Warren is heartless to those who save for college

More abdication of Personal Responsibility-THE liberal mantra.
The Entire Left and the Entire Right Are Mortal Enemies of Populism

The Cons treat their own Preppies permissively. They must be overthrown, and their brats stripped of all privileges...

Have you started looking into real estate in Venezuela, comrade?

How many times, in how many contexts, cultures and places, must it be proven that envy and theft do not create prosperity before the bitter idiots of the world get the point?

Last edited:
Hey, I don't blame the players for taking advantage of the way the system is set up for them. I'm just noting that the schools obviously don't feel it important to actually TEACH these guys. They are only there for the sports, to give the schools a good name and to make money for the schools.

Do the kids not bear some responsibility for not getting an education when it is handed to them on a silver platter? The majority of kids do get an education and graduate with their degree. The majority of schools go out of their way to educate, teach, tutor and more to get them up to par. For some, it doesn't work.

Do these star athletes get special treatment? Sure, they bring in millions of dollars, recognition, and prestige to the institution. The cash they bring in also pays for far less popular sports as well as providing many of the academic scholarships.

More abdication of Personal Responsibility-THE liberal mantra.
Getting a college education shows personal responsibility

Only if you do the responsible thing and pay for it.

Pocahontas was real clear last week in her message to people who paid instead of taking out loans and letting the taxpayers pay.

"Tough Shit" to guys like my friend who is sending his daughter to Drexel Medical and paying the tuition bills.

The Reason Jocks Are Privileged Is to Insult Those Who Deserve Those Privileges Instead

First, the jocks have no more right to be in the classroom than National Merit scholars should automatically be given a place on the football team. Second, if they want to make money off something that has nothing to do with education, why not give "scholarships" to topless dancers who will work for free at college-owned tittie bars? Third, if the colleges make so much money off sports, why have the costs for tuition and textbooks soared far beyond inflation? Let the slick liars in their Economics Department try to explain all that.

That's just silly! Was there a point or just your need to post SOMETHING!

Sport has been an important part of education since the ancient Greeks. Scholar athletes tend to outperform their nonsport counterparts.

Sport has been an important part of education since the ancient Greeks. Scholar athletes tend to outperform their nonsport counterparts.
Actually, they only outperform them on the playing field

In the classroom, they don’t.

A lot of athletically inclined students do very well in the classroom.

The New York Times reported that Donald Trump graduated 1st in his class at Penn, and later Trump went on to star at the Showcase of the Immortals in Wrestlemania 23.

So because you were overcharged for education......everyone else must be

yeah and gee... you think maybe tuition raised a million times faster than inflation had anything to do with the government?
Maybe?

:rolleyes:

Not in private universities

Say-Wut-S.png

Then Harvard must have some of the lowest cost tuitions in the country.

Harvard could charge nothing for tuition today and never run out of money. They have over $37 BILLION in endowments.

What a crock. The per cent of people who paid cash for college is ridiculously low.

like under 10%.

Meanwhile the millions who are carrying crushing debt...you seem not at all worried about them or what freeing that money up would do for the economy

You must have been in a hurry to hit the "POST REPLY" button as you forgot to include your reliable source and working link.

I paid cash for mine, graduating from a well-known university. Granted, winning a tournament my last year speeded things up.

The New York Times reported that Donald Trump graduated 1st in his class at Penn, and later Trump went on to star at the Showcase of the Immortals in Wrestlemania 23.

Donald Trump is barely remembered for his time at Penn

So because you were overcharged for education......everyone else must be

yeah and gee... you think maybe tuition raised a million times faster than inflation had anything to do with the government?
Maybe?

:rolleyes:

Not in private universities

Say-Wut-S.png

Then Harvard must have some of the lowest cost tuitions in the country.

Harvard could charge nothing for tuition today and never run out of money. They have over $37 BILLION in endowments.
Ya think?

Like Harvard represents all private universities

What a crock. The per cent of people who paid cash for college is ridiculously low.

like under 10%.

Meanwhile the millions who are carrying crushing debt...you seem not at all worried about them or what freeing that money up would do for the economy

You must have been in a hurry to hit the "POST REPLY" button as you forgot to include your reliable source and working link.

I paid cash for mine, graduating from a well-known university. Granted, winning a tournament my last year speeded things up.

Golf?

like under 10%.

The crock is that people are taking out too much debt for college. Responsible people are taking loans that are manageable. Taking a four year loan at a private college across the country and you have no idea how to pay for it.... I’m worried that this irresponsible debt and lending are doing to US.

like under 10%.

Golf?

Bowling, Miami, the 60s.

The crock is that people are taking out too much debt for college. Responsible people are taking loans that are manageable. Taking a four year loan at a private college across the country and you have no idea how to pay for it.... I’m worried that this irresponsible debt and lending are doing to US.

As always, the government has no clue as to how to manage a business. Making student loans is a business and they don't use business sense to make those loans.

The student loan bubble is getting close to bursting.

"It’s 2019, and Americans are more burdened by student loan debt than ever.

Among the Class of 2018, 69% of college students took out student loans, and they graduated with an average debt of $29,800, including both private and federal debt. Meanwhile, 14% of their parents took out an average of $35,600 in federal Parent PLUS loans.

You’ve probably heard another scary statistic: Americans owe over $1.56 trillion in student loan debt, spread out among about 45 million borrowers. That’s about $521 billion more than the total U.S. credit card debt."

U.S. Student Loan Debt Statistics for 2019 | Student Loan Hero

Donald Trump is barely remembered for his time at Penn

Donald Trump worked his way through college, in the family business. Even though he's a social kind of guy, he didn't party his way through school.

But they remember well enough to have matriculated three of his children.

Forum List

Back