🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Was Adam really the first human and if so...

And I agree with you, I think we're thinking on the same side, sans alcohol. :)

And i mean me, not you. You're absolutely right. Religions are in terrible boxes, and I don't how to break the boxes without violence. Because it should not take violence to make people see the truth.
A lot of people talk about truth. Most of them are talking about subjective truth.

Do you know how to see objective truth?

Can I try?

Those who believe that God can be handed out and eaten like a cheap snack food are at best, not too swift.

Hows that for objective truth?
That would be an example of subjective truth.

The question wasn’t give an example of subjective truth. The question was how does one go about seeing objective truth.

:lol:

No, it is an objectively stupid thing to believe because it contradicts the entire teaching of the bible upon which you base this belief on.

Even the mice infesting the walls of your church know that its stupid.

You want to know how one goes about seeing this particular objective truth?

Try being honest.

The more you try to deceive others, the more you will go blind.
How does one be honest and know the truth he sees is objective truth and not subjective truth?

For example I believe you believe you are being honest but I don’t believe you have the slightest idea of how to differentiate between subjective truth and objective truth.

Try being honest.

A lot of people talk about truth. Most of them are talking about subjective truth.

Can I try?

Those who believe that God can be handed out and eaten like a cheap snack food are at best, not too swift.

The question wasn’t give an example of subjective truth. The question was how does one go about seeing objective truth.

No, it is an objectively stupid thing to believe because it contradicts the entire teaching of the bible upon which you base this belief on.

Try being honest.

How does one be honest and know the truth he sees is objective truth and not subjective truth?

For example I believe you believe you are being honest but I don’t believe you have the slightest idea of how to differentiate between subjective truth and objective truth.

Try being honest.

So what's your guide dog's name? :biggrin:

Can I try?

Try being honest.

Try being honest.

I used to have one called Charlatan but when my eyes were opened she started getting vicious, nipping at me, barking at my children, and humping strangers legs so I had to put her down.

It was a public safety issue.

Last edited:

Try being honest.

Try being honest.

I used to have one called Charlatan but when my eyes were opened she started getting vicious, barking at children, and humping strangers legs so I had to put her down.

So now you just stagger around blindly with your arms out. Maybe you need another dog... or 6.

Try being honest.

Try being honest.

I used to have one called Charlatan but when my eyes were opened she started getting vicious, barking at children, and humping strangers legs so I had to put her down.

So now you just stagger around blindly with your arms out. Maybe you need another dog... or 6.

lol... Yes, you could be right. I'll be looking....

But anyway, I can see that you are beginning to think about what to say and how to say it before you post it, just like a baby taking its first steps. Unfuckingbelievable! Good job!

Who said you can't teach an old dog new tricks.

You can thank me some other time.

Try being honest.

But anyway, I can see that you are beginning to think about what to say and how to say it before you post it, just like a baby taking its first steps. Unfuckingbelievable! Good job!

Not to worry, I still wonder how many guys fudge-packed Mary before she got pregnant. :biggrin:

Try being honest.

Not to worry, I still wonder how many guys fudge-packed Mary before she got pregnant. :biggrin:

There there Taz, Don't be afraid. I won't take away your favorite chewy toy.

But seriously, why is that your favorite subject of speculation?

Did something terrible happen to you as an altar boy?

I also still wonder about the roos and polar bears... who had to walk really fast to the Middle East, and swim those oceans... To survive a flood that not many people even believe happened.

I also still wonder about the roos and polar bears... who had to walk really fast to the Middle East, and swim those oceans... To survive a flood that not many people even believe happened.

I'll take that as a yes.

I'll take that as a yes.
You're projecting again. :biggrin:

Just follow your ideal of Jesus. Doesn't matter if he existed or not. It's the ideal of Jesus.

Follow your life based on the ideal of Jesus. Ask what your ideal of Jesus would do in any particular matter, when you're at a crossroads.

There's no religion necessary. It's just the belief in an ideal. Can be many other figures than Jesus. The point is doing what is "good" for humanity.

There are two issues:

1) If the path you've chosen results in answered prayers and you having an abundant life, then you can thank the God you're following. If they aren't, maybe you're following the wrong God

2) If the Bible makes a promise or a prediction and it turns out to be true, then as our Declaration of Independence says, the truth is self evident.

Wow... geez... You sound like you're listening at first, but then you go way off. You're another brother for dingother.

HI! Nice to meet you!

I aimed my response to the thread as a whole. I've read it. The disconnects are pretty well obvious. So, what needs to be said was not being considered.

Amateur historians and people taught in seminaries see the world from their own little box. Neither would be willing to consider the fact that they might have something wrong.
Ummmm, you're just a little ant waiting for someone to jump on.

Good luck!

Please don't jump on me.

Even a little ant can have a stinging bite.

And I agree with you, I think we're thinking on the same side, sans alcohol. :)

And i mean me, not you. You're absolutely right. Religions are in terrible boxes, and I don't how to break the boxes without violence. Because it should not take violence to make people see the truth.

God promised his people:

"And God said to him, I am God Almighty: be fruitful and multiply; a nation and a company of nations shall be of you, and kings shall come out of your loins" Genesis 35: 11

That promise was kept and the U.S. along with Great Britain did become a nation and a company of nations - the greatest in history with kings coming from the loins of those people.

Can I try?

Try being honest.

Try being honest.

I’m sure you believe you are being honest when you are being subjective.

Let me know if you need for me to tell you how to be objective because you sure as hell don’t have a clue.

Try being honest.

Most militant atheists do.

I'll take that as a yes.
You're projecting again. :biggrin:

No, never was an altar boy and they never got their hooks in me. I disappeared with a friend for the entire year we were marked for the slaughter as they were too busy poisoning the brains of my other classmates among many other despicable things, and they never even knew it.

No, A person would have to believe something first before they can become an apostate.

The proposition that I could live forever if I got on my knees to eat Jesus and celebrate his torture and death every sunday for a nominal service charge even at that young age was to me an obvious living example of what the talking serpent would say in the story they just forced everyone to memorize. I wasn't buying it.

Then poof, I was gone......

No, A person would have to believe something first before they can become an apostate.

The proposition that I could live forever if I got on my knees to eat Jesus and celebrate his torture and death every sunday for a nominal service charge even at that young age was an obvious living example of what the talking serpent would say in the story they just forced everyone to memorize.

Then poof, I was gone......
You used to be Catholic. Now you aren’t. That’s an apostate. Plus you are militant.

Forum List

Back