. All that's been reported and linked to many times.

And not just Wal-Mart:

Fast-Food Wages Come With a 7 Billion Side of Public Assistance - Businessweek

Abolish Welfare.
Abolish SNAP.
Abolish the minimum wage.
I appreciate an honest Republican

Better than those who pretend they care about struggling Americans

The people who pretend to care are the ones who want to force others to pay their bills.
I am willing to help people who need helping...it is the American way

You are willing to say..."let em die"......it is the republican way
You' re willing to volunteer to raise other people's taxes to pay out more to keep people dependent on the government.
Just so we're clear here.

10569023_10152306049910669_1319932179068603252_n.jpg

If you really want to have a conversation about Welfare and who the real "takers" are -- let's start with this.

prove any of those numbers are true please

wal mart wouldn't even make a top 50 of evil corporations . And there are evil corporations out there

You can't be serious. All that's been reported and linked to many times.

And not just Wal-Mart:

Fast-Food Wages Come With a 7 Billion Side of Public Assistance - Businessweek

That is obviously a slanted report that only uses stats that support the opinion they had before they wrote the article.

And by the way numb nuts, I SUPPORT raising the minimum wage.

The only way you can get a good job paying a living wage is through education. And we know what Republicans think about education.

Abolish Welfare.
Abolish SNAP.

The people who pretend to care are the ones who want to force others to pay their bills.

You' re willing to volunteer to raise other people's taxes to pay out more to keep people dependent on the government.

That's certainly not my argument. I want to see higher wages so less people will be dependent on Government. However, you do make a valid point. Some on this thread are arguing for that.

The only way you can get a good job paying a living wage is through education. And we know what Republicans think about education.

What are you talking about? How much fucking education do you need to flip burgers? And guess what? We'll always need burger flippers. so the argument that education will solve everything is equally stupid whether made by a liberal or a conservative.

Abolish Welfare.
Abolish SNAP.

I have to say this is a valid point. What are the Communists/Progressives on this thread saying? They should clarify.

Abolish Welfare.
Abolish SNAP.

You' re willing to volunteer to raise other people's taxes Wpay out more to keep people dependent on the government.

I have to say this is a valid point. What are the Communists/Progressives on this thread saying? They should clarify.

I'll make the argument for them, sort of because I'll make some points here than neither side wants to make.

A) You don't get an individual say in what your tax dollars are spent for. So if "your" party loses your tax dollars WILL naturally go to support things you don't approve of. Obama may have been an ass to say it on TV , but when he told McCain "Now John the election is over and you lost" it was the truth.

B) This is the point neither side will like. If we took EVERY government agency and knocked 10% off their budget and told them to deal with it, they would out a way and taxes wouldn't even have to be raised at all

C) If you raise the minimum wage to $10/Hr and make a few minor changes to the eligibility requirements for welfare programs you knock about 1/3rd of the people who are currently collecting right off the welfare rolls.

Abolish Welfare.
Abolish SNAP.

That's an interesting notion.

So, um, how can you expect others to "Pay their bills" if you keep letting the 1%ers screw them at every opportunity.

This is where you conservatives are kind of retarded. You keep creating more dependency by eliminating people's ability to support themselves, and then wonder why the vote for more government.

Abolish Welfare.
Abolish SNAP.

The reason they are "dependent on government" is because the lower end wage scale has not kept up with inflation

We need to fix that

This is why I believe the Republicans should push for a $10/hr minimum wage and tell the liberals to shut the fuck up. $7.25 an hour is NOT a reasonable wage, it just isn't. But this "living wage" crap is ridiculous.

Of course if you bump the minimum wage to $10 an hour you better be ready to see all the low skilled barely do enough to get by employees get let go. Companies will not pay that for employees who aren't worth it.

A machine sweeps, mops and scrubs away a dirty mess all by its lonesome. No, it’s not the plot to Wall-E 2. Instead it’s what will soon be a real life scenario for the Gov. Mifflin High School in Shillington, Pa. The Berks County school recently bought a robot, yes, a robot, to clean its floors.

The Gov. Mifflin School Board approved the $25,350 purchase during a 6-3 vote last week, according to the Reading Eagle.
Berks County School Buys Robot Janitor NBC 10 Philadelphia

So let's see the economics at work:
Janitor at this school making $15.00 Plus school pays additional SS/Medicare 7.25% or
Janitor hourly rate: $16/hour 40 hours per week 52 weeks or $33,462. Every year the janitor works.
hmmm... Janitor $33,462
robot janitor $25,350..
Savings first year $8,000.
Next 5 years: $165,000 for janitor... $0.00 for robot...
hmmm....

Abolish Welfare.
Abolish SNAP.

That's an interesting notion.

So, um, how can you expect others to "Pay their bills" if you keep letting the 1%ers screw them at every opportunity.

This is where you conservatives are kind of retarded. You keep creating more dependency by eliminating people's ability to support themselves, and then wonder why the vote for more government.

On the other hand, you have to admit that it isn't right that people who are working for minimum wage choose to just keep spitting out more kids to collect more welfare. I mean you have to know that isn't fair to the taxpayers. The system should be changed so that you aren't rewarded for having children you can't afford.

Forum List

Back