Want to lower unemployment???

I think we should go back to company stores and wage tokens. Poor Corporations need all the help they can get.

Good idea. As long as people are working they should be happy since money can't buy happiness. The employers will prosper and will trickle down their profits on the employees. We could call it trickle down.

“ONCE UPON A time in the land of America, there lived triplet brothers named Tom, Dick, and Harry Class. They were 45 years old, had virtually the same aptitude (skill), and were raised in the same home. Each was married and had two children. All three were employed as carpenters making $25 per hour, working 50 weeks a year.

While they were almost identical in most respects, they had somewhat different preferences and values. For example, Tom, who worked 20 hours a week, had a different work ethic from his brothers, Dick and Harry, who each worked 60 hours per week.

Neither Tom’s nor Dick’s wives worked, while Harry’s wife worked 40 hours per week as an office manager making $50,000 per year (the same hourly rate as her husband).

Tom and Dick spent all of their income, and were relying on Social Security to take care of them when they retired. Harry and his wife, on the other hand, saved most of her after-tax income over many years, gradually accumulating $300,000. They invested this money in bonds and real estate that produced $25,000 a year in interest and rental income. “The Inequity of the Progressive Income Tax | Hoover Institution

a. Obama: “ If you’ve got a business -- you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen.”
Which one… Tom, Dick, or Harry Class? From which one should we ‘redistribute”?
And, how much?

Wise up.

Fairy Tale

Reality: Jerry and Joe graduated highschool in the late 70's. They went to work for a construction firm. They stayed in the construction business for 30 years, sometimes working 18 hour days, 7 days a week. They made about $15 an hour in the beginning. Now, thanks to illegals and immigrants, David still makes about $15 an hour, only he has to drive for hours to get to his job and they are few and far between. Joe lost his job when an MS-13 gang threatened the foreman and he fired every American on his payroll and hired the MS-13 gang.

Today Joe runs a lawn mowing business under the table and makes a small living. Jerry's body is breaking down from the backbreaking work and he has no retirement to fall back on. Meanwhile, his sister, who has been working since she graduated from high school, lost her job when the food service industry she was working for lost it's contract with Warehouser. In her 50's, she can't find a job, even the fast food joints won't hire her. She's moved back in with her mother.

Dawn, who has torette's syndrome and has been working as a maid for 30 years makes barely more than minimum wage and her body too is breaking down. Nearly 60, the only retirement she has to look forward to is social security. She's never made enough to pay the bills let alone put aside anything for her retirement. She too has moved back in with her mother.

John, however, went into the military and when he got out, he went to school on the GI bill and was lucky enough to get a job at Boeing making good money. He also was in the national guard. He was called up to serve and the government gave him a housing allowance which he used to purchase another house while he rented his out. Now he has two houses. He also invested in a restaurant that went belly up, his father and brother ran the restaurant while he was in Iraq, his father putting $thousands of his own money into the business to keep it going. Somehow, John didn't have to pay for that, never even paid back his folks a dime of the money they invested in his restaurant. He still owns his two homes his suv, his rv, etc.

Barry also got a job at Boeing. He's been spending money like there is no tomorrow. All of these people are siblings. Their mother is living off of social security and they are still depending on her to help them all these years later.

Meanwhile, we're paying $400 a month to help my father in law, we have two special needs kids and no extra money, heck we can barely afford to heat our house, I'm freezing. Still, I think that people who are working deserve a living wage. How terrible of me. I don't think my father in law should have to depend on us to supplement his living. I don't think ANYONE should have to rely on the government with the exception of the disabled.

The above people are real, the names were changed to protect my friends from idiots on the internet.

How come your not out there hiring folks?

Oh...cause you never had a business....just lots of opinions about how awful folks with businesses are.

If you can't make a profit paying workers at least the current minimum wage, then you're probably not cut out to be a businessman,

at least not in America.

"... then you're probably not cut out to be a businessman...."

And here we have the problem with America today: the more ignorant one is, the more they feel imbued with the knowledge of how others should live.

The ignorant ones would be the ones who don't know how to come up with a business plan that produces a profit while still paying decent wages.

All over America there are profitable businesses that manage to pay good wages, manage to handle the regulations, manage to make their workplace safe, manage to avoid polluting the environment, etc., etc., etc.

If they can do it, everyone can.

Hey look who agreed with you....another CEO.

No, Einstein....the employer who wants to hire unskilled or low skilled workers cannot because of the legal wage scales.

He could hire if there were a free market.

In other words, we could build the I-Phone and several thousand other products here instead of in China,

if American workers could be forced to work for 50 cents an hour.

Why other words, I'm pretty articulate. Use mine.

Bulletin: 13th amendment passed.

You don't like the pay, don't take the job.

Move to another one, or create your own.

"Angie’s official title is Founder and Chief Marketing Officer. She holds an MBA from Harvard Business School and a bachelor’s degree in economics from DePauw University, in Greencastle, IN, which named her a 2007 Distinguished Alumni for Management and Entrepreneurship. She was named a Torchbearer Award winner in March 2009 by the Indiana Commission for Women, in recognition of her entrepreneurial accomplishments and for providing a positive example of the influence women have on their community and the state of Indiana. She was also selected as a "Forty Under 40" honoree by Indianapolis Business Journal for outstanding professional achievements."
Meet the Angie behind Angie's List, Angies List

You rival healthmyths for having the highest percentage of replies that bear little or no relevance to the post you're replying to,

and to be perfectly clear, that is not a positive quality.

YOU POSTED:
"Low wage jobs are not charity. They only exist because the employer needs them."
SO what the f...k does that have to do with reality??? Of course the employer would LIKE workers to work for NOTHING! But he'd have no workers!
Employers want the lowest cost to produce a profit...DUH!!! do you understand???

"If an employer has 10 people working for him at $7.25 an hour, it's because he needs 10 man-hours of work done per hour."
First of all YOU are wrong! It is NOT $7.25 per hour BUT add the additional SS/Medicare/FUTA taxes which YOU obviously didn't know Employers pay,
THAT makes the job $8.26 per hour you dummy!

"If you lower the minimum wage to 6.25, does he hire an extra person? Of course not.
He doesn't NEED an extra person. 10 people are getting the job done that he needs done..."
How in the f..k do you know?? YOU don't! But at now $7.12 ($6.25 PLUS 87 cents for SS/Medicare/FUTA taxes)
He can INCREASE business hours, increase production INCREASE Profits with MORE workers dummy!!!

"lower the minimum wage to 6.25, and all that happens is that the employer pockets an extra 10 bucks for every hour his people work."

SO f..king WHAT the difference?? Is the employer as you said a CHARITY offering work for people because the business is an eleemosynary entity?
F..K no! So what if he did keep the difference??
Unlike you he probably won't hide the extra money under his mattress or bury in the backyard!
MOST likely would spend it ... YEA... increase consumption!! Or invest it.. YEA!!! lower interest rates!
All of the above is BETTER then RAISING the minimum to $9.00 which really means the employer pays $10.25/ hour with SS/Medicare/FUTA!!!
So the employer at $10.25 because of the $9.00 minimum has to let people go!

So you admit that the lower minimum wage just means higher profits for the employer, not more jobs for the worker.

You do understand that the lower the minimum wage, the more the worker will be eligible for in tax payer funded needs based benefits, right?

First of all be accurate! The employer doesn't pay $7.25 but $8.25.. due to SS/Medicare/FUTA you keep forgetting that.
50 employees at 40 hours at 52 weeks is NOT $754,000 as you calculate but $858,800..
So get that straight the employer pays over 13% above the $7.25! Do you understand now what the distinction is!!!

But who would these tax payer funded payments go to ? Mostly teenagers who live with their parents?
Because you are totally ignoring who makes up the "minimum wage" population!!

GET YOUR FACTS!!!
Characteristics of Minimum Wage Workers: 2011
Among those paid by the hour, 1.7 million earned exactly the prevailing Federal minimum wage of $7.25 per hour.
About 2.2 million had wages below the minimum.
Since the majority of minimum wage, minimum skills are Teenagers (16 to 19 years) over 23.4 million

And even so .. So what??? The owner gets lower wage employees GETS all those EVIL profits... and what does he do with them?
He certainly isn't as stupid as you by burying these EXCESS profits in his backyard or under his mattress!
I bet he's smarter then you and he goes out buys a yacht!! Yea way to go spend the money!
OR he invests it and as a result more companies can hire more people and buy more computers etc.
because unlike stupid you he wouldn't just bury the evil profits!
OH and guess what??? Those evil profits GENERATE TAXES and what's left the evil profiteer spends generates taxes!

What's the difference between the employer getting and spending the extra dollar per hour and the employee getting and spending the extra dollar an hour?

...other than the fact that the employee needs it more?

Do you realize btw that you've begun to argue against your original premise in this thread?

Good idea. As long as people are working they should be happy since money can't buy happiness. The employers will prosper and will trickle down their profits on the employees. We could call it trickle down.

“ONCE UPON A time in the land of America, there lived triplet brothers named Tom, Dick, and Harry Class. They were 45 years old, had virtually the same aptitude (skill), and were raised in the same home. Each was married and had two children. All three were employed as carpenters making $25 per hour, working 50 weeks a year.

While they were almost identical in most respects, they had somewhat different preferences and values. For example, Tom, who worked 20 hours a week, had a different work ethic from his brothers, Dick and Harry, who each worked 60 hours per week.

Neither Tom’s nor Dick’s wives worked, while Harry’s wife worked 40 hours per week as an office manager making $50,000 per year (the same hourly rate as her husband).

Tom and Dick spent all of their income, and were relying on Social Security to take care of them when they retired. Harry and his wife, on the other hand, saved most of her after-tax income over many years, gradually accumulating $300,000. They invested this money in bonds and real estate that produced $25,000 a year in interest and rental income. “The Inequity of the Progressive Income Tax | Hoover Institution

a. Obama: “ If you’ve got a business -- you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen.”
Which one… Tom, Dick, or Harry Class? From which one should we ‘redistribute”?
And, how much?

Wise up.

Fairy Tale

Reality: Jerry and Joe graduated highschool in the late 70's. They went to work for a construction firm. They stayed in the construction business for 30 years, sometimes working 18 hour days, 7 days a week. They made about $15 an hour in the beginning. Now, thanks to illegals and immigrants, David still makes about $15 an hour, only he has to drive for hours to get to his job and they are few and far between. Joe lost his job when an MS-13 gang threatened the foreman and he fired every American on his payroll and hired the MS-13 gang.

Today Joe runs a lawn mowing business under the table and makes a small living. Jerry's body is breaking down from the backbreaking work and he has no retirement to fall back on. Meanwhile, his sister, who has been working since she graduated from high school, lost her job when the food service industry she was working for lost it's contract with Warehouser. In her 50's, she can't find a job, even the fast food joints won't hire her. She's moved back in with her mother.

Dawn, who has torette's syndrome and has been working as a maid for 30 years makes barely more than minimum wage and her body too is breaking down. Nearly 60, the only retirement she has to look forward to is social security. She's never made enough to pay the bills let alone put aside anything for her retirement. She too has moved back in with her mother.

John, however, went into the military and when he got out, he went to school on the GI bill and was lucky enough to get a job at Boeing making good money. He also was in the national guard. He was called up to serve and the government gave him a housing allowance which he used to purchase another house while he rented his out. Now he has two houses. He also invested in a restaurant that went belly up, his father and brother ran the restaurant while he was in Iraq, his father putting $thousands of his own money into the business to keep it going. Somehow, John didn't have to pay for that, never even paid back his folks a dime of the money they invested in his restaurant. He still owns his two homes his suv, his rv, etc.

Barry also got a job at Boeing. He's been spending money like there is no tomorrow. All of these people are siblings. Their mother is living off of social security and they are still depending on her to help them all these years later.

Meanwhile, we're paying $400 a month to help my father in law, we have two special needs kids and no extra money, heck we can barely afford to heat our house, I'm freezing. Still, I think that people who are working deserve a living wage. How terrible of me. I don't think my father in law should have to depend on us to supplement his living. I don't think ANYONE should have to rely on the government with the exception of the disabled.

The above people are real, the names were changed to protect my friends from idiots on the internet.

You've changed the definitions that I provided because you have no answer for those realities.

And, in truth, mine represent the situation to a far greater extent than yours.

I'll be happy to prove it.

1. It is important to distinguish between more Americans getting richer, and only the rich getting richer. The latter, of course, is the default position of the Old Left Media. For example, the Left bemoans the declining percentage of Americans in the moderate-income range, between $35,000-$50,000. This is regularly called the ‘vanishing middle class.’

2. What is missed…and not by accident, is that the ‘disappearance’ is largely due to fact that the percentage of households with real incomes higher than $50,000 increased from 24.9% in 1967 to 44.1% in 2003, and the percentage with real incomes lower than $35,000 fell from 52.8% in 1967 to 40.9% . More On The Certain Equality Of Reaganomics - Forbes

a. “…in 1967 only one in 25 families earned an income of $100,000 or more in real income, whereas now, one in six do. The percentage of families that have an income of more than $75,000 a year has tripled from 9% to 27%. But it's not just the rich that are getting richer. Virtually every income group has been lifted by the tide of growth in recent decades.”
Great American Dream Machine

Thus, the middle class was growing richer, and moving up, rather than shrinking.

So you admit that the lower minimum wage just means higher profits for the employer, not more jobs for the worker.

You do understand that the lower the minimum wage, the more the worker will be eligible for in tax payer funded needs based benefits, right?

First of all be accurate! The employer doesn't pay $7.25 but $8.25.. due to SS/Medicare/FUTA you keep forgetting that.
50 employees at 40 hours at 52 weeks is NOT $754,000 as you calculate but $858,800..
So get that straight the employer pays over 13% above the $7.25! Do you understand now what the distinction is!!!

But who would these tax payer funded payments go to ? Mostly teenagers who live with their parents?
Because you are totally ignoring who makes up the "minimum wage" population!!

GET YOUR FACTS!!!
Characteristics of Minimum Wage Workers: 2011
Among those paid by the hour, 1.7 million earned exactly the prevailing Federal minimum wage of $7.25 per hour.
About 2.2 million had wages below the minimum.
Since the majority of minimum wage, minimum skills are Teenagers (16 to 19 years) over 23.4 million

And even so .. So what??? The owner gets lower wage employees GETS all those EVIL profits... and what does he do with them?
He certainly isn't as stupid as you by burying these EXCESS profits in his backyard or under his mattress!
I bet he's smarter then you and he goes out buys a yacht!! Yea way to go spend the money!
OR he invests it and as a result more companies can hire more people and buy more computers etc.
because unlike stupid you he wouldn't just bury the evil profits!
OH and guess what??? Those evil profits GENERATE TAXES and what's left the evil profiteer spends generates taxes!

What's the difference between the employer getting and spending the extra dollar per hour and the employee getting and spending the extra dollar an hour?

...other than the fact that the employee needs it more?

Do you realize btw that you've begun to argue against your original premise in this thread?

It's why trickle up is a much more effective economic stimulus plan than trickle down.

Trickle down has too many choke points. No telling what the more wealthy will do with that extra coin.

Folks in the middle to lower economic strata are almost guaranteed to dump virtually all of it back into the economy because they NEED stuff.

If you can't make a profit paying workers at least the current minimum wage, then you're probably not cut out to be a businessman,

at least not in America.

"... then you're probably not cut out to be a businessman...."

And here we have the problem with America today: the more ignorant one is, the more they feel imbued with the knowledge of how others should live.

The ignorant ones would be the ones who don't know how to come up with a business plan that produces a profit while still paying decent wages.

All over America there are profitable businesses that manage to pay good wages, manage to handle the regulations, manage to make their workplace safe, manage to avoid polluting the environment, etc., etc., etc.

If they can do it, everyone can.

Can you?

In other words, we could build the I-Phone and several thousand other products here instead of in China,

if American workers could be forced to work for 50 cents an hour.

"Angie’s official title is Founder and Chief Marketing Officer. She holds an MBA from Harvard Business School and a bachelor’s degree in economics from DePauw University, in Greencastle, IN, which named her a 2007 Distinguished Alumni for Management and Entrepreneurship. She was named a Torchbearer Award winner in March 2009 by the Indiana Commission for Women, in recognition of her entrepreneurial accomplishments and for providing a positive example of the influence women have on their community and the state of Indiana. She was also selected as a "Forty Under 40" honoree by Indianapolis Business Journal for outstanding professional achievements."

You rival healthmyths for having the highest percentage of replies that bear little or no relevance to the post you're replying to,

Once again, your lack of understanding in no way impinges on my accuracy of response.

You wrote: "...American workers could be forced...."

I explained why no force is involved nor required.

Folks are smarter and more better able to deal with their situations than you are.

Executive compensation.

Yes, and corporate profits:

corporate-profits-labor-share.jpg

As you can see, there has been a huge redistribution of wealth from the makers to the takers.

1. Do you own any stock? Then you're part of the 'corporate profits' that you hate. So are most Americans.

2. Labor gets most of the money in the economy.
"So, as productivity and skills increase, workers earn more. Productivity of workers in competitive markets is what determines the earnings of most workers; and it is not an accident that labor earns about 70% of the total output of the American economy, and capital earns about 30%."
Ferrara, "America's Ticking Bankruptcy Bomb," chapter nine.

and out of those earnings Government sucks up about 25% of GDP....without 'earning' a single dime....

minimum wage earners could get great wages if THEY got that money instead of the Government....libs need to realize the real 'EVIL' one is the money-sucking Government sucking dry great amounts of their hard work....

Once again, your lack of understanding in no way impinges on my accuracy of response.

You wrote: "...American workers could be forced...."

I explained why no force is involved nor required.

Folks are smarter and more better able to deal with their situations than you are.

What?

lol

Forum List

Back