Warnock is a better candidate than Abrams, will beat Walker, Stacey was too obsessed with being media darling, he ran as a centrist who works with GOP

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
this was the analysis by Tim Miller at the tail end of this podcast, and i agree with him. Walker will fall at Warnock's feet because Warnock is a workhorse centrist, meanwhile radical liberal Abrams fell at Kemp's feet because she's too far to the left and more concerned with being on the cover of Time Magazine

Once again the bar was set very low. Neither is worthy of winning.

I disagree. How is Abrams more to the Left than Warnock? I did not even realize you could be more Left wing than Warnock.

WTH?

I heard one guy say that the reason Kemp destroyed Abrams by such a wide margin, was that he was............wait for it.............white.

Could it be that Georgia is still like this?

Dunno, but it makes the most sense to me so far on how Georgia could be all for Kemp but not for Hershel.

this was the analysis by Tim Miller at the tail end of this podcast, and i agree with him. Walker will fall at Warnock's feet because Warnock is a workhorse centrist, meanwhile radical liberal Abrams fell at Kemp's feet because she's too far to the left and more concerned with being on the cover of Time Magazine

Anybody with a pulse knows Warnock lied and is not a centrist.

Anybody with a pulse knows Warnock lied and is not a centrist.
Warnock abuses his wife and is a slum lord who does the same to his poor tenants along with being a charlatan reverend.

Warnock is even worse of a candidate than Fetterman, who is basically a drooling vegetable.

In fact, Abrams is hands down a much better candidate.

But yea, Warnock wins anyway, so we must all ask, why?

Hmm?

Warnock has benefitted by running against two flawed Trump candidates
Damn near every Prog is a cookie cutter rubber stamp vote. Repubs are not. Progs will vote for concentration camps when the times comes.

That is simple nonsense. This is from someone who is on the ground in Georgia.

"Even before Alito’s draft hit the street, though, there were whispers—orchestrated and organic—that Abrams quietly endured. The back-fence talk said the former Georgia House Minority Leader didn’t “look like a governor.” They took issue with the package—an unapologetically Black woman with short natural hairstyle, gapped teeth, and pudgy frame—but not the substance.

The source was especially disheartening: other Black people. “Couldn’t she have lost some weight in the last four years?” one deep South state legislator asked over dinner. “And where is her husband?” The ugly underlying questions and insinuations about her sexuality were stunning and maddening, and often came with a side of sugar from some of the people who purported to support her—other Democrats.

Those things had been said before. But this time, four years after she first tossed her hat in the ring and with millions more in her war-chest, the voices grew louder. There was a new line of attack. This time they say she was just too famous.

While it’s true that Georgians tend to like their governors homegrown and home fed. Some—Black and white alike—complained that she spent too much time crisscrossing the country, dining with Hollywood elites, hobnobbing with superstars, and appearing on national talk shows and at concerts where the applause was deafening. That she was too busy being famous, too busy leading on national issues, struck me as an indictment on what they believe drives Abrams.

The truth is, she isn’t afraid of Klieg-lights, but she uses them to shine a spotlight on the issues that matter most like voter suppression and criminal justice reform. The fact that she wasn’t “anointed” by the Atlanta political class still rubs some the wrong way, as if she needed a permission slip to leave the state or run for higher office. Righteously indignant and always on message, Abrams built her coalition the hard way—house-by-house and vote-by-vote—but the political jealousies made their rounds in both conservative and liberal circles. The stench of envy welled up among even people who should have been proud of her ascent."

It is sad that people are worried about other things than what a person looks like or even personal jealously. Also unfortunately racism plays a role in it as well. I look at issues and clearly Abrams was the superior candidate.

Forum List

Back