Was It Right To Interrupt Obama?

No he didn't.

I'm not so sure about that. I don't remember if he announced it, or just started doing it. It was sometime after the debt ceiling debacle last year.

He's given dozens if not at least a hundred speeches on his need to go around Congress.

I've been hearing it for over 9 months. I've been listening.

Has any President NOT wanted to go around Congress?

I've listened too, and Obama clearly states that he CANNOT bypass congress. Interestingly, for much of his time in office, he hasn't had to

Only if you are an idiot blogger/reporter and have no respect for the office. AKA you are an idot that somehow thinks because you have purchased a computer you can bypass all of the rest of the work to become an accredited white house journalist. AKA an asshole.

Huggy it is better to remain silent and be thought stupid than to speak and remove all doubt.

but of course, one shouldn't interrupt the dear Obama when he is speaking..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mqSXsNJzRM]Democrats Applauding Their Own Obstructionism - YouTube[/ame]

obama said that he was going to bypass Congress when he wanted to. It can't come as a surprise that he's doing it.

No he didn't.

:eusa_think:

Correct....he said that he sometimes wanted to bypass congress, but he clearly explained that this was NOT the way US government worked.

He also said that Democracy was standing in his way, that "This Messy Democracy" stood in his way.........so when someone like Obama starts talking that way he has something in the works.

Actually he misspoke. He should have said messy Republic.

Well isn't it a treat that free speach also includes morons like you. I don't know about fuckwits like you but I like to know ......

S-P-E-E-C-H
Spelling-GrammarNazi.jpg

President Obama is known for allowing hecklers to speak and will answer their questions. Contrast that with R's who only accept pre-approved questions, sometimes charge constituents to be there, and make a run for it if the press appears. Most recently, Mitt has been avoiding all press.

This was an announcement and everyone knew there would be no question answer period. The heckler was not press although he had managed to get hold of a temporary press pass. Once he shouted at the president, he took off running and was caught by Secret Service.

The president was SO damn polite to that joker, calling him "sir" and telling him what has always been true - until this president, "...not while I'm speaking".

Even when Bush was falling down drunk, being interrupted by some fake reporter, or the real thing, would not have been tolerated. Ask the "hard" questions, ask any question you want, but that jerk was in the wrong.

Needless to say, rw's disagree but if this had been a (white) R president, you'd all be screaming your heads off.

No he didn't.

:eusa_think:

Correct....he said that he sometimes wanted to bypass congress, but he clearly explained that this was NOT the way US government worked.

He also said that Democracy was standing in his way, that "This Messy Democracy" stood in his way.........so when someone like Obama starts talking that way he has something in the works.

Actually he misspoke. He should have said messy Republic.

What could be "in the works?"

Is he going to return from Gaul and cross the Rubicon?

Only if you are an idiot blogger/reporter and have no respect for the office. AKA you are an idot that somehow thinks because you have purchased a computer you can bypass all of the rest of the work to become an accredited white house journalist. AKA an asshole.

Huggy it is better to remain silent and be thought stupid than to speak and remove all doubt.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mqSXsNJzRM]Democrats Applauding Their Own Obstructionism - YouTube[/ame]

Key word "one".

That was about two hundred ELECTED representatives standing up in support of Social Security.

BTW...it is common proceedure for standing applause all through a state of the union address.

ERGO....you are a fucking idiot with an idiotic example of an intruption. If Bush had said something you agree with and was interupted with supportive applause you would have had an orgasm.

Key word "one".

That was about two hundred ELECTED representatives standing up in support of Social Security.

BTW...it is common proceedure for standing applause all through a state of the union address.

ERGO....you are a fucking idiot with an idiotic example of an intruption. If Bush had said something you agree with and was interupted with supportive applause you would have had an orgasm.

ah yes, those interruptions should happen, but saying you lie when Obama speaks, or a lowly reporter interrupts him....damn world about ended..

you people crack me the hell up

Last edited:
President Obama is known for allowing hecklers to speak and will answer their questions. Contrast that with R's who only accept pre-approved questions, sometimes charge constituents to be there, and make a run for it if the press appears. Most recently, Mitt has been avoiding all press.

This was an announcement and everyone knew there would be no question answer period. The heckler was not press although he had managed to get hold of a temporary press pass. Once he shouted at the president, he took off running and was caught by Secret Service.

The president was SO damn polite to that joker, calling him "sir" and telling him what has always been true - until this president, "...not while I'm speaking".

Even when Bush was falling down drunk, being interrupted by some fake reporter, or the real thing, would not have been tolerated. Ask the "hard" questions, ask any question you want, but that jerk was in the wrong.

Needless to say, rw's disagree but if this had been a (white) R president, you'd all be screaming your heads off.

:eusa_clap:

Its good to see that you're trying to follow our politics from whatever planet you are on.

ANGRY%20obama.gif

Obama has this crazy habit of bolting once he makes an announcement. I think it was okay to interrupt him because chances are he was gonna leave as soon as he was done.

Even Fox cut out the angry exchange that took place, which really surprised me.

Obama lost his cool and I think that questions should be asked about his essentially unilaterally granting amnesty.

I have mixed feelings about it I think you should always be respectful to the office of the President even if you don't care for the person in it but Obama does have a tendency to run on so long sometimes that is the only way to get a question in.

ANGRY%20obama.gif

Obama has this crazy habit of bolting once he makes an announcement. I think it was okay to interrupt him because chances are he was gonna leave as soon as he was done.

Even Fox cut out the angry exchange that took place, which really surprised me.

Obama lost his cool and I think that questions should be asked about his essentially unilaterally granting amnesty.

I have mixed feelings about it I think you should always be respectful to the office of the President even if you don't care for the person in it but Obama does have a tendency to run on so long sometimes that is the only way to get a question in.

I'm with you on this, but you would think it was the end of the world in the media and Obama followers minds.

Democrats Applauding Their Own Obstructionism - YouTube

Key word "one".

ah yes, those interruptions should happen, but saying you lie when Obama speaks, or a lowly reporter interrupts him....damn world about ended..

you people crack me the hell up

"hyperbole - definition of hyperbole by the Free Online ...
hy·per·bo·le (h-pûr b-l) n. A figure of speech in which exaggeration is used for emphasis or effect, as in I could sleep for a year or This book weighs a ton."

Get a grip Stefunny.

Well, if I was the fucking president, I'd feel that after fucking 50,000,000+ people fucking voted for me, then I would have the fucking right to say any fucking thing I wanted, and take as long as I fucking wanted to say it.

:redface:

Including the "F" word.

Well, if I was the fucking president, I'd feel that after fucking 50,000,000+ people fucking voted for me, then I would have the fucking right to say any fucking thing I wanted, and take as long as I fucking wanted to say it.

Including the "F" word.
So does that mean that no one should have the right to question you?

Including the "F" word.

No.

It means that :

A. when I'm speaking, then I shouldn't be interrupted.
B. When I am not speaking, then you can ask questions.

Not really that fucking complicated a fucking concept.

Under this law every single OWS member could be arrested and face a year imprisonment if the Secret Service cordons off an area they are occupying.

And how many times has the Secret Service abused this law in the past?

Funny but I didn't hear you complain when the SS forced people into "free speech zones"when Dickhead "Shoot you in the Face" Cheney spoke at LSU's graduation commencement.

I don't follow Dick Cheney around the world. Far as I'm concerned this is a law that can be abused like any other if the wrong person takes office.

Right, because you don't hate Cheny like you do Obama.

You're such a fucking hack. I love how we go from "OBAMA makes FREE SPEECH A FELONY" to "well, its a law like any other and can be abused" and you never at one point admit how stupid you are! They told you on FOX the Big EVIL OBAMA was doing something to stop your free speech and you didn't even bother to verify if it were true. Its so very sad there are so many wilfully ignorant intellectual SLOBS like yourself.

Last edited:

Including the "F" word.

No.

It means that :

A. when I'm speaking, then I shouldn't be interrupted.
B. When I am not speaking, then you can ask questions.

Not really that fucking complicated a fucking concept.
What if you decide to make a dash and not answer questions? If a reporter feels that is going to happen especially on a politically charged issue such as this you don't feel he should interrupt?

No he didn't.

I'm not so sure about that. I don't remember if he announced it, or just started doing it. It was sometime after the debt ceiling debacle last year.

He never announced he would bypass Congress when he wanted to, sorry.

The repubs never "announced" before Obama's election that they would attempt to block every piece of legislation intended to overcome the effects of the financial crisis Obama walked into from day one. I see his efforts to bypass a stalemated congress as commendable but ultimately futile. You people that would see America on it's knees as a fair price to make Obama look bad are fucking asshole traitors and can all go fuck yourselves.

Forum List

Back