War on Christmas

There is a church on every corner in my town. That isn't sufficient property for you to erect a manger on?

No, they won't rest until they can expose everyone to the allegedly only true religion. Putting an Xmas tree in their living room may make them happy but it doesn't expose us heathens to their magic solution to everyone's problems.

"Christmas (IPA: /krɪsməs/), also referred to as Christmas Day or Christmastide, is an annual holiday celebrated on December 25 that marks and honors the birth of Jesus of Nazareth.[2][3][4] His birth, which is the basis for the anno Domini system of dating, has been determined by modern historians as having occurred between 7 and 2 BC. The date of celebration is not thought to be Jesus' actual date of birth. It may have been chosen to coincide with the winter solstice,[5] which the ancient Romans celebrated on December 25.[6]

Christmas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Was there a point to this?

Nice try, but wrong again YAWN.

"A Wal-Mart spokesman, Dan Folgleman, called it a “tragic situation,” and said the victim had been hired from a temporary staffing agency and assigned to maintenance work. "

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/29/business/29walmart.html
Regardless, unless Walmart has changed its policy recently, they do have greeters. At my local Walmart it is usually a grumpy old man doling out shopping carts and return stickers.

No, they won't rest until they can expose everyone to the allegedly only true religion. Putting an Xmas tree in their living room may make them happy but it doesn't expose us heathens to their magic solution to everyone's problems.

Yes, god knows, our society would collapse without those ten commandments in the courtrooms. None of us who work in the field could even remotely do our jobs without their guidance.

Nice try, but wrong again YAWN.

"A Wal-Mart spokesman, Dan Folgleman, called it a “tragic situation,” and said the victim had been hired from a temporary staffing agency and assigned to maintenance work. "

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/29/business/29walmart.html

A lot of other news stories describe him as a WalMart greeter.
Also you can refer to me as YWN. Thanks.

Although the existence of WalMart greeters is not relevant to the topic being discussed, WalMart does have them.

Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. - New Boston Wal-Mart Supercenter Celebrates Grand Opening

The 7:30 a.m. grand opening ceremony will begin with an invocation by Ron Rinnert, a Wal-Mart greeter. Mayor Johnny Branson and Chamber of Commerce President Kelly Branson will attend. Samples by Coke, Pepsi, Bluebell, Nabisco, Fuji and other products carried by Wal-Mart will be given away at the opening

it's not like we're trying to give you smallpox or anything,, jeez whatever a christian exposes you to will do you no harm, unless you get in a perpetual state of twitchiness! :lol::lol::lol:

Yes, god knows, our society would collapse without those ten commandments in the courtrooms. None of us who work in the field could even remotely do our jobs without their guidance.

It doesn't say much for the integrity of folks who can't behave unless they have the 10 commandments posted in the room.

it's not like we're trying to give you smallpox or anything,, jeez whatever a christian exposes you to will do you no harm, unless you get in a perpetual state of twitchiness! :lol::lol::lol:

So you want to violate the Constitution and commandeer the government to promote your religion and roll your eyes at us for complaining? We won't allow ourselves to be doormats anymore. We have the Constitution on our side so get used to it or move somewhere where there is a theocracy.

I think it's a bit hypocritical of stores to sell Christmas decorations, Christmas trees, push the idea of purchasing Christmas presents and all the while substituted the word "holiday" for Christmas.

They do sell things related to other religious holidays too, you know.

Originally Posted by catzmeow
Is your faith so puny that you need the secular state to prop it up? Or, can it exist singularly in your heart, without such impositions on other people?

I guess I missed the part in Matthew 5 where Jesus says, "And make sure you post the ten commandments in every courtroom and a manger at every city hall."

I'd like you to explain to me why you NEED those things in those locations. Your post makes it sound like it's really no big deal, so why the furor? I'm quite certain that in every small town in America, there is a church within a block of city hall with a front lawn wide enough for a manger....So, why the indignation over moving the manger there?

give me something besides yer talking points. and Merry Merry Christmas..

Translation: WillowTree can't answer your question. Big surprise there.

Yeah, about as much of a point as your 'yule' wiki. Love how you guys throw out the 'pagan' stuff. Christmas TODAY is celebrated as a religious celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ.
To many, that is correct. Sadly, to many others it seems to be the prolonged whine of an entitlement junkie. Why don't you quit whining and ask yourself, what would Jesus do?

Yeah, about as much of a point as your 'yule' wiki. Love how you guys throw out the 'pagan' stuff. Christmas TODAY is celebrated as a religious celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ.

So why isn't Christmas in September?

The only flaws with christmas:

1. Christians think it's their religion. Face it, it's nothing about christians except one tiny misplaced myth.

2. It's slowly creeping into other holidays.

3. It's the same songs, movies, and images every year and that's just annoying.

Regardless, unless Walmart has changed its policy recently, they do have greeters. At my local Walmart it is usually a grumpy old man doling out shopping carts and return stickers.

And the one I went to yesterday didn't.

A lot of other news stories describe him as a WalMart greeter.

Couldn't find them. Did find one on Fox that said they put him up front cause he was a big guy. Maybe they thought he'd somehow control the crowd because of that. No mention of him being a greeter though.

Although the existence of WalMart greeters is not relevant to the topic being discussed, WalMart does have them.

Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. - New Boston Wal-Mart Supercenter Celebrates Grand Opening

The 7:30 a.m. grand opening ceremony will begin with an invocation by Ron Rinnert, a Wal-Mart greeter. Mayor Johnny Branson and Chamber of Commerce President Kelly Branson will attend. Samples by Coke, Pepsi, Bluebell, Nabisco, Fuji and other products carried by Wal-Mart will be given away at the opening

Maybe they just hire them for grand openings. :D

Last edited:

Forum List

Back