Walmart...

If Walmart is having a hard time it's not because of wages its because they are losing their market supremacy to Amazon. Both are looking to to make human workers a thing of the past. Every job that can be mechanized eventually will be because it's even cheaper than slave labor. Flesh and blood cannot compete with that.

Oh, I don't see Walmart having a hard time at all. The store was packed. The parking lot of my local store in Florida is always packed. Our store in Florida has increased the number of self-serve lanes after Florida voters approved a $15 minimum wage.

Simply put, the skill level of the job is not worthy of $15 an hour. So, in response, Walmart will invest in these self-serve aisles which will pay for themselves in pretty short order...
Yes we need to make sure all the profits flow up to the Walton family, who enjoy their many mansions, private jets, and exotic vacations.
I'm not sure what your point is.

The Walton family makes a shit-ton of money. They figured out a formula for raking in mountains of cash while building a fiercly loyal customer base. Good for them, man. American dream and all that.

But the fact of the matter is that paying someone $15 an hour to run a cash register is stupid. I'm not sure how Target does it; they do have fewer employees than Walmart. Walmart simply decided that it would not be dictated to. As much as I dislike Walmart, I applaud them for that...
No. Wrong. The profits are enormous. Why have it all going to the top? The workers should unionize and negotiate big wage and benefit improvements.

If Walmart is having a hard time it's not because of wages its because they are losing their market supremacy to Amazon. Both are looking to to make human workers a thing of the past. Every job that can be mechanized eventually will be because it's even cheaper than slave labor. Flesh and blood cannot compete with that.

Oh, I don't see Walmart having a hard time at all. The store was packed. The parking lot of my local store in Florida is always packed. Our store in Florida has increased the number of self-serve lanes after Florida voters approved a $15 minimum wage.

Simply put, the skill level of the job is not worthy of $15 an hour. So, in response, Walmart will invest in these self-serve aisles which will pay for themselves in pretty short order...
Yes we need to make sure all the profits flow up to the Walton family, who enjoy their many mansions, private jets, and exotic vacations.
Why do you insist a company has to pay more to get something done than they need to? Would you insist they pay an army of people to mop the floors on hands and knees when they don't need to?

The Walton family makes a shit-ton of money. They figured out a formula for raking in mountains of cash while building a fiercly loyal customer base. Good for them, man. American dream and all that.

But the fact of the matter is that paying someone $15 an hour to run a cash register is stupid. I'm not sure how Target does it; they do have fewer employees than Walmart. Walmart simply decided that it would not be dictated to. As much as I dislike Walmart, I applaud them for that...
No. Wrong. The profits are enormous. Why have it all going to the top? The workers should unionize and negotiate big wage and benefit improvements.
Then even more jobs will be automated out of existence.

Nope.

Why do you insist a company has to pay more to get something done than they need to? Would you insist they pay an army of people to mop the floors on hands and knees when they don't need to?
Because workers deserve a good wage. Why do you like living in the richest nation in the world but where millions of workers get paid poorly, while the ultra rich make enormous sums of cash?

It's American capitalism you are mad about but you just might burn in Hell if you criticize it.

Oh, no, I'm not mad at all. I was merely making an observation.

In Florida, we're going to be going to $15 an hour eventually. This will have a definite adverse effect on some of my employees. My janitation crew has been told that when minimum wage hits $13 an hour (September, 20, 2024) they will be let go. It just doesn't make sense to pay them that much when I can contract it out for a lot less. Since making that announcement two people have moved to different departments, and I suspect there will be more...

I wouldn't feel sorry for jobless cashiers. They probably vote Democrat.
You probably feel sorry for the richest family in the world, the Waltons.
I admire them. I'm happy for them. Walmart has been a Godsend with reasonable priced grocery and items.

They have kept competition from going wild on prices.

I admire them. Now you libturds have done this......My God how do you people fucking live?

The prices at Walmart are great, no doubt about it. When all the stores were unionized, the prices folks had to pay were a lot higher.
Well the welfare of the American public has been made better. But some schlocks say...Bad...Bad Waltons..............LOLOL....................Who fucking cares about the Waltons??....Well I did have a crush on Mary Ellen though

It's American capitalism you are mad about but you just might burn in Hell if you criticize it.

In Florida, we're going to be going to $15 an hour eventually. This will have a definite adverse effect on some of my employees. My janitation crew has been told that when minimum wage hits $13 an hour (September, 20, 2024) they will be let go. It just doesn't make sense to pay them that much when I can contract it out for a lot less. Since making that announcement two people have moved to different departments, and I suspect there will be more...
Fear mongering merely helps the ultra rich.

Automation is going to happen regardless of the minimum wage and it always has. A higher minimum wage may hasten it, but it's not the cause of it.

People forget that businesses don't exist to provide you with a job. A job is a byproduct of their existence.
You may accept a nation full of poor desperate people, but I’d rather not. Have you consider this?

I wouldn't feel sorry for jobless cashiers. They probably vote Democrat.
You probably feel sorry for the richest family in the world, the Waltons.
I admire them. I'm happy for them. Walmart has been a Godsend with reasonable priced grocery and items.

They have kept competition from going wild on prices.

I admire them. Now you libturds have done this......My God how do you people fucking live?
You’re nuts.
You see. It ain't my GD business what anyone in this fucking world makes besides myself.

None of my fucking business , and cointenly not yours.

I don't spend my life worrying about others incomes.
Yeah who gives a fuck about other people? I’ve got mine fuck you!
If you ran things, they would become ruins.lol

You tell me what fucking business it is of mine what anyone frikkin makes dude. Not my worry or concern.

This class hatred bull shit is getting old.

Automation is going to happen regardless of the minimum wage and it always has. A higher minimum wage may hasten it, but it's not the cause of it.

People forget that businesses don't exist to provide you with a job. A job is a byproduct of their existence.
You may accept a nation full of poor desperate people, but I’d rather not. Have you consider this?
Who said I did? I'm merely pointing out a fact no matter how inconvenient that may be to your world view.

Fear mongering merely helps the ultra rich.
Where's the fear mongering?

I'm wealthy enough, I suppose, but I'm eons away from being "ultra rich".

How is letting someone know that their position will be eliminated, three years in advance of it happening, "fear mongering"?

Who said I did? I'm merely pointing out a fact no matter how inconvenient that may be to your world view.
One can’t operate a business without workers. Right?

But my Big Mac might cost me an extra quarter!

Nope.
Yes, they absolutely will. A company is not going to keep using humans to do work that can be done more cheaply by a machine, especially when the company down the street is operating at a lower cost.

When I was growing up, there were elevator operators in all the high-rise office buildings in Downtown Pittsburgh. When you drove into a "gas" station, someone came out and cleaned your windshield, checked your oil and tire pressure, and collected the money, all without charge and certainly with no expectation of getting a tip. When you went into a retail store, there was a clerk on duty who helped you find and select your purchase.

Crappy jobs all, and all gone now.

When the cost of any commodity goes up (human effort being a commodity), the users of that commodity look for ways to use less of it, or stop using it altogether.

Human nature.

If a $15/hr minimum wage is good, then why be niggardly about it? Why not $25? $50?

You can't buy a house on $15/hr, or put a kid through college.
Tell that to a person working a MW job and see what they say. Paying $15 per hour could make a big difference in their lives, but you don’t care about your fellow Americans. Fuck them. Right?

When I was a teen working as a Pump Man for Exxon, sure I would have loved to have the corporation pay me $15 / hour instead of the $1.60 they were ponying up. It would have made a big difference in my life as a teen.

But it just wasn't viable for XOM.

Those same Gas Stations went self serve when min wage was $2.00 an hour

They do it because the technology is there

Forum List

Back