War Of Northern Aggression

Lincoln started it. He sent an army to invade Virginia

Most historians agree that the start of the Civil War can be traced to April 12, 1861, at 4:30 a.m., when Confederate batteries opened fire on Fort Sumter in Charleston Harbor, South Carolina.

Most historians are Lincoln sycophants on the government payroll. They get paid to say that the federal government is justified in invading sovereign states.

ooo conspiracies......

Forgive me but what racist and historically inaccurate comments did he make?

That the Civil War was started by some Yankee General?

I've been reading most of the posts on this thread and it seems that the actual quotes from the man have been misrepresented on this thread.

He stated that Yankee General Started the NRA in NY to teach Yankees how to shoot in the War of Northern Aggression. Saying that is what it was called in the South.

It appears the video is preaching the TALKING POINTS of Media Matters and others in this case, which is nothing more than usual tactics by the Left to attack the NRA.

Nothing more and nothing less, while taking chit out of context.

I stand corrected. Fooled by the Young Turks again. Thanks for being Civil about your correction.

They weren't allowed to have representatives after 1865, and I doubt Lincoln would have allowed any representation from Southern states after the war started.

Actually, they withdrew their representatives voluntarily when they secceded, leaving empty seats in Congress.

I said "after 1865."

And you also said:

and I doubt Lincoln would have allowed any representation from Southern states after the war started.

My reply was to that portion of your remark.

I stand corrected. Fooled by the Young Turks again. Thanks for being Civil about your correction.

Much of what is stated in the Video is false. For example, they make a emphatic point that Wayne LaPierre called government officials "Jack booted thugs" AFTER Oklahoma City

A couple of days afterword. An anti government guy had just blown up a government building and killed 150 people in there and the guy is talking about jack booted thugs.

The "jack booted thugs" remark was made in a fundraising letter sent out in March of 1995 and related to ATF enforcement agents. OKC occured on April 19, 1995. The fact is that in May of 1995 LaPierre apologized for the "jack booted thugs" remark... The Young Turks are intentionally lying.

The lower South rose up against constitutional and electoral process, and Lincoln imposed the death penalty on them.

Invading states and murdering thousands of their citizens is not a "constitutional or electoral process."

When the southern states violated electoral and constitutional process and waged war on the nation, then AL, of course, acted constitutionally and ethically.

PaperView has skruled you many, many times, bripat, on this issue.

You were wrong then, you are wrong now, and you will never be right. Tis what tis.

Much of what is stated in the Video is false. For example, they make a emphatic point that Wayne LaPierre called government officials "Jack booted thugs" AFTER Oklahoma City

A couple of days afterword. An anti government guy had just blown up a government building and killed 150 people in there and the guy is talking about jack booted thugs.

The "jack booted thugs" remark was made in a fundraising letter sent out in March of 1995 and related to ATF enforcement agents. OKC occured on April 19, 1995. The fact is that in May of 1995 LaPierre apologized for the "jack booted thugs" remark... The Young Turks are intentionally lying.

Perhaps, I misremember, but I thought the jack booted thugs thing was a general broadside at ATF and the Brady Bill limits on "assault rifles" and magazine capacity. Mad Wayne couldn't have known OKC was on the horizon. Had OKC not happened, I doubt Mad Wayne apologized. Unlike BushSr, I didn't quit the NRA, but I never sent them any more dues money.

The Horror! Temple of Jupiter Defiled!

Meh, the taxpayers are going to be hit with a bill to restore the edifice of Caesar to his former glory, other than that, I can generate zip in the way of outrage.​

It was a war of yankee aggression. But we'll get our revenge yet by not taking your Yankee medicaid dollars. So there!

Ouch! you really know how to hurt a guy...
hnhaha4.gif
hnhaha4.gif
hnhaha4.gif
hnhaha4.gif

That the Civil War was started by some Yankee General?

Most historians agree that the start of the Civil War can be traced to April 12, 1861, at 4:30 a.m., when Confederate batteries opened fire on Fort Sumter in Charleston Harbor, South Carolina.

b-b-but on December 20, 1860 South Carolina issued;
We, the People of the State of South Carolina, in Convention assembled do declare and ordain, and it is hereby declared and ordained, That the Ordinance adopted by us in Convention, on the twenty-third day of May in the year of our Lord One Thousand Seven hundred and eight eight, whereby the Constitution of the United State of America was ratified, and also all Acts and parts of Acts of the General Assembly of this State, ratifying amendment of the said Constitution, are here by repealed; and that the union now subsisting between South Carolina and other States, under the name of “The United States of America,” is hereby dissolved.

When it was established that Lincoln was going to re-supply the troops at Ft. Sumter, the Confederates sent an emissary to the fort to announce that Southern forces were going to fire on it. They advised the Union troops to go deep within the recesses of the fort to avoid injury. The Union troops took their advice and the Confederates fired on the fort. After enough fire to satisfy form, the Union troops emerged and surrendered. The only injury during the much-vaunted event was a union cannoneer who was killed when a cannon misfired while the Union troops were firing a salute to the Confederates.

The Confederate troops stood at attention and saluted the Union troops as they left.

Lincoln wanted his war and he got it.
Throughout history, there are many instances of the early battles being conducted with civility and respect. However it never lasts, once the blood starts to flow, all the atrocities of war become commonly accepted behavior.

We, the People of the State of South Carolina, in Convention assembled do declare and ordain, and it is hereby declared and ordained, That the Ordinance adopted by us in Convention, on the twenty-third day of May in the year of our Lord One Thousand Seven hundred and eight eight, whereby the Constitution of the United State of America was ratified, and also all Acts and parts of Acts of the General Assembly of this State, ratifying amendment of the said Constitution, are here by repealed; and that the union now subsisting between South Carolina and other States, under the name of “The United States of America,” is hereby dissolved.

So?

So?

So, the US of A said no way, and that is how it still stands. One Nation, Indivisable, and traitors that would make it otherwise can go straight to hell.

So?

So, the US of A said no way, and that is how it still stands. One Nation, Indivisable, and traitors that would make it otherwise can go straight to hell.

Lincoln is the only one who said "no way." That doesn't prove that the Constitution bars secession. It only proves that tyrants are willing to use whatever means necessary to stop it.

Note how libs always come out on the side of tyrants.

Lincoln is the only one who said "no way." That doesn't prove that the Constitution bars secession. It only proves that tyrants are willing to use whatever means necessary to stop it.

Note how libs always come out on the side of tyrants.

Lincoln was a tyrant?

Good grief!

You don't even know what a tyrant is, do you?

we don't yet know who the vandals are or if there is a connection to the President of the NRA's racist and historically inaccurate comments and the Lincoln Memorial vandals but...

......that will not inhibit you in the least from attempting to transform correlation into causation in order to feed your own confirmation bias.

One rule to remember, everything before BUT is BS.

Here is my take on the civil war.

No matter what anyone says it was over the institution of slavery. It can be wrapped in state's rights but it was the right to hold slaves and expand slavery into the new territories that was the reason for the war.

Evidence is that when the abolitionist Lincoln was elected the south left the Union. They declared themselves another country. Slavery was well established in this new country's founding ideals.

Then this new country attacks the Union without provocation thus starting a shooting war that did not have to happen.

If arrogance and bravado wins wars then the south would have won. Unfortunately they lacked the manpower and the ability to wage a protracted war. When Lee lost the war for them at Gettysburg the south was finished.

So just like many nations before it the south lost and their territories take over by the victor. There is always a price for waging war.

The South was lucky and a benevolent Lincoln made sure they were welcomed back into the Union without much of a penalty that they did not already suffer. That is before a back shooting coward lost causer ended the life of the ONE man who would have assured that the south would be treated fairly. What happened to the south can only be blamed on themselves.

Last edited:
The lower South rose up against constitutional and electoral process, and Lincoln imposed the death penalty on them.

Invading states and murdering thousands of their citizens is not a "constitutional or electoral process."

When the southern states violated electoral and constitutional process and waged war on the nation, then AL, of course, acted constitutionally and ethically.

PaperView has skruled you many, many times, bripat, on this issue.

You were wrong then, you are wrong now, and you will never be right. Tis what tis.

He is correct now. He was correct then. Wake up. The federal government invaded the Confederacy for purely economic reasons. The Confederate states freely joined the union and were free to leave it. That WAS prevailing thought then. Making stuff up after the fact isn't history, it's lying.

Forum List

Back